main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blue Jar Jar Cult, now with more cowbell! The Fan Fic Social Thread Shoots Lazers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The_Face, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    My favorite was the one where Seth and Summer were trapped in that sinking mansion with the murderous butler.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hello all!
    I spent four hours today going over HIPPA, universal precautions, fire safety and how to deescalate patient violence. YAY. [face_plain]

Sometimes I love writing OC's and sometimes I'm so paranoid I'm going to write a Mary Sue that it takes all the fun out of it.

3. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    I spent all of yesterday, doing similar things- being bored to death on standards, learner outcomes, blah blah... [face_plain] Yay.

Oh, just ask Ish about my paranoia of having a Mary Sue... or, right now, a Gary Stu :p

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I know all my OCs start out as Mary/Gary so I don't worry. :p
    But I like to have my boys beta-read by a guy...

5. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    Here is a question. Do you find that you are wanting to reveal all the details of your OC right at once maybe because it is vig or a drabble, or do you prefer to have the character develop as the story goes on so that your audience is more captivated? I have a huge story going with mainly OC's and I am struggling with character progression since I want the story to move and yet I want people to like the characters. Then I get distracted by challenges I read and go OH i have an idea for that and then by the time I get back to my big story I have to spend an hour getting back into writers frame of mind.

6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I like reading OC fics, but when it comes to writing, I prefer canon characters.

Fighter jets and other planes are starting to come into town for our annual airshow, which is tomorrow. So far I've seen an F-15 Eagle and 2 CF-18 Hornets. The fighters are my favorites, so I'm excited about that! :D

How's everyone else tonight?

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can someone please correct the spelling mistake in the title? 'Laser' is spelt 'laser' and can't be spelt 'lazer' as it is an acronym that stands for 'Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation', unless you mean Lazer, Hautes-Alpes, a commune in France or the Panther Lazer, a sports car produced by Panther Westwinds in 1974.

Thanks. :)

8. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Wowzers. Was wondering when we were gonna get a Social Thread back. And I missed the beginning because of mah exams, bugga.

Anyway, hi everyone who is here! In class, must dash!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

9. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Ah, the HIPPA policies... I had to sit through those back at the beginning of the summer. My personal favorite was in animal safety: "what to do if you get bit by a lab monkey." o_O

I'm so glad I never had to work with any lab animals.

As for fanfic, I've never written an OC. I like the canon characters. :)

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Evening, everyone.

Everyone. "Jon!"

Allie. "Jonathan."

How goes it, all? My DWB is clearing up a bit, which is good, I think. :) I also had a good day at work today, too.

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I just went and got myself significantly depressed for a significantly depressing section of a fic. :rolleyes:

But now I've listened to some very upbeat latin-american music, I'm much better. :p

12. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    For some reason, music that should be depressing is actually some of the best writing music I have. I've been playing with Pandora and now DWB is vanquished and my Muse is back. I really like that word, vanquished...

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Honey, I'm writing terrorism, a nearly-failed rescue attempt and a miscarriage into one post. I'm not saying which fic, but you don't know depressing yet!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    If it's a Teletubbies fanfic, then I just might be impressed.

EDIT: Has anyone here ever actually watched Sapphire and Steel?

15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I got out of the sock, just to reply, and now I have no idea WHAT I was gonna say... Evening, all. :)

Let's see... I don't exactly have writer's block, but... muse took a really little vacation and promised to send ideas by messenger?

16. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    There is no such thing as mistakes. Only purposeful violations of the rules.

:p

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm finally getting somewhere with settling down my combined major course madness! [face_dancing] Hopefully I'll get it sorted out before school starts. :p

Ish, I think I have a feeling that I know which one you're referring to. :p [face_shhh] Sadly, it can't be that Teletubbie one, I'm sure. ;)

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Teletubbies... after the apocalypse!

Ah, nothing like listening to the Sailor Moon soundtrack and writing. :)

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Nothing like a good cup of tea, a set of Chopin nocturnes and writing. :p

*leaves to make a cup of tea*

20. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Plus the "lazer" spelling does have some precedent, one example being the game Lazer Tag.

The first Teletubbies fic I ever read, before the show even debuted in the US, was one in which they defeated an invading force of Daleks.

21. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    HAHAHA! I've been away for a while. I just saw this.
    Nice title choice, Face :cool:

I spelled it wrong first :p
    Regardless, your knowledge of classic sports cars is astounding.

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    For some reason that reminds me of the episode in the third series of New Who where the Master is sitting at his Prime Minister's desk watching Teletubbies on a laptop and makes some comment about the creativity of the human race (if I'm remembering correctly). [face_laugh]

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I know how to get rid of Daleks!

*Tosses a sheet over them and then pushes them down a set of stairs*

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Even if they're Trendy Urban Daleks? :p Their clients might object... or maybe not. ;)

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/Daleks.jpg]

(I think I've probably posted that one before).

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    All Daleks, Idrelle. I laugh at Daleks-literally. You know I can't take those salt shakers seriously. :p

Off for the night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.