Blue Jar Jar Cult, now with more cowbell! The Fan Fic Social Thread Shoots Lazers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The_Face, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. The_Face Ex-Manager

star 5
    Thanks continue to go to correllian_ale for compiling and streamlining the rules from social threads of the past.

PLEASE READ AND OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES CAREFULLY.

This thread will be run by the Fan Fiction moderators. Like all threads in Fanfic, all posts in the thread must be TOS compliant and any TOS violation (baiting, flaming, spamming, foul language etc.) WILL result in disciplinary action, i.e., a ban. Additionally, this thread will be moderated according to the rules set forth:

Social Thread Rules:

1. This social thread is part of the Fan Fiction Resource Board. It does not belong to any particular person or group of people. All users are welcome. As in the past, any concerns about the thread should be brought to the attention of ANY member of the moderating team.

2. This is a social thread not a chat room. IM style conversations, e.g., single word or short dependent comments, need to be moved to IM, PM, or an actual chat room. Conversations should be meant to encompass ALL users.

3. Back-to-back posts and spamming will not be tolerated. If the conversation dies down do not post simply to ?up? the thread. (i.e. ?This thread has died? or ?Where is everyone??) Additionally, using this thread to increase one?s post count is also discouraged. There are no prizes for big post counts.

4. If you snark, we ban. Keep personal feuds and unfriendly comments off the board. This includes negative opinions about the seasonal awards programs, other users, moderators, archivists, religion, social commentaries, or any other topic that might provoke snarking, or more importantly, hurt feelings. If you can?t say something nice, don?t say it. Keep in mind, putting tongue or ?just kidding? (or some other derivative) after a comment, is not an excuse for a comment normally considered snarky to be seen as being playful.

5. Fanfic-related or thread-specific discussions do not belong here. Steering the conversation in the direction of a specific fic is not allowed. Posts on specific fics will be viewed as ?pimping? and will be edited/deleted from the thread by a moderator. The user will receive one warning before further disciplinary action is taken, i.e., a short term ban. DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO TALK ABOUT YOUR FICs. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A PARTICULAR FIC, DO IT IN THE APPROPRIATE RESOURCE THREAD.

?But why not? This is a Fanfic Board isn?t it??

The logical rationale behind this rule is to ensure that this social thread is a welcome place for all users regardless of whose story threads they frequent. One of the chief criticisms about this thread in the past (and one of the primary reasons we are always hesitant to re-open it) has been that it has served as a private club for a small number of authors who used it to discuss their own fics and the fics of their friends. Use of the social thread as a ?fan club? is not in the best interests of this community and simply unfair to all of the other users. Please keep comments on specific fics to the story thread, an appropriate Resource thread or PM. We shouldn't have to be this specific, since the rules CLEARLY state that you aren't allowed to discuss your fic, direct readers to your fic, or make this thread about your writing in any way, but LINKING your fic is strictly forbidden and in fact far worse than just talking about your fic. There are other threads in which you can link your fic. Take the links there, please.

Please also remember that this is NOT the place to ask for a beta, talk about a work you might be beta reading, or to promise someone you'll get their piece right back to them. There is a PM system in place for such communications. It is also not the place to chat with your co-authors about a story you're currently collaberating on.

6. This is not a role playing thread. E-romance, e-bickering, etc? and the drama typically associated with such activities is not permitted in the context of this thread. Users wanting to engage in this sort of activity should do so via IM, PM or in an actual chat room.

7. The g
  2. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    All hail the Blue, Lazar Jar Jar!

Nathan, I love the new title. :D
  3. SithGirl132 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's back! This is perfect... what a great day. Moving in to school and now the Social Thread is back... and I love the title!
  4. The_Face Ex-Manager

star 5
    The title's a JC referencing play on another JC reference, which itself is a pun referencing a band. And with an SNL line phrased to form another (more tenuous) JC reference for extra measure.

Wrap your brain around that. :p
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Mwahaha! After two weeks, we finally have a place to waste our time during the day!

