main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    "Well..." what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon. Tell me! :eek:

Yobi, you have a gift for cliffhangers. And I mean that.

2. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I don't blame the guards for how they're treating Tahiri, but from the sounds of her it's unneccessary. Didn't they consider how badly Jacen manipulated her when she was on trial?

At least it sounds as though Jaina's going to bust her out. Probably won't help the status of the Jedi given what's happened while Jaina's been away, but if it must be done it must be done. I guess.

[face_worried]

Waiting for more.

Draco.

3. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Ohh this just keeps getting better. :D

Did you make this prison up? I can't remember it anywhere else but its very intriguing.
    I wonder what they'll do with Tahiri in profic... Hmmm. I like this idea though.

4. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Oooh, that was good stuff. Tahiri has never been my favorite EU character, but I like what you're doing with her. And I really like the thing about the trail working two ways... most intriguing.

5. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    But even the record holder for the longest run on Lando's Folly couldn't avoid the rock particles and beads of frozen vapor that sometimes made it through the shuttle's flickering shields, further marring the spacecraft and making its brittle frame groan in protest. Frost had iced over the caked mud and humidity-warped hull plating, making it easier for the blood-red patches of rust eating through the durasteel armor to flake away.
    She should have accepted Jag?s offer. [face_shame_on_you] Good luck taking off the asteroid in that. [face_worried]

"I understand that Aurra Sing was transferred here again after she was apprehended in Hapan space," Jaina replied as her guards joined her inside the lift and the Bothan began punching something into the keypad on the panel beside the door.
    Hm...Is Aurra Sing going to play a part in this story, or did you just throw her in for a red herring?

"Hello, Jaina," the prisoner said.
    "Hello, Tahiri."

Well, that was a surprise. [face_thinking]

"But you know," Tahiri began, her nose scrunched and eyes narrowed as if she was just beginning to feel her way around an epiphany. "A trail runs two ways."
    I think she?s on to something. It sounds like maybe the backward trail is already working.

Hmm, I?m guessing Jaina will spring Tahiri out of jail. Thelma and Louise, with lightsabers. *giggle* 8-} This should be good. [face_laugh]

And will they have hitchhikers when they leave? :p

Where?s our Imperial spy Cem, and what is she doing while all this is happening?

So many questions. The mystery deepens.[face_thinking]

Great job as usual. You're certainly keeping us readers guessing. =D=

I can hardly wait for more, Master Yobi. :)

6. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    But she knew it was only a matter of time before the power-crazed sectarians fostered another conflict, or destroyed planets, or another one of his protégés just tried to take the entire thing over.

And then Daala would make her move.

Well, she?s not entirely wrong?from a certain point of view. But it?s not as if the Jedi condone these rogues. Good God! How will Kyp deal with having Daala in power. He tried so hard to destroy her 30 years before, too bad he missed!

Certainly a single Jedi Knight is more dangerous than any blaster you can find on the market

Yeh! And that?s what makes them so cool!

KraytCorp had their claws in everything

Now see, that?s what smart Siths do, make money! They?d love to banish the Jedi to one suck *ss planet. But really, I think Kyp?s done enough mining for a few lifetimes. Daala?s plan just ain?t gonna happen.

Daala had already created a secret patrol to round up the non-Jedi Force-sensitives on Scaur's lists, ripping them away in the night without arousing suspicion. Those who could be taken alive were handed over to Krayt Metals and put to work in their colony along the Outer Rim. The task force, which she'd code named Knight Hammer after the warship she had failed to destroy the Jedi with on Yavin IV, wouldn't be much good against the Jedi Order itself, but when the time came to enforce the new law against Master Skywalker and his followers, she would have the full support of the Senate and the military behind her.

Please tell me the Jedi have spies and intel networks that know about this! Please tell me they won?t be naïve like the OJO. Daala is absolutely nuts!

It was sad to see Tahiri incarcerated that way. I mean, she?s no worse than several of the current members of the Jedi council.

Jacen probably can?t be a Force ghost so the only way to communicate with Jaina is with the blood trail? Interesting. Who is the ?he?? I love the mystery here.

