main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Bloomington, IN fanforce general meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JacenSolo5, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacenSolo5

JacenSolo5 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    I've email/pm'ed everyone. When can we hold a general meeting in November? I've talked with a couple of you and you said that Saturdays were ok with you. lol Now let's choose:

1. Nov. 9th
    2. Nov. 16th
    3. Nov. 23rd

I look forward to hearing from you.

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    As soon as you decide the date and location, let me know and I'll put up an annoucment on the news page.

~H~

3. JacenSolo5

Oct 4, 2002
    The first general we will nominate & vote for a City Representative. According to the Fanforce FAQs, a City Representative, CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter. However, if a group has not yet become a recognized chapter, they may still elect someone to represent them and their interests until said group becomes official. If you have these qualities come & get involved in the election. Else come & help us build this growing Star Wars community in Bloomington, IN. I hope to see you then.

4. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    FYI Jacen, as Femme said in the other thread, you can't elect a official CR until you are an official chapter. Feel free to talk about the position and who is interested in leading the group, but do not do any nominations or voting until you are an official group. Your first meetings should be used to get to know each other and find out what your interests are so that you can plan events.

I know you are eager to get started, but you need to get some more people involved before getting into too much discussion about officers. It's lonely being a fan club of one. :(

Do you need any help with ideas for advertising your group on these boards or in real life?

As for the meeting place, do you have any particular place in mind, such as a local mall or bookstore?

It sounds like you've got alot of this already planned out, let me know if you need any help. :)

~H~

5. JacenSolo5

Oct 4, 2002
    I know DarthJurist. I'm just a little eager to start this club after waiting three months for one. lol Okay. The first meeting will be to say 'hi' & introduce ourselves. I'm waiting for Abe, Matt & John to give me an answer when they want to hold a general meeting. And then we'll decide what Sat. in November to have a meeting. I have a firm day & time for the Star Wars book club, the fourth Monday of the month @7:30pm at Borders Bookstore in Bloomington. I didn't have a lot of options when choosing this date & time because it's the only time that I have and the bookstore has an open stop for one. DarthJurist could you help me out on advertising? Thanks. I've currently been doing some lite advertising with flyers. Now that I have a board I can create more flyers. I'm going to hold another meeting at the midnight showing of The Attack of the Clones during the Clones DVD/Video Release @ Borders Bookstore Nov. 11 - 12. I'm sure to find some new members then. I'll discuss more about this event in another thread. lol

6. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    This is what I have come up with so far. I'll add ideas as I think of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Advertising your club on the web:

-Put your club's web site or next meeting date in your signature, and once you are official, use your club's custom icon.
    -One to two weeks before an event, send me an announcement that I can post on the news and events page. This is also linked to the Front Page of TheForce.Net, so anyone that visits the front page will see it.
    -Post at other SW sites (such as Star WArs.com) that you are starting up a club in Bloomington.
    - Do a google search to see if there are any Sci-Fi fan clubs in your geographic area, or collecting/gaming clubs. Ask the leaders if you can mention that you are forming a Star Wars club, and ask them to inform their members. Many fans are involved in one or more groups.

Advertising your club in real-life;

- Post flyers at comic stores, toy stores or book stores (where allowed).
    - Post at local colleges and universities.
    - If there are any upcoming local sci-fi conventions, leave a stack of flyers. Also check out the panels, if there are any Star Wars related panels, stop by and ask if you can announce that you are starting a club or at least pass out flyers.
    - Give all members a stack of business cards (or small flyers) that they can carry with them and pass out to people they think may be interested.

Note: When posting on other sites or doing any kind of advertising, keep in mind that you are representing your club.

7. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Hello from Evansville. My advice to you: advertise in real life as much and possible and be patient. It took us over a year to become official. Members will come and go and things might be slower that you would like. Just keep having fun and things will come together. :)

8. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    As TC517 said just be patient. Members will come and go and some no mattter how hard they try can't make the meetings :-( But once you get the ball rolling it will start to snowball. Remember that the most important thingis that you have FUN!!!!

good luck

charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.