While we were gone, I moved rather suddenly to a new apartment and got a promotion at work!
  6. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    I think I can wrap my brain around at least some of it. :p

Nice, Ish. :D New apartment better?
  7. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *turns on a Blue Oyster Cult CD*

Hope you guys don't mind Agents of Fortune it's the only BOC CD I own.[face_laugh]

Ish - congrats on the promotion! How's the new apt?
  8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, the new apartment is great. The roommates are nice. I have my own room and bathroom. I'm living in the same apartment as my Fanforce Chapter Rep, so pranked her by putting my foot-high Palpatine PEZ dispenser in the fridge last night.

The promotion is amusing because they created a new position in the company, promoted me to it and now I barely do anything at all. See, I am the person in charge of email and chat support, but how much work I do is based on whether or not people notice that they can send in an email and get chat support. So at some times, I sit around and wait for 2 hours and still get paid for it.
  9. whiskers Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank goodness. For a while I was wondering if I had to go to school tomorrow without another fix of the social thread!

Hey, everyone! How'd the break treat you all?
  10. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Evening, everyone.

Everyone. "Jon!"

Allie. "Jonathan."

A new social thread, just in time for my new PC to finally seem to be working!

Ish, sounds like a great job. ;) How goes it, all?
  11. Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I. Gotta'. Fever...And the. Only thing that can cure it. Is. More. Cowbell.

And all hail the nod to the mighty Yod. ;)

Congrats on all the good happenings Ish.:)

12. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Yea! A new thread! I was going through withdrawal!! :p

Love the title... you can never have too much cow bell!! :D

Congrats on the promotion, Ish! That sounds awesome! When I worked customer service I wanted to work the e-mail and chat, unfortunately my project didn't have it. :( Nothing like getting paid to do nothing!! :)

13. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *Walks in laughing at the new thread's name*
  14. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    See, blue Jar-Jar invokes images of dead Jar-Jar, so everyone's happy. ;)
  15. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Awww...love that new thread smell with MORE COWBELL!!!
  16. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    hahaha! I've never posted in here, but that title is priceless. MORE COWBELL!!

(It even inspired a siggy change. :D)
  17. SithGirl132 Force Ghost

star 4
    Will more cowbell cure this cold that suddenly appeared at a most inopportune time?
  18. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Cowbells cure everything. ;)

Our jazz bands at school could use more cowbell. :p
  19. DarthBerryStraw Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_love] Lazer Jar Jar.

Cowbells remind me of my pastor's wife. I don't exactly know why, either. :p

I drove over one of the scariest mountain passes in the state this weekend, and I thought my car was going to explode. My dad took it to get repaired this past week, but that man is getting a phone call on Tuesday. :rolleyes: The speed limit is 70 mph, and I was barely pushing 45-50 while flooring it!

edit: I really need to go back to English class. :p
  20. silverfighter Force Ghost

star 4
    Blue Jar Jar!

I suppose now that the Olympics are over ((sob)) I can finally put on that icon. :D
  21. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    You can never have too much cowbell, can you? :D

That sounds creepy. Feeling like the car is going to explode? That's not a great feeling, especially when on a steep mountain pass.

I can't believe that the Olympics are over already; I didn't watch a whole lot of it. :(
  22. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I still can't change my icon. *sigh*
  23. DarthBerryStraw Force Ghost

star 4
    It's definitely not a fun feeling. :( All the warning lights were flashing and dinging announcements blaring. I guess I can be thankful the interstate was really damaged this winter, so I could hardly hear the noises over the concrete roar. [face_laugh]
  24. silversock Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jeez. I would have rather pulled over and walked. :p I've never had that experience (fortunately), but I have found out that my dad's car had something wrong with it for awhile (which would have explained the smell of gas) and could have randomly blown up at any time, and then our car had two rubbed wires or something like that in the gas tank. Which could have blown us up too. I didn't know it at the time, lol. Do you know what's wrong with your car, though, Berry?
  25. DarthBerryStraw Force Ghost

star 4
    What's wrong with it? Everything. :p

Actually, this has been an ongoing problem for 2 1/2 years now. Little by little the poor thing has fallen apart. It's taken a turn for the worse as soon as I started driving it. :oops:
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.