How exactly am I going to do that when I'm locked up in here?"

"Well..."

Prison Break? Easy for Jedi! [face_whistling]

This story is becoming much more intense than I ever imagined. Great work! =D=

7. SilverWolf77

SilverWolf77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2008
    oh!! darn cliffie...:mad: Love the post. I was thinking Jaina was going to see Aurra Sing, but then Tahiri showed up...
    I love the way you write Tahiri, =D= Can't wait for more!!![:D]

~SW

8. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Two words: Loved it! [face_love]

I so love that Ben and Luke visit Tahiri. I have a feeling they're probably the reason she avoided a death sentence.

I guess she's in for her natural life?

But I must say that I'm a little disappointed with Han/Leia. I certainly understand them being upset with Tahiri, but after two years and the overwhelming grief and emotions over Jacen and what he did would have somewhat subsided, I would think they would be better than that. After all it was their son who ruined her life. [face_plain]

Nice insight into the trail running both ways?! :eek: I had never really thought of it that way but so true, and I wonder exactly what Jacen is trying to tell Jaina...I suspect it may be more than 'just' saving someone.

And if they retrace his steps for the last year they would have to start with the astroid field..which of course, Jag vaped. [face_thinking]

This is just fantastic Wes. [:D]

Oh, and I loved Jaya's thoughts about how Caedus left a taint on the family. You know one family member turns evil murderer people can say....'meh, it was just him,' but two? People start to look twice, I'm sure.

9. dancinut1080

dancinut1080 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Great post YK! You were right the plot is thickening (not that thickening was ever unexpected :))Can't wait for more!

10. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    yeah! That's it Jaina, get Tahiri out of there!

Great post YodaKenobi!

11. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Very intresting chapter [face_thinking] it is very possible Jacen was holding something back. He can't tell his apprentice everything, otherwise the apprentice would become the master. Then the Rule of Two would carry on.

Great Chapter!

12. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Cyn: First!

Way to go =D=

And now with the review....
    Not you too? *shakes head*

LOL. You know, I changed the line from, "Ben came twice" to avoid that kind of insinuation :p

Anyway, I wasn't implying that. Ben seemed like he cared about her enough to try and help her, I just imagined him visiting a couple times to check on him.

And I mean that in a totally inappropriate fangirly sort of way.

o_O

It's just Jaina's neck and shoulder being exposed there. Her fun stuff is still covered 8-}

Darn it... Seriously though, Jaina's come to break her out, eh?

Well, maybe...

Very interesting. Will Jaina's Imperial minder will be helping with this?

Hard to say how close Cem is tailing her or if she'd be up for assisting in a prison break.

Jaina and Tahiri's Excellent Adventure. Awesome.
    I really hope it's not a Bogus Journey.

[face_laugh]

But Bogus Journey would have them playing Battleship with the Grim Reaper!

Nice post, Wes!

Thank you :D And thanks for reading!

Telanna: Second.

Nicely done =D=

Curiouser and curiouser. I would love to see Tahiri find some redemption - even if she has to break out of prison to do it. That's going to be a challenge, but nothing those two can't handle.

Yeah. Desolation Alley is quite the setup, not exactly the easiest place to escape from when they're deep beneath the surface of the asteroid.

As for Tahiri finding some redemption, I think that would be nice too.

Interesting concept, the Nightsister Blood Trail thing. Is it canon or an original concept?

It's canon, introduced by Troy Denning in Invincible. During Jaina and Jacen's first confrontation on Nickel One, Jaina cuts Jacen's arm off with one of the beskads the slaughtered Mandos dropped and when she does, his blood strays across her neck and shoulder and feels like it's burning. Afterwards, she returns to the Jedi hideout only to find she can't wash the stains off, can't get rid of them. Apparently this is another Force technique Jacen's picked up in his sojourn and he uses it to track Jaina and find where the Jedi are hiding. After Jaina killed Jacen on the Anakin Solo, the blood stains disappeared.

Are you sure you only want to post once a week?

