main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blue Leader from ANH

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthmace7, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    I haven't ever seen the character blue leader in the movies. Maybe I overlooked him. In the novelization of ANH, however, he tells Luke that he met his father when he was very young and that he knew how great a fighter pilot he was. Have I just missed something in the movies? (I haven't watched them in a long time) Who is this guy?

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Oh, I see the edit. Yeah, like someone said below, I think he became red leader in the movie.

3. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Sorry. Hit the enter key wrong.

4. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Good question, darthmace7. This is a from a scene that originally shot, but was then not used. Basically Blue Leader is Red Leader.

SBC

5. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Unless I missed something in the movies, this is probably just a never to be filled plothole that never made the movie. Does anyone know about this?

6. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    In early drafts of the script, Red Squadron (and therefore Red Leader, Red Five, etc.) was Blue Squadron. Blue was changed to Red in the final script but kept in the novelization, I guess because it was already being written or something. (I'm not sure why they didn't change it for the book.)

7. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    "Blue Leader" from the novelization is "Red Leader" in the film.

Similarly, Luke's "Blue 5" callsign in the book is now "Red 5"; Biggs's "Blue 3" callsign is now "Red 3"; and...you get the idea.

Additionally, the Y-wing squadron ("Gold Squadron") in the film is "Red Squadron" in the novel. Adjust the callsigns accordingly.

8. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    You can check out some stuff on the cut parts at this link.

red/blue leader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.