main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blue versus Blue Duel

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by E CHU TA!, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
  2. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    The color changing sabers thing is just to represent the fact that Anakin goes from Jedi to Sith. It is for role playing and for children. If electronic lightsabers are cannon we are in trouble! I guess Mace is going to use a purple bladed bastardized maul saber in ROTS (I guess he must have used it in AOTC as well.....my eyes must have decieved me). And I guess Orange sabers are cannon now as well since they had orange electronic lightsabers after AOTC.

Edit:
    " It won't be in the duel which is where his saber changes colors"

I'm not saying it will be. You were saying that Vader doesn't have his saber on his belt. I assumed you were trying to say he doesn't use have it in the movie.

3. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    It won't be in the duel which is where his saber changes colors.
    Thus the new electronic Anakin saber with changing color effects.

I disagree. The toys are for marketing purposes only and to attract kids into buy them because it's something new and exciting and something a toy lightsaber has never done before.

4. -Master_Yoda-

-Master_Yoda- Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2005
    Damn the spoiler poster with red-sabred Anakin...

I'll be really disappointed if Anakin has a red one. I just think it would be a cheesey 'let's please the fanboys' touch. It is not needed.

I also agree with the guy who said it would be too monochrome. Apart from the fact most of the background will be red and orange, I think what makes this duel so unique is that it is between two jedi. Seeing to people at it with lightsabres of the same colour is a better touch, in my opinion

5. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I think what makes this duel so unique is that it is between two jedi.

Uh, this isn't unique. Remeber that guy Count Dooku? Yeah, he was a former jedi. Why aren't people complaining that he didn't use a blue or green saber in Episode 2 or 3? Anakin is in no way a jedi when the duel begins. He's a former jedi, just as Dooku was.

6. gnamnito_blackbird

gnamnito_blackbird Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2005
    Anakin's saber HAS TO BE blue. OB1 recovers this saber after Anakin perishes, It is the saber he gives to Luke in ANH. That saber is blue.

7. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Darth Vader fights with a red saber.

Think climax of the saga here, guys.

8. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    I guess Mace is going to use a purple bladed bastardized maul saber in ROTS (I guess he must have used it in AOTC as well.....my eyes must have decieved me).[/b]

Actually your eyes did deceive you. That wasn't an electronic saber and it also never said Mace Windu's saber on the package. Check again

And I guess Orange sabers are cannon now as well since they had orange electronic lightsabers after AOTC.

There weren't orange electronic sabers sold for AOTC. At least get your facts straight before posting fact.

9. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Actually your eyes did deceive you. That wasn't an electronic saber and it also never said Mace Windu's saber on the package. Check again

Maybe you should check again.

There weren't orange electronic sabers sold for AOTC. At least get your facts straight before posting fact.

Helmet, you should get your facts strait. I bought an electronic ORANGE lightsaber from AOTC.

10. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    I wouldn't be surprised if Anakin whips out the good-ol' red one during the duel.

11. Lord-Baine

Lord-Baine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    I?m not saying this will happen, BUT!.....

I?m not sure if anyone has confirmed what happens to Dooku?s light saber after his duel with Skywalker, but what if Anakin kept the weapon. Later in the movie Anakin could have dismantled it, and then held the red crystal (that was a part of the Sith?s weapon) and stared at it, in deep thought.

When Kenobi and Skywalker duel at the end of the movie, the fight starts blue versus blue. Towards the final act of the conflict Kenobi desperately tries his best to bring Skywalker back to the side of good. Finally Skywalker in his last show of betrayal switches the crystal in his light saber, from blue to red to reveal his final step into the dark side.

I?ve heard worse??

Baine of existence

12. Maleficentogre

Maleficentogre Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2005
    not the worst theory I've ever heard, but its up there.

13. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I'd rather have a Sidious saber instead of Dooku's saber.

14. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    A link to another better pic of the Anakin action figure with a RED saber:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3511&text=&imageid=12939&box=&shownew=

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Interesting. So, now you change hands instead of putting a Lightsaber or a blaster there.

16. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    That is just weird. What is that figure portraying? It comes with two hands, two three hilts and two blades. Is one of them supposed to be Dooku's saber?

17. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    Check out the cover of the ROTS video game:

[image=http://img102.exs.cx/img102/629/adams9z9t7sj.jpg]

18. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    That's also got Anakin holding a red saber while frying Mace. Wouldn't put too much stock in it.

19. KFAnnie

KFAnnie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm very glad to see a move beyond the silly necessity for Anakin to have a blue saber because he's still a "jedi". For the longest time, that?s what most of you blue on bluer's were arguing. That there was no way he could be Sith, there just wasn?t time, and my favorite, that up until the end of the duel and when he's inside that suit, he's just a troubled Jedi.

Im very, very glad to see a move away from such nonsense, even if it did take spoiler after spoiler to make you squeal a little differently.

now of course, it doesn?t even matter what color anakin's saber is at this moment. No matter how undeniably 'cinematic? or climatic it would look, it doesn?t even matter in terms of story. Hell, it may not even be practical for him to obtain a red saber before this big blow out. What matters are his loyalties, which are now fully given to Palpatine. This isn?t the duel of the fates- Anakin chose and now he's got to accept the outcome. There is no turning back, and the only party in the duel who doesn?t know that wholly is Obi-Wan. It?ll make it infinitely more tragic when he does realize that he cant help his best friend (I?ll just assume he's his best friend. these movies have made sure that?s forever in question too), but he'll have to kill him.

Blue on Blue. Red on Blue. Blue on Blue then Blue on Red. Blue on Blue then Blue on Red with a splash of pink, purple, green, black and clear. It doesn?t matter anymore. If there's one thing Lucas got right with these movies, its that he's a Sith at the time of this battle.

20. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    I gotta question for Lucasfilm, why so many promotions with Anakin with a red lightsaber?

21. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    D_Lowe posted on 2/28/05 12:41pm
    I gotta question for Lucasfilm, why so many promotions with Anakin with a red lightsaber?
    [hr][/blockquote]

I've seen one. What sites are you looking at?

22. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Bob, it's the pics posted on this site alone. Countless posters with Anakin with a red lightsaber.

23. -Master_Yoda-

-Master_Yoda- Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2005
    ^^^
    It's for marketing purposes only - it gets everyone going with a bit of hype. Remember how shocked everyone was in 1983, when Luke ignited a green lightsabre rather than the blue on on the film poster.

Anakin will not have time to make a red lightsabre, and I think it will be REALLY cheesey if he whips one out in the duel on Mustafar, especially after the footage we've seen.

I'm guessing that the two of them in the teaser trailer (blue v. blue) is near Anakin's bath moment, since they start of inside. I would have thought that was too near the end of the duel, although this point is purely theoretical.

24. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    It's for marketing purposes only - it gets everyone going with a bit of hype. Remember how shocked everyone was in 1983, when Luke ignited a green lightsabre rather than the blue on on the film poster.

I point you to the Art of ROTS cover, which shows RED vs BLUE. Every Art of SW book cover has ended up in the final film (in Art of AOTC, the clonetroopers shoot BLUE lasers, as they do in the final film).

Anakin will not have time to make a red lightsabre, and I think it will be REALLY cheesey if he whips one out in the duel on Mustafar, especially after the footage we've seen.

The fact that we see in the teaser Obi-Wan holding Anakin's blue saber is a very good indicator that Ankain will whip out a red saber in the duel.

25. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Is it possible that the scene with Palpitine saying to Anakin...

"Learn to know the Dark Side of the Force."

...could involve him giving the red saber (pre-made) to Anakin just beforehand. Then, Anakin leaves with the intent of doing the right thing by telling Mace, but he cannot forget the words about eternal life.

This is kind of like Obi-Wan giving Luke the blue saber and the dialogue going like this...

Luke: How am I gonna explain this?

Obi-Wan: Learn about the Force, Luke."

Then, Luke leaves with the intent of doing the wrong thing by just going back to the status quo of his farm life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.