main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blue-headed droid in Mos Eisley

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by acroyear7, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Who or what is that blue-headed droid briefly seen in Mos Eisley? It's different from the astromech droids. I don' think there was ever an action figure made for it. I guess I ask this because virtually every major or minor character in Star Wars has been identified and I'm a sucker for droids. I have never seen any info on this droid here or elsewhere. I think there is more info on the ice cream maker guy than this droid.

2. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    If you post a pic I'm positive that I could identify it. But if you don't have one all I can say is look like crazy on Wookieepedia in the droids section and keep looking.

3. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    Thanks, I'll give wookiepedia a try. I don't have a picture, but the droid can be seen right after Luke sells his speeder and when the stormtroopers are knocking on doors in the Mos Eisley alleyway.

4. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    Is it this one?:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/WED-9-M1

5. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    Yes! Thanks!

6. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Woah I need to re-watch ANH again because I have never seen that droid. Pretty odd looking think don't you think?[face_thinking]

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Same here. Wow. After all these years, there is still something new to find. Of course, thanks to the CCG, I started noticing various background boxes, but apparently they still find stuff like this.

8. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    Yeah, that blue droid is new to me, too.

9. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    It's probably unique to the so-called "SE".

10. BurlBird

BurlBird Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2009
    Actually, it is there in the original, unaltered 1977 edition. :) It doesn't look like something they'd put in CGI, you just need to look through Mos Eisley scenes frame-by-frame :)

11. MagicSpork

MagicSpork Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2004
    Is there anything in the Star Wars universe that DOESN'T have a name? It would be nice to know that there is something I can still call "that thingamabob" or somebody that will forever be known as "that dude with the green hair"...

12. BurlBird

BurlBird Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2009
    There are a couple of unnamed stormtroopers...possibly ::-B

13. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    50 years from now and new characters will still be found from Mos Eisley/Cantina.

14. BurlBird

BurlBird Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2009
    I think Cantina is covered pretty well, but the rest of Mos Eisley.... Does anyone know the "name" of the farmer-guy with a hat, who cruises the streets and is seen in several shots in the background? Sometimes he walks left and right in the same shot :)

15. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Sometimes he walks left and right in the same shot
    I didnt see that part. But in one shot, he clearly walks past the speeder going right at 44:17. Then it looks like the exact same guy passes the speeder going right again at 44:25, heh.
    In the shots previous to that, there was no one who looks like him walking behind him. So how he do that ? Teleportation ? :p

16. BurlBird

BurlBird Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2009
    Jan Luc Picard in disguise?? :D

17. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    You can thank EU for that...

18. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    WED-9-M1, also known as bantha droid, was a treadwell droid seen around Mos Eisley. Built out of spare parts by Jawas, it was owned by Ohwun and Chachi De Maals. All from Wookieepedia.

I'll let the person who gave the link take all the credit!

19. jedislayer5000

jedislayer5000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2010
    guessing it would be a custom made droid made form scrap from either the jawas or someone else with some expertise in droids.. it is after tatooine, not coruscant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.