main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Blu-Ray Release On April 5th.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Max@TSWP, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tython Dawn

Tython Dawn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Oh, OK. I don't know how I'd feel about an extended cut; the movie was very well paced and is already 2 hours 16 minutes long. I'd love to see the deleted scenes though, and I hope they give those the treatment PT deleted scenes got.

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

The film breezed by both times I watched it so I wouldn't mind an extended cut IF the scenes actually were good. :D

If you look at the LOTR:EE they were sometimes better or sometimes not than the theatricals. So it's not a guarantee it would be an improvement.

3. Tython Dawn

Tython Dawn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Haha, well I prefer the Extended Editions of LOTR all the way, but to each his own. I suppose you are right, an extended cut might not be so bad. But if they do release one, I'll bet it'll be closer to the release of Ep. 8. Makes a ton of sense, marketing-wise.

ShaneP likes this.
  4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Oh I do too. In fact, I don't think I've watched the Theatricals of LOTR for a decade. :p

What I mean is I like EEs but they can sometimes not work as well as intended. For LOTR they mostly did. I always watch TTT:EE. I love the Saruman building the orc army with Lee narration. FOTR:EE is great too. TROTK:EE I don't like as well but that's because that's my least favorite of the films regardless of regular edition or EE.

5. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    His comment isnt surprising look at his username.

6. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

May I suggest Harmy's Despecialized editions of Star Wars? The OOT unaltered in HD, free to download and burn to a disk. Would highly recommend it, they sit beautifully on my shelf.

7. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's way too early to pre-order anything. Look at other movies that put out specific sets and packaging leading up to the release, like Jurassic World and Mad Max: Fury Road.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Will be buying ASAP when it comes out.
    Have the 1990 release of the OT, 04 OT DVDS, 06 OT DVD release,
    TPM VHS, TPM Blu-Ray, AOTC Wide-screen, ROTS DVD, are what I have.
    Can't wait to add TFA to it.

9. NorthBayForce

NorthBayForce Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    But i want it now! :_|

10. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Is the digital download likely to have the same amount of extras?

11. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    This is more a minor thing, I know, but for the DVD at least, I do hope they continue the format of the prior trilogy releases--y'know, with the movie-intertwined menus, consistent spine labels to go with them on my shelf--maybe a different color to the silver OT and gold PT. Yeah, as an avid physical movie media collector this is just for freaks like me, but it would be nice.

And I don't want skimping on the special features. All of the prequel DVDs were good with this, and I loved Empire of Dreams and that big making of a scene featurette that came with ROTS. I look forward certainly to Abram's commentary.

12. BucMan-55

BucMan-55 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2004

Have those but dont have a blu ray burner. Have them in a nice MP4 that can be played from flash drive directly. HD and 5.1 sound.

Chunkydumb likes this.
  13. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They would be nice if they weren't hard to get (and I know some people think otherwise, as they seemed to easily get them, but I have no patience with this stuff and can't get in touch with the person who got me the first despecialized one.)

14. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Hope to get to see some good deleted scenes! On a related note, was the Chewie vs Unkar Plutt scene filmed?

15. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    I will only buy DVD if it includes extended edition and good quality amount of extras such as making of documentary and commentary tracks. [face_not_talking]

16. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    I was just coming by to ask this. Wonder if when directer's cut will be released (hoping same day).

17. KnightofCydonia

KnightofCydonia Jedi Padawan

Oct 27, 2015

Something tells me 'VII' will be missing from the spine, seeing as they've been reluctant to use it in any of the marketing. But, if they've got any respect for the fans, it'll be on there purely for consistency.

18. Spenno

Spenno Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 1, 2015
  19. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I guess I'll be pre-ordering the digital copy and buying the Blu-Ray. I can't imagine waiting even a day for that. Boxed set in the future? Ah well I'll buy it again. I've probably bought 10 versions of each SW movie. I mean it's Star Wars, the rules don't apply for me and SW. It's a drop in the bucket compared to, say, a $400 collectible. The movies are the cheapest things to buy and yet they're the Bible of the saga upon which all of the other stuff is based so I don't spare expense on them. Hopefully I can keep seeing TFA in theaters until March.

20. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    Wont be buying this ( God i never thought id say that about a new SW film! ) as i absolutley hated the movie.Will stick to the proper SIX film series on blu ray.

21. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Only a few days after my birthday. Perfect!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

22. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

Yeah don't waste your time. You got Jar Jar Binks and podracing extended scenes to enjoy.

23. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Proper 6? How do you come to that conclusion?

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

31.12.2016???:confused:
    To be serious I have my favorite scene already from youtube, so I'm mainly interested in behind the scenes stuff and deleted scenes from this movie. I hope the bonus disc edition comes out on 5th April as well. [face_sigh]

25. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Extended edition Bluray goes on sale for the 2016 Christmas shopping season and ahead of Rogue One release. Fellowship of the Ring extended edition came out one year after release of the film. Disney will have noted how successful that product was. If JJ has another half hour of footage to put back in the movie, it won't matter how bad it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.