main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Blue's Fan Art - Updated 28/06/10 Updates In Index!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Blue_but_beautiful, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Cozmic :) Glad you like the work, did you show any of your stuff there on any of the days? Will you be doing so in the future?

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    No I didn't have any of my work on show at CE, I've only started to do my own fan art after being inspired by all the great work that was on the Fan Force stand.
    I do hope to have any future pieces shown at other events :D

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like the new Boba Fett WIP! =D= It's got that wonderful classic "Boba Fett" look to him, and the detailing so far looks great! Can't wait to see this one progress! :D

FF

4. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Cool stuff Cozmic, can't wait to see what you have to show! I did bear witness to the lovely photo you guys took while you were off buying your Lukes though :D

Thanks Falcon Fan! always appreciate your positive input :) I have just this moment finished a new Boba Fett sketch in graphite - want to keep those skills sharpened too lol - but will still be working on this one too.
    It's funny you mention him looking a bit old style fett, I just sketched it more from memory than anything else, the old/new style thing was completely unintentional lol, but I won't tell if you won't...oops. [face_laugh]

5. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Aye, that was a laugh :p

Can't wait to see you Boba, when it's finished [face_peace]

6. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Not the upload you were expecting, but it's still Boba Fett, I couldn't resist sketching him in profile and in graphite too!
    This took about 40mins over the course of a day. Enjoy! :)
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Boba-Fett-Profile-62805798

coloured pic of Fett coming ASAP - or perhaps that should be, as soon as I get time with the tablet? :p

7. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Really liking the Boba Fett work (I may be slightly bias seeming as he's my fav character though ;) ).
    The graphite piece is excellent and works very, very well. It's helped create a great atmosphere which is very apt for Boba :D

8. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Ooooo loving the graphite Fett :D

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Cozmic and Tice ! Boba Fett is one of my faves too, who can't like Boba? Well - if your name is not Han Solo ;)
    I should hopefully get some time to colour the line art when i've finished with the next chapter of my fics this week :D It's all go here at the moment lol. Thanks for stopping by! :)

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    A most excellent profile portrait of Boba Fett! :D Love the contrasts, and the realism in it (including all the dents and scuffs and scrapes!)! It's a bit of a departure from your more stylized work--I like it a lot! =D=

FF

11. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thank you Falcon Fan [:D] glad it turned out as it did, I admit to darkening the tone a bit after scanning it though - just can't get those pencils dark enough even at 9B, I might try mixing in a heavy watercolour pencil at some point.

I have begun work on the other Boba Fett Picture, that should be up in the not so distant futre as i've aquired myself a sketching job to keep me busy :)

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Upping, while Blue is offline. She deserves a few more people looking at her artwork, anyway [:D]

13. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Aww Thanks muchly Spike! [:D] Always good to see faces around here, be they new or old :)
    I will not be back online properly until 12th Oct, and I go away on the 13th for 8 days. Hopefully I will have use of the laptop while i'm stuck in the middle of nowhere because I have quite a few new arts to upload. I'm working on a couple of Yuuzhan Vong pieces (including Onimi) and I have finished that Boba Fett sketch too.

In the meanwhile, this dodgy 'thing' i'm using to get online is my only means of communication - it's somewhat unnerving [face_worried] lol.

14. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I'm still somewhat un-connected to the web at home, but I managed to bring some files ive been working on with me today. Here are some WIP's :)

http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Onimi-Line-Art-67203016 -Onimi Line Art

http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Elan-and-Vergere-Line-Art-67203301 -Elan and Vergere Line Art

There is also a quick preview of the colour-job i'm doing on Onimi in my DA scraps if anyone is interested :)
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Onimi-WIP-67203102

As with all things, PLEASE FULL VIEW! :D or I will eat you :p

15. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I already told you those are awesome, but I'm going to tell you again. Those are awesome! :D

I really like how Onimi is turning out. any ideas for the background yet?

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Heya, I wondered if you were over here too :D !
    And thanks very much again! [:D] I actually intended Onimi to go with the Shimrra Picture I did for Celebration Europe, but only just managed to finish Shimrra in time, alas Onimi never went with me :( But thats no reason why I can't add him now :) So expect a similar background to the one with my Shimrra art as a seperate piece and one of them together. I Imagined him sitting at the bottom of a raised plinth.

As for the background for the other, I have a very clear idea of what that will become, I did pencil in a few more details but kept them out of the scan for colouring, it will make it easier to add them in again with my tablet and stylus later. It will be the interior of a worldship chamber, at least that's what I originally intended ;) I always change things at the last moment! Thanks again for dropping by!

17. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    oh dear, a shameful UP...date!

Yep, here's that finished piece on Onimi. PLEASE FULL VIEW :p

http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Onimi-68102084

18. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    =D= Wow that's creepy looking! awesome job Blue! I really like it.

19. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting princess aka Jedi seeker :D Glad to see you like the finished piece, more on their way!

20. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    A small art dump here with things i'm working on and a completed request art :)

Request: Yuuzhan Vong OC Master Shaper Karena for Lady Septerra.
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Master-Shaper-Karena-70415585 -Please full view, there are lots of details on this one :)

WIP: Mezhan Kwaad line art
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Mezhan-Kwaad-Line-art-67851504

Elan and Vergere, incomplete line art.
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Elan-and-Vergere-Line-Art-67203301

(Anyone else waiting for their requests, don't panic, I just want to post the finished articles here rather than the line arts ;) )

21. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Coool Blue, liking your new stuff [face_peace]

22. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    First one - it's my desktop wallpaper now :B

Hm, s'ppose you'll ever end up on a forum banner? Not a chance I will 'cause I hate drawing people who wield lightsabers/Mandolorians/canon characters/etc....plus I don't seem to want to use the img tags (photobucket blocked on this computer, blame Vista)

23. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Cozmic! I'll have some more up soon.

Really? Thankyee Kecen! I don't know about ending up on a forum banner, the majority of my fan work is Yuuzhan Vong based and we all know how much everyone loves them ;)

And there's nothing wrong with drawing things other than Jedi and Mando's, Surely some of your GG art could be applied here?

24. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    This is some great stuff you have here! :) I particularly liked Nom Anor.

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I absolutely love those!! The detail is astounding, and the color in the first one is wonderful. You have an amazing talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.