main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Bloomsday 2009 Sideline Entertainment - May 3rd

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Bloomsday is May 3rd!

We need costumes and people!!

The SpoCon organizer for this, Dawn is giving me "band passes" and maps this Saturday, I want to encourage everyone who wants to volunteer to come down, we'll likely have to car-pool, shall we meet at Smudges? Smudge, what do you say? We'll bring in the other half of the cantina bar, and a car that can transport at least that half. SpoCon has a DJ that will be bringing music equipment to blast music. We've got a week or so left to plan for this guys, let's get a dialogue going, tell me what you want to do

PS. Dawn says she might have a guy bringing a Winnebago dressed up as Lone Star's ship from Spaceballs :p how awesome is that.

2. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Absolutely! I have no objection to using my place as a staging area. I believe there was talk of getting together the day before to finalize things as well.
    Also, for those who have a long drive, tey are welcome to crash here for the night.

3. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    We may take you up on that ;)

4. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Nat's running, but I was planning to have my Jedi robes and a lightsaber at the sidelines.

5. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I've already requested that day off. I should be there.

The original plan had been for me to expand the bar, but circumstances have pretty much screwed that up.....

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I figured that was probably the case

7. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    the bar will get done.....sooner or later and it will be awesome when it is!.0

I'm tentatively planning on doing my smuggler routine and setting up a table with blasters and misc. props. Sort of an "arms dealer" kind of thing.
    As it was last year, Shogun (my truck) is available for banner display as well as a staging area at the site. (assuming there is room to park it)

8. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Where exactly will we be located?

9. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Not 100% sure, but if I can get into town this weekend, I'll be picking up the map.

10. Darthchromer

Darthchromer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2007
    The space ball winibago thing is not going to happen. I was going to bring my RV for shelter purposes. The course spot was changed and there is no room for it now. Plus I have no time to space ball it out.

11. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I should have known that would be you :p bummer though, that sounded cool. Oh well, costumes, banners and the crappy cantina bar will have to do, unless anyone has some better ideas.

12. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    will there be room for my truck as there was last year?

13. Darthchromer

Darthchromer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2007
    You will have to talk to Dawn, she told me it was a very small area. It was Dawns idea to tranform my RV into the Winibago, I just don't have the time to do it. I told her if anyone wants to take that project on they are more than welcome to come over here and do it. There really is not much time now though, maybe a project for next year.

14. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    When can we get some details? I have to tell my dad when to pick up the kids.

Are we meeting at smudge's to start from? Where are we going to be on the track?

Also, does anyone have any kind of alien star wars mask? The display house site doesn't show any that I could use.

15. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    As I understand it, it will be close to the end.

16. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    So who does know where the cantina scene will be?

17. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    What do you mean?

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    What time is the group supposed to be there and set up Sunday morning? The race starts at 9am and I'm assuming they want entertainment set up well before then.

19. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I DO know the answer to that ;) no later than 7am

20. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    I think I'm feeling well enough for all of this.
    What time are we meeting at Smudge's?
    Anything happenning the day before?

Also, I've got the next two days off after today.
    I want to try to work on a couple of projects for this event.

Smudge, could you call me and let me know if/when I could come get one of the bar pieces?
    I work until 11pm tonight, so leave a message letting me know when to contact you.
    Thanks.

21. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    We've got the other two bar pieces at our storage unit, we don't have enough gas/money to make a trip into town right now though, so if we can find a way to get into spokane we can bring the other half of the bar over. also, I have the foamcore sign I made a while back, perhaps we can affix that to the bar in some fashion. thoughts?

22. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    If I can remember to get more duct tape, we've got a quick-fix.

If you can actually make it into town, I can help out with gas money.
    If push were to come to shove, we could probably take up a quick collection.....

23. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    We can for sure get it in on Saturday, I get paid Thursday at midnight.

24. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Sabrina and I are offering our place to those who wish, to use it as a staging area/jumping off point. I'm thinking of 4:30 ish for a gathering time. We can then coordinate carpools, and meeting places and whatsuch.

We are planning to lay low on Sat afternoon, getting things ready/loading the car etc. Anyone who wishes to utilize the shop or space to finalize a costume or just to hang out is welcome to come. Starting around 1:30 or so. If your're coming over later on, it's best to call first just to make certain we aren't running quick errand. PM me if you do not have my #

We are also offering crash space for those who do not wish to travel back and forth twice.

See everyone then!

25. SigmaRue

SigmaRue Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2008
    I THINK Sean and I can do this, but only if we can find him a costume. It's expensive shipping armor anywhere and airlines don't take too kindly to that stuff. =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.