main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blue vs. Blue, Hidden Meaning?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Rogue_Jedi132, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I think maybe Lucas was getting on the Blue on Blue lightsaber duel showing anakin still at war with himself.

I thought diffrent colors mean diffrent classes? but i dont know where maces fits in there.

2. schmoogana

schmoogana Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Two blues -- Blue's clues?

[image=http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/cartoons/blue/s-blue.gif]

3. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I did remember reading somewhere that only Padawans usually had orange or yellow lightsabers.

4. Skele

Skele Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    i think the hidden meaning that lucas was trying to get across was that Anakin had notyet made a sith light saber. Simple. How stupid to have a discussion on an irrevalant topic

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    As said before, the hidden meaning is that it's brother versus brother. Friend against friend. Anakin vs Obi-wan. Yoda versus Sidious is the battle between Jedi and Sith. The Grand Master of the Jedi Order vs the Dark Lord of the Sith. Take a look at the arenas. Yoda and Sidious fight in the Senate rotunda. It symbolizes the end of democracy, as the two Masters battle for the fate of the Republic turned Empire. Anakin and Obi-wan fight on the volcanic world of Mustafar. Which is in essence, hell itself. A battle into the bowels of hell.

6. STF

STF Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm just saying I have no problem with people analyzing the movies this way.

ETA: It's in response to the "quit trying to read so much into things" and "this is an irrelevant topic" attitude. There can be multiple levels of symbolism in the blue vs blue saber battle or none at all. There's nothing wrong with people discussing their take on it as the initial poster did. That's what I was trying to get across.

7. Jedi_Novula

Jedi_Novula Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    Okay, I've been reading, "Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers". It's very good, and it explains the creation of a lightsaber. Basically, the crystals that get put into the lightsaber are what give it it's color. So it's simple: Anakin got a blue crystal and Obiwan got a blue crystal. The color can also change with how you shape it. This way a Jedi can personalize his or her crystal, and it will glow a certain color.

8. vanameen

vanameen Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm going with the notion that his saber is all that he had at the time. He went from the office to the temple to padme and to mustafar. These scenes took place so close together. It wasn't like this took place with in a week. I also think he didn't have time to go and get another one because the one he had was the wrong color. Just a thought.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    During the era of the prequels, most Jedi went to the Temple on Ilum to construct their Lightsabers. The vast majority of the crystals there were blue and green. Those who didn't took theirs from other crystal types, such as Coursca gems. Jedi who had different colors in TPM had to use crystals from Ilum, to replace the sabers lost leading into and during the Clone Wars. Jedi who had other colors besides blue and green, retained theirs. Such as Neeja Halcyon and Callistina. Mace Windu had built a new saber sometime prior to AOTC, with a purple crystal given to him on a mission.

10. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Even if Anakin had killed Obi-Wan or gotten the time to construct a new lightsaber I doubt he'd have cared and stuck with the blue one.

I think that after seeing off so many Jedi he'd wanna stick with his old saber for memory sake.

I know Dooku made a red one but that was probably one of his Sith trials, but Anakin had taken many Sith trials so he wouldn't need to make a red one.

Even at the time he'd come up against Sidious (if he killed Obi-Wan) or escaped I doubt Sidious would be handing out orders as the time would come to kill Sidious

11. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.