Bloomsday - all we need now are costumed bodies!

Discussion in 'Spokane, WA' started by JarusSarn, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Dawn on our Spocon committee was able to pair us with the Renfaire group's booth, so all we need now are costumed people to populate the booth. Any Sci-fi or Fantasy costume will do. If you want to schedule a costuming meeting to put some finishing touches on a costume, post here, we will need a date and location. I only work on Thursday and Saturday this week, so I am available to help if someone hosts it. Here is the location of the booth and the time we need to be there:

We need to be there between 7 AM-& 7:30 AM Sunday morning. The area that we are sharing is between the Institute for Extended Learning(3305 W. Fort George Wright Dr) & Intercollegiate College of Nursing(2917 W. Fort George Wright Dr).

Post here if you think you can make it!
  2. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Lady Sinistra and I will be there.
  3. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    I might just barely be able to do this one.

I work at noon that day, so I'd have to leave around 10:30am or 11am.

Since the only real costume that I'm fond of is my armor.....
  4. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    As well you should be, the armor rocks!
  5. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    If anyone needs any props for their costumes please let me know, I have.......one or two available :)
  6. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    Are the Jedi so cowardly as to fear sharing a booth with a pait of Sith?

All kidding aside, does anyone have any info on what we will be doing, basic do's and dont's, parking when the event will be over etc?
  7. Darthchromer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dawn told me the will be sword fighting, singing and dancing going on as the waves of runners come by. Just show up early and they will do some practic sword play (should be up your alley Eric)There is a parking lot across from the Spocon, renfair area. John should have more details for you on the particulars. Do bring bottled water there will be no covered tent.The area they have is a grass lot. Bring folding chairs it will be a long day. I dont think i will make. Have fun!
  8. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
  9. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Very Well. :D
  10. SgtSkirata Jedi Padawan

It was very fun. The most fun I have had trooping ever! It was so cool to just hang out with other people interested in star wars.
  11. Darthchromer Jedi Knight

star 1
    The free comic day was tons of fun. I am glad Eric and John showed up. I could not make bloomsday though. Maybe we will see more of you guys in costume sometime. We need a better contrast of good verses evil.

Someone needs to do a Tantive IV Rebel Soldier, for interogation purposes of course.:D
  12. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Roger and Glenn(right?)! We need you guys on the 17th to help promote SpoCon at the torchlight parade, our tentative plans are to assemble a group in riverfront park dressed as jedi/sith with lightsabers, handing out fliers and telling people about SpoCon. It should be a really fun time, and We'd love to have jango and vader there!!!

PS. I'm finishing up my Corran Horn robes for it this week :D
  13. Darthchromer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool, What time and where in the park are you meeting.
  14. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Shiny!
  15. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure yet, I need to find more info on when the parade is starting, and stuff like that. Also, anyone from the spokantina can come to!! we need all the bodies we can get, Smudge and I figure we can costume and equip at least 10 Jedi for this, so I'll start a new thread, and we can take roll call.
  16. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    John
    Kelli
    Stan
    Erik
    Sabrina
    Nathan
    Erich
    Glenn
    Roger
    Chris (Jedi Clone)
    Chris (TK)
    Joe?
    Mason?
    kidlets? Mason? Roger? Who else has kids?

If we can get at least these people to commit, we could have a really great group.
  17. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    As long as I can be outfitted, I see no reason not to run around with a lightsaber :D
    What is the time on the Torchlight?
  18. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    We're toying with the idea of arriving at 6pm, the parade starts around 7:45, then leaving around 10pm, or whenever things die down.
  19. DarthTratz Jedi Knight

Would you guys be opposed to a Tusken Raider showing up? I mean, I know we're the white trash of the galaxy, but we like parades too. :)

I could even bring a lightsaber and be a quasi- A'Sharad Hett.
  20. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course! I'll start a new roll-call thread for those interested in this.
  21. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool! =D=
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.