main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Blu-Ray Release On April 5th.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Max@TSWP, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Hmmm, so I will wait for this extented edition and I think that's the one I pre-ordered already on amazon (Limited edition steelbook + bonus disc). At least I hope that's the one. [face_sigh]

2. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    As of this post Monday the 28th Star Wars has the four top spots on Amazon.

1. OT BD/DVD set
    2. PT BD/DVD set
    3. Saga BD set
    4. TFA BD

The OT and PT have been basically 1 and 2 since TFA opened. Not that they don't usually sell well of course and often are in the top 40, 20 even 10 etc but TFA has vaulted them way up.

As we have went on the various threads in the OT forum I wonder if they even CAN release them?

Lucas gave away Star Wars for a paltry 4B so part of the price might have been to never release the OOT.

On the other hand maybe they can after a certain set time or maybe if they can they just haven't got around to it.

There really is no hurry on their part at all as they don't get the distribution rights for I-III and VI and VI until around 2020 and don't get the rights to IV ever. So even in a best case scenario they would have no interest to do so until 2020.

By then the ST will be finished they can put out a I-IX saga set and then in addition the OOT set and some deluxe combo sets ala Blade Runner of the originals, 97 and BD SE's and if rumors are correct they will eventually tweak the SE's further.

Not at all. After that long the movie will have made probably 99% of it's box office. Well over 95% anyway. Then it's just about dribs and drabs.

Look at JW. After 16 weeks it should have packed up but it stayed in the theaters another 7 weeks just to make 2 million.

3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Anyone know if they are releasing this bluray in 3D as well? I haven't seen anything about the release being available in 3D.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

4. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I would think so.

Usually there is a 3D release with BD then a BD release alone with digital or some variation.

The Blu Ray listing is for BD, DVD, digital and UV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.