main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blue Jar Jar Cult, now with more cowbell! The Fan Fic Social Thread Shoots Lazers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The_Face, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I wish we would just go to permanent (year-round) DST.

In other news:

According to the header, it appears we finally have a date for the move: Wednesday, March 21. Yippee!

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Popping in to say, I still continue to come and read on the spar moments that I have I may post something soon.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Welcome back, Noelie.

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
  5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Things are slow here on the boards.
    Hardly anyone writes longer fics.
    I see majority of fics being vig L/Ms in beyond.
    And Also here on this social board, so slow. zzzz.

6. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Well, dodged a tornado last night. Really bad storms all throughout western Texas and Oklahoma, though thankfully the actual tornado-spawning ones stayed south of here. At least we have a building anchored down as a storm shelter, and apparently it's been tested and proven to survive violent tornadoes. I'd rather we not test it, especially since I'm working nights when you can't see anything coming. And I'm living in a FEMA trailer. There is nothing at all wrong with this plan.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yikes! Ditch Texas and that FEMA trailer and come up here to Pennsylvania where it's safe!

Rain just made its way into my area, so it's drizzling. They're even calling for thunder showers. And earlier, I found a tick in my hair. Spring is here.

As for no one writing longer fics... Well, perhaps we are all simply busy. The only thing I'm working on are my two diary challenges, with a story that ground to a screeching halt leftover from NaNo. Perhaps why people aren't writing longer fics is because their muse decided to get finicky. It happens.

It may also be because the boards will be moving very soon. As in, within a couple days. No sense in starting a long fic until after everything is all said and done.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I've got a completed manuscript I'm trying to publish, an uncompleted manuscript that a publisher wants to see, which means I have to have a flawless 50-page excerpt to send off to him. I'm trying to write at all when I've got a mind-jarring job and tons of church commitments plus a trip to Ireland in 6 days. My epics will be resumed when the boards are up again.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    *pops back in for the final day on the old JC boards*

[Obi-wan]Hello![/Obi-wan]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.