main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Bloodfin EZ Board...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jordankarr, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordankarr

jordankarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Listen all I have looked into the ezboard stuff... Here are the choices!!

We let thracken reinstate the Original forum!

Or

we create a new Forum that all thraken has to do is link to it...

There is the Free Ezboard
    and the
    Gold EzBoard...

Diffrence is that Free has pop up and gold has no pop ups and more options...
    and we can always go gold once we get enough money... its like $30 every six months and comes out to being 5 bucks a month in donations... and thats if we dont excede 10,000 post a month...

I am willing to create a new Forum and be an Administator (lord knows I'll be on enough) and then Give to the orginal Administrators the power to edit post and what not...

Tell me what you all think.. or if not me then someone else can create the board...

Oh and who ever does this should create a specal forum for TROOPIE TALK...

Thats my two credits...

2. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Well I went to EZBoard and opened a discussion forum. We get the Gold level for 30 days and then it will revert. Rather than step on toes, I started a Bloodwing Squadron Discussion Board. Lord knows the pilots do the most gabbing. Go over and see what I've thrown together in the last hour. It hasn't been open long and still needs some work.

Bloodwing Squadron

3. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    You may have to get an ezboard user account in order to see the sight. It's free to get a user account.

4. DarthAcroyear

DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    I think it looks good Quag. Once we move a few things into place, like the parts list Rory made, I believe it will be rather nice.

By the way, I liked the comment in the "Troopie Talk" thread. And they talk, and talk..... ;)

5. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    I went to EZBoards and read all their stuff. I hit a few buttons and the next thing I knew, I was creating a forum. After I got done with the basics, I came back here to post and found this message from Jordan.

I think the whole thing will be very feasible. Individuals can become EZSupporters for 12.00 per year. They get benefits over what the regular users get. Also, anytime an EZSupporter goes to an EZBoard it doesn't cost against that boards account for monthly views.

Now I just need to get the Bloodwing Logo and some lettering to make a banner for the board.

6. jordankarr

Dec 9, 2002
    Great job Quag!!!

7. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Cool! I will have to go check it out later today! Smackdown! :)

8. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well stated Quag - I was gonna bring that up. Become an EZBoard member for a whopping $12, and all posts you make on a board do NOT count against that boards total. The EZBoard rate is based on number of posts, so you can drop the cost simply by being a member. And the community chest helps for the payment on the board each time it's due.

Win/win.

Holy crap. I just made a post here and didn't say something stupid or mean. I'm losing my touch. Someone touch me - fast. NOT YOU, Incom!

9. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    You were just having a spell of some kind, JediJeff. It'll pass, I'm sure. Nobody need touch you, after all. Sorry. ;)

Good advice, though. :)

By the way, did you all sign up for the local or global account? I seem to be having technical difficulties with the local one.

10. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    It is best to sign up for the global account. With the Global account you can access large numbers of boards out in the world. At the bottom of the Bloodwing site I have entered a number of Star Wars EZBoard discussion groups. Many of them won't let you view them without having a global account.

Get the Global account and go see what's out there.

11. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I wouldn't touch JJ with Novals ... hand. ;)

I signed up with the Global account.

12. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    JediJeff- I still don't like you very much...simply because you hate The Red Wings and that is just not right in my book! ;)

EmeraldGreene- Be careful! We can't lose our wonderful BC Mod!

Stupid EZ boards....somebody already had my login "NyghtFyre" so I had to become "FyreNyght"....not happy...BOOOOOO!

13. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    Did you try it with a space or a dash in your name?

14. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Quag- Yes, I tried a dash and it wouldn't let me, I tried a space it wouldn't let me, I tried no caps and it wouldn't let....noticing the trend here? :) I just think it doesn't like me in general!

15. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    I'll try again later to get myself registered, this time with a global account. Thanks for the advice! I'd do it right now, but patients keep popping up for me to see.
    Yes, I know, it's a strange day when that happens.

16. RavingMad

RavingMad Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2002
    I actually already had an EZ Board account...I'm on there as Obfusc8er

A little tip...
    The reply screen tends to be a little picky.Be sure you turn on the EZcodes, or it will snap back at you with some nonsense about an HTML error.

17. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    what's the password for sith council?

18. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    The password for Sith Council is the same as it was on Bloodfin.

19. JediJasonS

JediJasonS Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2002
    Ok , I have been out of town for a week or so. What is going on with the Bloodfin Site? Did it crash? Are we moving over to these ezboards? Is this permenate? How do we get to these boards?

Your Confused Trooper TK 5175

20. jordankarr

Dec 9, 2002
    The Bloodfin site was crashed by a worm virus accrrding to thraken... It has been down sence last monday...

It was suggested that someone create a bloodfin/Bloodwing message board... so that we are not filling the IK with Bloodfin Messages...

The EZBoard is easy to create an account... Create a global account and it will give you access to alot of boards...

Also We as a group can donate money with ease to the boards comunity chest so that when it comes time to pay the fees EZboard will deduct the total from the chest...

this forum will also cut down on the Bloodfin Trafic so that we are not ussing all of the Bloodfin Bandwith... again to help out thacken... For its not on the Bloodfin server its on a seprate server that the rest of the world uses...

If you ever visited the MIDWEST Garrison message board then you have an EZBoard ID already...

I hope this answers a few questions for you...

21. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    The link to the Bloodwing board is listed above in a previous post.

22. DarthAcroyear

DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    The board is coming along quite nicely Quag. Once again I say "good job"! :)

23. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, Quag great job on the board!

It is coming along quite well!

Noval

24. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    Now if we can just get some of the other Bloodfins to come over.

Kevin
    Scott
    Skyla
    All need to bring their crusty butts on over to the board.

25. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Yeah!

Crud, I am still in sock form...oops! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.