Spok, WA Bloomsday 2006 - May 7th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Event: Lilac Bloomsday Run (Spokane, WA)
    Date: Sunday, May 7, 2006
    Start Times: 9:00 a.m.: Yellow and Green on Riverside; Corporate Cup and Second Seed/Senior Seed on Sprague;
    9:15 a.m.: Orange and Blue on Main;
    9:30 a.m.: Lilac (walkers only) & Red (consisting of Operators and Occupants of Strollers & Assisted Wheelchairs) on Sprague.
    Distance: 12K (7.46 miles)

Four Ways to Register: Online, By Mail, In-Person, and Late

Online Registration:

Online registration for Bloomsday '06 will begin January 21, 2006 at www.bloomsdayrun.org
    Enter online between January 21st and February 19th and you'll be eligible to win a trip for two to the St. Patrick's Day Dash in Seattle on March 12, 2006 (roundtrip airfare Spokane-Seattle, hotel room for 2 nights, free entry to the run)!
    Online Fees: To be announced.

Mail in Registration:
    Printed entry forms for the Lilac Bloomsday Run will be available approximately March 1, 2006.
    Mail-in entries must be postmarked by midnight Tuesday, April 18.
    No confirmation will be sent--entrants can pick up bib number and other information at Check-In on Friday and Saturday of Bloomsday weekend.

In Person Registration:
    Enter in person--exclusively at Gart Sports:
    From March 6th until April 18th, you can register at Gart Sports locations in Spokane--15118 E. Indiana Ave. or 9620 N. Newport Highway--during normal business hours.
    Late Registration:
    Late registration is available at Bloomsday Check-In on Friday, May 5th from 11:30 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, May 6th from 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. at the Ag Trade Center, 334 W. Spokane Falls Blvd.(near the DoubleTree Hotel--Downtown City Center). A ?Late Registration? desk will be set up to handle your entry. Late entry fee is $25.00.
    ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN ON SUNDAY, MAY 7.

This will be a costumed event for everyone in the group that wishes to participate. We will also be pushing a stoller or other wheeled device that will hold a boombox to play cantina music and other Star Wars songs.

Another idea was that those who desired to could randomly break out into some coreographed dance moves.

Bloomsday is a fun event :) I hope to see all of you with us this year :)/>
  2. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would like to see people post their possible participation and what they would like to be dresses as. Maybe list the costume you already have as a back-up and then list what you would like to go as. This can also help us with the costuming club, so we know what to help you make.

Eledaia - Ceremonial Leia(done)
    Wookie (need to make) or
    Ewok Village Leia (need to make) or
    Mandalor Unit (need to make)

Oh, and I'm definitely doing this again!
  3. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I like that idea... you'd look good in it, and it'd probably be comfortable :D
  4. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    *starts cleaning up the sappiness :p*

Green Twi'lek (done - for the most part)
    Barriss Offee (need to make)
  5. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    HEY! You leave that sappiness right where you found it missy! :D
  6. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Star Wars costumes
    Stormtrooper - completed
    Imperial officer - completed
    Mandalorian - comleted but need lots of fixing

NON Star Wars costumes
    Hogwarts Slytherin house robe - completed
    Green satin cloak (many possibilities) - 90% completed

Need/like to make
    Royal Gaurd
    Dash Rendar (prefered)
  7. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Dash Rendar
    W00t!
  8. -JediClone- Jedi Master

star 2
    If I do Bloomsday, it would be in my Philip J. Fry getup.

My Jedi costume is too warm for such an event (great for nights tho), as is just about any Star Wars costume I would want to make (Zuckuss, Wookiee...).
  9. -JediClone- Jedi Master

star 2
  10. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh a royal guard, that is really cool. I would really want to be one of those, but I do not have that kind of money.

More than likely I will show up for that in a blue jedi tunic and possibly black cloak (thinking that may not be a good idea depending on weather).
  11. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    FEES

$14 ( if done online) plus $0.99 online processing fee through April 23rd.

$30 (if done online) plus $2.97 online processing fee on April 24th and 25th.

Also, please note that the late entry fee is now $30 instead of $25.
  12. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wasn't sure where to post this but here seemed good enough. I found another 501st member that is local. He lives in Lewiston and said he'd be interested in joining us for events such as Bloomsday, etc. He even has a website www.tk2668.20m.com.

I'm applying for 501st membership, but until I get some quality pics it may take awhile. But hey, now we have at least 2 stormtroopers within 100 miles! On their forums they also hint at others around the area, I'll have to get nosy and ask around.

Also, I'm debtating on doing Bloomsday..... with only one costume that is all black and hot... not sure if I trust the weather this far in advance.
  13. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    *bump*

Just a reminder to go register :p
  14. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I did remember to register and I will be able to make it up there for Bloomsday, HOORAY!! :D
  15. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    *does a happy dance*

Yay! The more the merrier :) How many are coming up with you? Or do you know that yet?
  16. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I will tell you saturday night Nat.
  17. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
  18. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Monday online registration price hike! Register soon! WE NEED ALL THE MEMBERS WE CAN GET! You can find out more here:

http://www.bloomsday.org/News/News59.htm
  19. Padmaye Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, Baxter and I are officially registered for Bloomin' Idiots Day - I mean, Bloomsday. Oh my, what have I gotten myself into?!?

Padmaye

Oh yea, I tried my best to talk Nathaniel into it, but he refused to budge. Stubborn miniature brother...
  20. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    John and I just registered!
  21. -JediClone- Jedi Master

star 2
    I still havn't registered. I can't do it online, because I don;t have a credit card. Are there still options for in-person registry before the last minute stands on May 5/6?
  22. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So people know this is what I will be wearing for bloomsday, not sure if I will wear my cloak as well:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/ewok_jedi/IMG_0116.jpg]

I look forward to seeing y'all there :D
  23. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i registered the other night. just forgot to post that i did it.
  24. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    JediClone, You can register in person on Friday and Saturday before the race(but not on Sunday) at the Convention Center I think. Check out http://www.bloomsday.org
  25. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, is Jordan planning on going? Because I could really use a chewbacca! And Kelli wants to make a wookie costume anyway!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.