Well, if I want to keep up with my series :p These are actually really easy posts to write but the LotD stuff can be pretty challenging and time consuming.

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

DARTH_MU: tertius
    what with you writing two fics of a similar nature....

I don't know, I don't think these two are actually all that similar [face_thinking]

I thought that this was Land of the Dead and figured that I missed the part where Tahiri was turned by Callista and Darth Havok before finally caught on that this is Blood Trail.

Heh. We actually haven't seen Tahiri in LotD yet, but she was captured at the end of Exodus, so she might be imprisoned and/or turned when we see her next.

Oh man.
    Even Luke forgive Tahiri, sort of. Who could figure that Han and Leia would be so...
    unforgiving.

We actually don't know that Han and Leia haven't forgiven her, they just haven't visited for whatever reason. We'll find out more on this later.

Geez, c'mon.
    I guess blood is thicker than water. If that were Caedus locked in there, Leia would kiss his toes in a new yor, um, I mean Coruscant second.

I don't know, they seemed pretty disgusted with him in the end :p

Thanks for reading and replying!

jedi_princess18: It appears Jaina won't be leaving alone...

Possibly [face_whistling]

Of course, if she tries this, she might not be leaving at all :p

Tahiri's thought is an interesting one. I really like how this is unfolding.

Thanks, I'm glad you're liking it :D

And thanks for reading and replying.

Sil:

13. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Great Chapter...... :) really liked the fact that Tahiri hasnt lost any of her lip :p :)you know...jiana and Tahiri following Jacen's life sounds awesome[face_dancing] ...we get to see stuff that pro-fic left out[face_frustrated] . cant wait to see Tahiri discussing Jacen with jaina and their observations of him specially how the vongs changed him.
    update soon! [face_peace]

14. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    YodaKenobi

Me too. A few years ago I just decided to stick with this one though

And I. Let's say so, I was distracted with others...

You consider Daala a heroine?

I know, that she still will show herself... Luke finds out, how he is strong was mistaken...

Under name Starflare...

Yep

:D

Hehe. They seem to have a lot of fans. Hopefully you'll like the explanation.

Well likely because Soontir - example of the present of the soldier of Empire, Syal - former holostar and one of the most beautiful women of a Galaxy, Wyn - amusing curious girl, which most likely too can become the excellent pilot. Cem - extremely mysterious person. And what to speak about Jag...

And now about chapter 3 ?

Ligeus has died? What a pity...

Well I spoke, that Daala still will show talon ? Means, she wants to Jedi destroy as potential threat. It will be interesting, as she will try it to make ?

It is a pity only, if Jag and Tenel Ka will suffer.

Darth Krayt??? Really??? Is healthy!!! That is, this senator serves of Sith?

In general, new cleaning and the order number 666. to me is always amusing for it for observing. With impatience I wait for continuation.

By the way, large thanks for inclusion me in PM a sheet.

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

15. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I don't do the long review thing, and I just read it in one straight shot so if I tried to pick out my favorite lines this post would wind up waaaaaay too long, but I am enjoying this immensely. Thanks for reminding me why I read fanfiction - because, unlike profic, it doesn't suck! I love your version of the Galaxy as it stands, and I eagerly await knowing where this wild bantha chase Jaina has embarked on will lead her...

Daala is one crazy lady... 8-}

Would you be so kind as to PM me when you update? I mean, only if you do that sort of thing anyway.

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Shahid_chestro: Great Chapter......

Thanks! :D

really liked the fact that Tahiri hasnt lost any of her lip

I know what you mean. I like mouthy Tahiri :p

you know...jiana and Tahiri following Jacen's life sounds awesome ...we get to see stuff that pro-fic left out .

Perhaps ;) I don't really want to say what you'll see or not see yet [face_shhh]

cant wait to see Tahiri discussing Jacen with jaina and their observations of him specially how the vongs changed him.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to writing more of their interaction, especially over Jacen related stuffs.

update soon!

Should be more on Tuesday [face_peace]

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Bellum: And I. Let's say so, I was distracted with others...

