main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blue versus Blue Duel

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by E CHU TA!, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I'm gonna go by what happens in the film...not box art.

Box art doesn't mean a thing.

2. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I'm gonna go by what happens in the film

Nice statement. WE ALL ARE. But since none of us know what's going to happen, we try and bring in evidence to support on-going discussions.

Get it?

3. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    Obi-Wan gets Anakin's saber very early in the fight, when they're on the table in the conference room. We have several photos that support this. Since we know Anakin uses a blue lightsaber for much of the fight, he either gets his own back, or uses Obi-Wan's. Either way, just the fact that Obi-Wan has Anakin's lightsaber is NOT proof that Anakin uses a RED lightsaber in the duel.

4. EvilSkillZ

EvilSkillZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Holocron-

Good points man. The great thing is, this is still open for debate. There is still a chance of a red saber for Anakin. And oh boy that would put the duel on another level if done right.

Just imagine the epic nature of this movie.

5. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    That boxart clearly shows Anakin with his Vader saber and Obi-Wan with Anakin/Luke's saber.

Add two and two together.

Firstly, Anakin is NOT holding his Vader saber. There are slight differences and it is a saber I have never seen before. Secondly, Obiwan isn't holding Anakin's saber. There are differences as well. Thirdly, Anakin is shooting lightning on that boxart which is something that we have been told will NOT happen in the movie. It's ironic that someone here put up a highres pic of the boxart for the purpose of proving Red vs Blue when in detail they are not Vader's or Anakin's/Luke's sabers at all. Post an even higher resolution of the boxart and it will further prove the point that this boxart is just what it is. Art on a box and nothing more.

Seeing that there is a MAJOR discrepency (Anakin's lightning) on the boxart already, not to mention that Obiwan and Anakin are holding sabers that have never been seen before, it is impossible to use this boxart as evidence at all. We don't know what is truth and what is fictional. It's like having a witness give a testimony at a trial and tell the court that he will tell the truth 80% of the time and make stuff up 20% of the time. If that happened, then ALL the witnesses statements would be thrown out because you never could be certain about what was true and what were lies. The boxart CAN NOT be used as evidence in this debate. Period.

...And Josh said that the majority of Frito Lay's marketting campagne was red vs blue as well. Ask yourself this: Is it red vs blue because Frito Lay(and Xbox) wanted to be 100% accurate or is it because it makes a stronger statement artistically and will catch your eye? I've been in this debate since page 1 and I have YET to come accross a piece of evidence to support Red vs Blue that has nothing to do with artistic decisions and marketting. We've scrutinized EVERYTHING from photo's to webdocs. If there was to be a red saber in the duel, we would have seen something of it by now. We've seen TONS of shots of Palpatine's brand spanking new red saber and yet we're to believe that LFL is hiding a Red vs Blue duel like it's a greater secret than "I am your father". Red vs Blue is nothing but a fanboyish dream and there is no evidence for it at all.

6. CloudofSulfur

CloudofSulfur Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I don't even care anymore, all of this fuss over what color the guys' lightsabers are gonna be is just stupid!! When the film comes out in May, we'll all know, but for now, just wait patientely...

7. Devilanse

May 11, 2002
    Nice statement. WE ALL ARE. But since none of us know what's going to happen, we try and bring in evidence to support on-going discussions.

Get it?

Box art is hardly evidence.

Get it?

8. Womprat62

Womprat62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    it looks like about 2:05 in the trailer that anikan is using a a red saber

EDIT typo

9. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    it looks like about 2:05 in the trailer that anikan is using a a red saber

Just saw a screencap of the pic. It's still unclear, but it looks red vs blue to me.

I guess we'll find out this Thursday!

10. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Box art is hardly evidence.

Get it?

No but when you find out Thursday that he does use a red saber during the duel you will certainly get it.

11. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

I cannot even believe that people still come to this thread and argue. :rolleyes:

12. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Blue vs Blue
    then Blue vs Red

I've been saying it since the beginning.

