main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

blowout! (it had to happen...)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm about due for car troubles driving back from Denver I suppose.

Ran over some roadkill on the way home (didn't see it till I was on top of it). So I slowed down, shut off the radio...no weird noises, car's runnin fine...little ways down the road...blowout...right rear tire (wait a minute...that's right, right rear tire). Didn't lose control or anything, back tire, front wheel drive, it's all good. blowout happened on a bridge and I had to go a little ways to get off of it so I could pull over far enough to stay away from traffic. Got the donut on...the tire is scrap. It was about 3-4miles north of monument so I made it the rest of the way home on the donut but IT. TOOK. FOR. EVER! ugh! I hate the right lane and I hate going under the speed limit.

It's probably time for new tires anyway...at least it didn't happen this time when I'm flat broke so I don't have to bum $$ from the parents. Ugh. Not a happy dragon right now nonetheless...

Any tire places you guys know have a good rep?

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    So sorry to hear that, what time did you get home?

3. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    'bout 1:15

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Not bad w/ a flat, by the time Jeff & I got to bed it was that time.

5. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, the flat happened @ 12 (almost straight up) took me about 30 minutes to get everything all done and about 45 min to drive home (that's 45 minutes from monument though!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.