main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Blu Ray screencap requests

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Ford_Prefect, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I'd like to open this thread as a take-all-comers sort of thing for people who are looking for screencaps and shots of specific frames from the Prequel films in their Blu Ray definition, but are unable to take caps themselves. I have the Blu Rays personally, but don't have a computer that plays them, so I'm stuck at the mercy of whatever images people upload online if I want a really high-def picture of a specific shot. It's especially frustrating when you find caps of shots that are a frame or two just before or after the one you're looking for, very nearly almost what you're looking for, but just not close enough.

[​IMG]

Take this shot for example. I can find instances of it a frame or two just before or after in Blu Ray quality, but none of this exact moment itself. It's a pain, but I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out with this and try and match this shot with the Blu Ray version.

2. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    You can buy a blu-ray player for $60 bucks at any wallmart or target. You can buy a very decent size 720p HD tv for 200 bucks from lots of places.

3. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    To my knowledge there's no option on blu ray players to take a screencap or shot. Otherwise, I'd just use my PS3. It's easy enough for me to save a frame of a film while looking at a DVD on my PC by using software that allows you to do that directly or just hitting Print Screen, and I'm asking if anyone with a blu-enabled computer can do that here.

4. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Werd. Luckily, most of the changes on the Blu-Rays are audio, with the most notable exception being Yoda in Episode I.

I am wondering, why do the screen shots need to be HD quality?

5. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    Just because I'm resizing it for something, and every extra PQ quotient counts.

6. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
  7. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    PiettsHat's link is probably the best you're going to find, unfortunately. The best solution is probably an external blu ray drive. It's a shame the medium hasn't caught on so well.

Do you ever actually read anyone else's posts?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    Thanks Piett, but unfortunately this is one of the very sites I found so frustrating. They have a frame just before the one I posted, and one just after, but not the match for the one I'm looking for, unfortunately.

I'm just surprised you can't do this on a PS3. It can play Blu Ray movies, why not just save a still from one?

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I've got a BR-capable computer; what particular shots are you looking for?

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I would just like to warn you that the Blu-ray of Attack of the Clones has a teal tint all over it, thus changing every colour tone. See the comparison (Click for higher resolution):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although the Blu-ray has higher resolution, the DVD has better and more natural colours. Get the HDTV version, if you can...

Jedi_Ford_Prefect likes this.
  11. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    Wow, I'd actually forgotten about this entirely. Thanks, Alexrd. I know the HDTV version has the non-teal version, but it doesn't bother me. Perhaps the tint makes it a little less bright, but whatever. We'll see how this works.

Thanks again.

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I can't remember who it was or where it was posted, since it was almost two or three years ago....but someone posted a comparison shot of Obi-Wan walking with Lama-Su (sp?), while looking at the clones on Kamino...That comparison was great, and ended up being an accurate representation of how AOTC looked...

Anyone know which one I'm talking about??? :confused:

13. CircaCitadel

CircaCitadel Jedi Padawan

Oct 10, 2012
    I arrived on this thread a little too late, but any future requests I can also take care of if no one else can.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, that was from the HDTV version.

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yep. Sure ruined my endless hours of staring at Anakin's hand.

16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Actually, i know this sounds crazy but I actually like the "tealishness" that's on Blu-ray version...it gives everything a more realistic hue in my opinion.

Plus it didn't change any major things-Yoda is still green, lightsabers still look perfect, etc.

Besides, I have always felt that the previous version of AOTC always looked a little too perfect-with a little too much of an animated, "glossed-over" look...

CircaCitadel likes this.
  17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, I live on a planet where everything is teal-colored, so for me it works. But I can see how Earthlings would be annoyed by it.

DarthBoba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.