13. screamster

screamster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2004
    Man... Didn't I clear this up already???

His saber has a red crystal in it. When he flicks the switch, it goes red. From blue to red.

Remember, Anakin mods EVERYTHING he gets his hands on. Including limbs. (Ooops! Did I say that out loud??!?!?)

Want proof? It's on the net. Have fun finding it.

14. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    Want proof? It's on the net. Have fun finding it.

You mean Anakin's lightsaber toy that can change colors?

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    What purpose would it physically serve if it could switch colors? He modifies things to make them better. A red lightsaber is as effective as a blue or purple lightsaber.

16. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    Well it's not canon, but the EU (SW Insider if I'm not mistaken) I believe says that since red crystals are artifically created, they create a more powerful lightsaber blade than a blue or green crystal.

17. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    [image=http://www.vsavt.org/yae/Art%20Gallery/kaleidoscope.JPG]
    "That saber is RED!"

18. Devilanse

May 11, 2002
    No but when you find out Thursday that he does use a red saber during the duel you will certainly get it.

You obviously don't get it.

19. Womprat62

Womprat62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    at first i thought there was no chance of a yoda sid. duel and i was wrong. The i thought there was no chance of anikan using a red saber. I hope im wrong about that too

20. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Guys, I was told by an inside source that the duel is ONLY blue vs. blue. No red.

21. Vrolokus

Vrolokus Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    People are still hoping against hope for a red vs. blue duel?

People really think that even though every single other bit of the film has been leaked, somehow Lucasfilm maged to keep that one, mostly insignificant detail hidden from us to this very day?

Sad.

22. Darth_Ashraak

Darth_Ashraak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    How come people are still arguing? It's blue vs. blue.

Ep.1 & 2 - Obi-wan uses blue saber.

Ep.2 Anakin uses blue saber.

Ep.4 Obi-wan has a blue saber.
    Obi-wan gives Luke a BLUE lightsaber saying
    it was his father's (anakin's). You don't have to be a rocket scintist to figure it out.But for the slow ones who participate in the special olympics

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/me3/2.html

the link above is the making of epi 3 #2:1 World,2 Movies from 00:50 to 1:11 and will show that Anakin's saber will fall and will be picked up by Obi-wan and gien to Luke. Also Obi-wan's saber will change from epi 1&2 to what Alec Guiness had in Epi 4.

Think before you type.

and btw anakin is NOT vader until he has been resurrected.

"After the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin conflict, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Bail Organa and Padme are traveling on the Tantive 4: Blockade Runner for Alderaan. However, an emergency stop on a new world has to be made when Padme becomes gravely ill. The Skywalker twins are removed from Padme. Subsequently, Padme does die after giving birth to the Skywalker twins. Elsewhere, Anakin heals inside mechanical armor. Anakin regains consciousness, awakens in his black Darth Vader armor and is told that he is responsible for Padme?s death. Anakin is so distraught that he destroys the room he is in with the Force. Anakin is also upset at finding out that he has become more machine than man as a result of his duel with Obi-Wan. In his anger, Anakin Force chokes many people and uses the Force to throw droids around the room. Next, Palpatine gives Anakin the moniker of Lord Darth Vader."

23. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    and btw anakin is NOT vader until he has been resurrected.

Ummm....I thought we have since learned that Obi Wan sees a hologram of the Jedi slaughter and Sidious 'knighting' Anakin as Vader, telling him to "Riiiise."

Oh, and I always figured a second saber (red) would come into play - Anakin maybe keeping it up his sleeve. But, that's looking more and more debunked as I see images from the film. So, I'm on board with the blue vs blue.

24. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    People really think that even though every single other bit of the film has been leaked, somehow Lucasfilm maged to keep that one, mostly insignificant detail hidden from us to this very day?

Ok then...you tell us what happens at the end of The Duel, since nothing is a secret.

25. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Exactly!! Since when has every bit of the film been leaked? Did I fall asleep for 3 weeks and 4 days and it's suddenly April 2nd?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.