Blue versus Blue Duel

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by E CHU TA!, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwtgbw Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dude, sorry, but it's gonna be blue vs blue. You're about to be owned.
  2. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hate it when that happens. By the way, you can hide you computer geekness by refraining from saying owned.

3. JediPrettyBoy Jedi Master

star 4
    OBI VS. ANAKIN

BLUE VS. BLUE, FIRST

DOUBLE BLUE VS. RED, SECOND
  4. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    and btw anakin is NOT vader until he has been resurrected

Not true. Pablo said that was Hayden's voice, altered to sound like James Earl Jones. It was before Anakin wears the suit. That was the only thing made up for the trailer. The dialouge is from earlier in the film.
  5. green-boy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm still for blue vs blue ALL the fight.
  6. DarthScubbles Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm all for sands of time vs magenta.

8. DarthAntonio Jedi Youngling

Blue v.s Blue, didn't sound good to me, but when i seen a pic of it, i thought it was amazing!
  9. Vrolokus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Uh, pretty much the entire film has leaked. We've heard at least general info about every single part of the movie. The only things we don't know are minor little tidbits, like does Anakin lose this arm or that leg, or both, or what exactly does Grievous look like under the mask, or will we see Qui-Gon, or hear his voice, or none of the above?

But my point stands: even if we don't know specifics, we have the broad strokes. I think it's absurd to believe somehow something like Anakin using a red saber has escaped leakage... when every official and unofficial (but reliable) spoiler source says it's blue versus blue.

We know Qui-Gon becomes Yoda and Obi-Wan's master, but we don't know about the color of Anakin's saber?

We know Anakin was expecting a girl, but we don't know the color of his saber?

We know Obi and Anakin are on floating platforms at one point, and swinging on cables at another during the duel, but we don't know the color of Anakin's saber?

We have a picture of Sidious with a saber. WE HAVE A PICTURE OF PADME DYING! But Lucasfilm has kept all red saber knowledge safely under lock and key?

Sad. Really sad.
  10. Darth_MaulRat35 Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm posting in this thread, I'm posting in this thread. I can't believe I'm posting in this thread.

Blue vs Blue will add depth and drama to the duel in ANH. Vader's red saber ignites so slowly. It would have so much more effect if that was the first time we saw Vader with a red lightsaber.

DMR35 - Doin' it...
  11. BothofUs Jedi Master

star 4
    But my point stands: even if we don't know specifics, we have the broad strokes. I think it's absurd to believe somehow something like Anakin using a red saber has escaped leakage... when every official and unofficial (but reliable) spoiler source says it's blue versus blue.

This is going to be the climax of the SAGA. If LFL wants to truely keep this a secret, they definately can. My question still stands. If the end of The Duel is so well-known, then please, please tell me what happens because me and a lot of people are dying to know.

Please stop acting like you know what happens, because you don't. Show me a picture of Anakin dueling directly next to a pool of lava with a blue saber and I may finally believe that there is no red saber at the end of The Duel. Show me a picture of Anakin with a limb cut off while still holding that blue saber and I may finally believe that there is no red saber.

when every official and unofficial (but reliable) spoiler source says it's blue versus blue.

Uhh, show me where an insider describes the end of the duel. PLease show me.
  12. qui-gon-kim Jedi Master

star 4
    We have a picture of Sidious with a saber. WE HAVE A PICTURE OF PADME DYING! But Lucasfilm has kept all red saber knowledge safely under lock and key?

And yet we don't have a single pic of Anakin Force choking Padme! Everybody seems to accept that it's gonna happen, but there's not a single pic (pics of Padme dying/dead DO NOT count. It doesn't show Anakin harming Padme, she could have died from childbirth from all we know)

I strongly believe that Anakin WILL wield a red saber. There's just too much circumstancial evidence (The Art of ROTS cover, the Anakin action figure, Anakin's color changing lightsaber toy, video game box). If it truly was blue vs blue only, we would not see this. The merchandising would be all blue vs blue.
  13. DarthAntonio Jedi Youngling

I think it's blue v.s blue because, Anakin hasn't become fully darkside yet, what dya think?
  14. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He's Vader well before the duel.

15. E CHU TA! Jedi Master

star 4
    I like. ;)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/brian_stic/ROTSPosterBvB.jpg]
  16. JediLight Force Ghost

star 4
    Give a point to the Blue vs Blue team. I was hoping to see Red in the trailer.
  17. E CHU TA! Jedi Master

star 4
    Motee posted on 03/12/05 at http://www.millenniumfalcon.com

Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber. He lifts his own as well and weighs them in his hands. Anakin had based his design upon Obi-Wan's and thus they appear very similar.
    />
    />
  18. Jaster Mereel Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Will Anakin fall down that elevator shaft?

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/Kamikaze_Koyote/Anakin_fall_shaft.jpg]

***Tune In Tomorrow For The Answer***
  19. Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Just read Motee's duel reports and I'm still trying to figure out when Anakin/Vader whips out the red lightsaber. Is it AFTER he's missing three limbs and on fire? :confused:

;)

20. BothofUs Jedi Master

star 4
    I am still munching on my humble pie, H_C.

I feel defeated.
  21. Darth_Head Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, I'm eating some humble pie on this issue as well. It's blue vs. blue all the way through.

But in the end, I'm glad I was able to serve H_C a HEAPING serving of "no Sith 'till suit" pie. :p
  22. Vrolokus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Personally (though there was never any doubt in my mind anyway), I think the one-two punch of the latest end of the duel spoilers plus the text from the visual dictionary settles this debate, finally.

"Thank god!" I might add.
  23. Kamikrazy Jedi Knight

star 2
    From an aesthetic design standpoint having a red saber on a red (lava) background does not make sense. It would blend in too easily. Confirmed anyway, I don't know why I'm even here.
  24. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Well, the recent graphic novel scans seem to confirm that Anakin is indeed still using his blue saber the time of his defeat. Guess that theory is put to rest.
  25. Devilanse Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok....I've been saving this...here goes....

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!

[face_mischief]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.