Well, it's a good distraction ;)

I know, that she still will show herself... Luke finds out, how he is strong was mistaken...

Yeah, there's going to be a lot of tension between them.

Well likely because Soontir - example of the present of the soldier of Empire, Syal - former holostar and one of the most beautiful women of a Galaxy, Wyn - amusing curious girl, which most likely too can become the excellent pilot. Cem - extremely mysterious person. And what to speak about Jag...

I really liked Wyn in FH2. She was the standout, IMO :p

Ligeus has died? What a pity...

It was mentioned in Revelation.

Well I spoke, that Daala still will show talon ? Means, she wants to Jedi destroy as potential threat. It will be interesting, as she will try it to make ?

Yeah, she hates her some Jedi :p Hopefully the conflict will be fun.

It is a pity only, if Jag and Tenel Ka will suffer.

Yeah :( Hopefully they can handle her.

Darth Krayt??? Really??? Is healthy!!! That is, this senator serves of Sith?

Rive appears to be Force-sensitive himself too ;)

And yes, Krayt is around. Not sure what his health status is yet, only that Rive wanted to tell himt he information Daala past on.

In general, new cleaning and the order number 666. to me is always amusing for it for observing.

Yeah, probably more appropriate!

With impatience I wait for continuation.

Not too long of a wait now. Just a couple days ;)

By the way, large thanks for inclusion me in PM a sheet.

My pleasure [face_peace]

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Vongchild: I don't do the long review thing, and I just read it in one straight shot so if I tried to pick out my favorite lines this post would wind up waaaaaay too long, but I am enjoying this immensely.

Thanks for reminding me why I read fanfiction - because, unlike profic, it doesn't suck!

lol! Thanks, I think I know what you mean 8-}

I love your version of the Galaxy as it stands, and I eagerly await knowing where this wild bantha chase Jaina has embarked on will lead her...

Hopefully it will be somewhere good ;)

Daala is one crazy lady...

Yeah, she's pretty messed up...

Would you be so kind as to PM me when you update? I mean, only if you do that sort of thing anyway.

Sure thing, thanks for your interest!

And thanks for reading and replying too :)

Next post we'll find out what Jaina and Tahiri do next... [face_mischief]

17. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002

Can't you just see them clasping hands and driving a speeder off a cliff.

"They're going to drive right into it just to teach us men a lesson. And it's all my fault!" [/Homer]

[face_laugh]

And will they have hitchhikers when they leave?

Actually, maybe kind of sort of... If they break out, that is.

:eek: Aurra Sing?!

It's Satunda, post day! [face_dancing]

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    jagsredlady: Aurra Sing?!

You never know :p

It's Satunda, post day!

[face_laugh]

I'm glad that's catching on 8-}

[:D]

Post in a few minutes!

When last we left, Jaina was visiting Tahiri in the maximum security prison "Desolation Alley" deep below the surface of the asteroid Oovo IV. Here's a pic of the top view of the prison and one of its race tracks that might help with visualizing the next chapter. I hope you guys like it:

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/7b/SWE1R_%28Executioner_Map%29.jpg]

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  20. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    First? :D

That was seriously great. Add "thrilling escapes" to the list of things you're awesome at writing.

21. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    A brilliant prison break in true Star Wars style! It was nice to see some characters who don't have to rely on lightsabers and the Force to get the job done. ;) Excellent chapter! Tahiri + Jaina = two FIERCE ladies!

22. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Well, that was certainly an adventure.

I should have known Daala had something to do with Tahiri being in prison. Stupid half-crazy Imperial witch...

Now we need to see what Jaina is supposed to find. Assuming, of course, that she's right in tracing Jacen's footsteps.

Draco.

23. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Jaina is so cool.
    :D

24. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    * sniff * reminds me of the good old days of Kyle Katarn. :_| How we miss him. [face_whistling];)

25. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Awesome action...great escape scene.

interesting that Tahiri didnt use any force powers to make her escape easier. specially some of what she learned from Jacen. [face_thinking]
    However, Jaina not using mando methods was just SO right![face_peace]
    Update soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.