main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blu-Rays, 3d re-releases, Singapore Animation Building...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloridaFilmGuy

FloridaFilmGuy Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 1, 2000
    You know, I have a feeling...
    I think Lucas has a trick up his sleeve...
    All this, Star Wars... coming up, well it smells to me like Lucas is financing something.

The Blu rays have cashed in as of this evening almost 90 million dollar...
    The 3d re-releases you know are going to make money, serious money. Let's estimate a conservative 60-75 million a film. Lowballing it pegs it at 360 million over 6 years....

That, my fiends, is a lot of cash. So I ask you why? Why does Lucas need so much cash, and why does Lucas need to create a state of the art animation production facility in Singapore? And away from prying eyes here in America? Well, yeah, producing there is cheaper, granted, but producing what? Clone Wars? C'mon.

So yeah. My gut tells me that Lucas is planning a sequel trilogy, in an animated form (think TOR style, not Clone Wars), produced in Singapore, financed by this upcoming huge influx of cash he's about to get.

Thoughts?

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    George is worth 3 billion dollars. He has more than enough money to finance a dozen sequel trilogies. And even if he didn't, any studio, distributor, or producer would die for the opportunity to be a part of a this multi-billion dollar franchise, and he'd still have no problem getting financing for a sequel trilogy.

3. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    If it's animated, I wonder if it's also 3-D. Star Wars antimated 3-D!

Speculation![face_love]

4. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [face_thinking] Well, Lucasfilm/LucasArts already have a state-of-the-art animation production facility in Singapore;
    it takes up two floors of the Changi Business Park and houses over two hundred employees. And yes, a good part of STAR WARS:
    THE CLONE WARS
    is produced there. The building is in a good location--only about a mile from the airport and, better still,
    only about two miles from The Velvet Underground. The problem is that it's too crowded/not enough room, soooooooo Lucasfilm/LA
    is building their own business park with retail space and public parking, etc.

And if you were conducting experiments which involved vivisection and the worship of Nyarlathotep, you'd prefer privacy, too.

Cheers!

:)

CUO

5. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.