Spok, WA Bloomsday 2009 Sideline Entertainment - May 3rd

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm... anyone got any ideas for Sean? Sean if you can get some green fatigues, we can probably do the BSG fatigues for you ;) other than that, I think with various bits and pieces, we could scrounge together a good pirate costume :D
  2. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I might be able to help outfit him as a smuggler or even a generic Sith. Sean, do you have a set of all black clothing? (long sleeve shirt, pants.shoes- no big logos or such)
  3. SigmaRue Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sean's kind of racist against the sith, but I think we could get him into a smuggle. XD We'll be at your place tomorrow for sure and we'll see if we can fix him up with something. I need to do some lekku painting so I'll be bringing my airbrush and stuff. I promise not to make a mess. :D

Also, if anyone who's coming to Smudge's tomorrow has a pair of khaki, baggy-ish or not so baggy pants they wouldn't mind lending for Bloomsday... could you bring them? I think I'm going to be wearing a little too much black otherwise.
  4. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI, Sean's BDU's just arrived at our place, so if he wants to do BSG bdu's we can make them. I'm probably doing my Duty Blues, it'd be nice to have someone matching me :p
  5. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    What, Sean you don't like us Sith?! Wazzzzup with that?!!! now I'm all offended:_|
    *goes off to pout, play with his lightsaber and slaughter some cute innocent creature*
  6. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Knight

star 2
    *points and laughs* [face_laugh] you silly sith.....
  7. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I......I will FONG you!.......your entrails will become your extrails................I will..........................pain!......lots of pain!.........I..I...........
  8. roxez Jedi Knight

star 3
    SMudge,

Nat and I won't be coming today, but are curious on when we should show up at your place tomorrow morning for staging. I think you mentioned 4:30 ish, but I'm wanting to confirm.
  9. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    That was a ton of fun, I'm glad I came and spent time with everyone there.

Bloomsday also has the group as votable entertainment. If you ran, don't forget to vote for the group!

http://www.bloomsdayrun.org/castvote.asp
  10. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Big thanks to everyone who showed up to help, in costume and out. It was awesome! Start planning for next year!!!
  11. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Having seen all the other entertainment booths set up along the course - you all were by far the most entertaining. *votes SpoCon*
  12. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
  13. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for posting the pics Cheeser :D I'll see what I can do about adding another Bloomsday gallery to the Spokantina site.
  14. roxez Jedi Knight

star 3
    And thus I was immortalized into a gif... wow... :p
  15. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Cheeser, I added a couple of your pics on my Cosplay.com page, is that cool?
  16. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    No problem! I'm no pro, so I don't care!
  17. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, I'm making a point to ask permission to use anything lately :D that's the professional in me coming out :p
  18. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm putting the spokantina/spocon url and send that sucker around the world!!!

Speaking of spocon, spocon.us redirects to spocon2009.com. If spocon2009.com becomes spocon2010.com next year, can I just use the .us if it will continue to redirect?
  19. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a little complicated, it has to do with our former "webmaster" for SpoCon and how the domains were handled...

SpoCon.org is our official domain name. SpoCon2009.com is the current domain, but either one will work. SpoCon.us still works, but we're phasing it out, in a year or two, we won't use it at all.

Starting next year, SpoCon.org should be the definitive domain name for SpoCon :D Hope that wasn't too confusing, the simple explanation is "Send people to SpoCon.org :p"
  20. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    us.. org. oh web guy?

org.

Got it!
  21. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    That would be awesome! And reminds me that I still have C4 pics that I need to resize and upload.
  22. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Sinner's market!

Don't bother resizing them for the upload :D I'll be upgrading the site soon and it should be able to auto-resize uploaded images to parameters that I define :D Shannon gave me permission to use some of his awesome art to do a brand refresh for the Spokantina, and with that we'll be getting a new site design, yay!
  23. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
  24. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't guarantee I'll have the time and memory to back it up regularly, but I might be able to on a monthly frequency.
  25. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Cool! That'll save me some time. I'll keep checking the site for updates then :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.