main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Blue's Fan Art - Updated 28/06/10 Updates In Index!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Blue_but_beautiful, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much Moonshadow :) glad you like, i'm looking forward to getting those line arts rendered soon. Sorry I haven't had chance to join your site yet, I haven't forgotten! I will first chance I get, darth real life has been snapping at my heels of late :(

And thankyee NYCitygurl! :D Very much appreciated, I don't stop by this thread as often as I should [face_blush] it needs an index and an update.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Any updates for the New Year, Nen? [face_money_eyes]

3. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I do indeed have some updates Sie, though one is still very much a WIP...I thought i'd treat everyone to a preview of what i'm working on, but then I thought it might spoil the work's interesting factor when it is complete ;)
    Thankyee for stopping by!

Those who don't mind art-spoilers, can view my WIP at the link below.
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/bluebutbeautiful/?action=view&current=MezhanKwaad.jpg

The other piece was a request from a friend, scoke!
    There are many things i'd like to improve on in this pic, but as the recipitent seemed very pleased with it, I decided to leave it untouched. It's actually an experimental piece for me, not tried the fanned out lightsaber technique before.

Mara Jade vs River Tam (yes I know she looks like Jaina Solo...so sue me :p )
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/River-Tam-vs-Mara-Jade-72659036

I'm working on a couple of things now, so hopefully should see some more finished articles soon :)

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great update, blue! Although, I must say it's been quite awhile since I've been in this thread. [face_blush]

I really like where the WIP is going. It has nice, gentle tones and the image itself is really beginning to pop. Just out of curiosity, are you using Painter or PS?

The Mara and River Tam piece has a lot of intense action going on. Great job rendering the poses and bringing the scene to life! :)

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the first one. the drawing is awesome and you're doing such a cool job with the colors.

6. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Han :D I really need to sort an index for this thread now, got quite a few new things that could do with indexing!

I use painter and photoshop, usually painter for the initial colours ( PS has this habit of messing colours up for other progs) and the finishing is done later in photoshop :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks NYCG that one is almost finished, just a few more things to add before I transfer it to PS for finishing :) So all going well, an update shouldn't be too far behind!

7. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006

And here's the finished piece :D
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Mezhan-Kwaad-74354345

Please full view, or I will hug you....lots. [face_devil] (The other option was calling you names until you bleed, but that seemed too offensive ;) )

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, so it's a combination of both programs. I guess I have to get myself Painter. I'm hearing nothing but good things about it.

Wow! That came out really nice! The tones are so smooth and subtle and I love the details that were put into the instruments on her fingers. Nicely done! :)

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Blue: what if we like being hugged?

It's a great picture. I've added it to my DA favourites. :D

10. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    HanSolo29 : Yeah i'm only using the free part-version that arrived with my wacom tablet, but it's so great i'm going to invest in the full thing. I like photoshop, I do, but it's inability to keep my colours as I applied them really annoys me.
    Thanks very much for the nice comment :D I've got more on the way.

Moosemousse: Umm, well most people find me hugging them a scary prospect [face_laugh] considering my usual form of greeting is a hyper spear-tackle in the side "Hello thar!"

Thanks for the comment and fave! I didn't know you were on DA too, i'll have to add you next time i'm there :)

11. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    And UP with the update - Here's that finished picture of Elan and Vergere. :)

http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Elan-and-Vergere-77746094

Click on the picture for a larger view, full high res version available for DL.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very beautiful images and nice rendition of Vegere and Elan, nice lifelike surrounding that really complement them as well.

Your earlier work looks great as well and since you already caught it I guess I won't give you grief over Mara:p

13. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    I really love your YV art, the designs and colours are lovely, especially on Mezhan Kwaad - that hand is amazing! And that Elan and Vergere one is great too - nice work on the folds of her dress , and I love the way you do hair - everything looks so soft!

You have some beautiful artwork [face_love] Can't wait to see more!

14. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Hay Blue,

You already know that I love this one, but I wanted to tell you again! Awesome job!

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So cool!! I especially love the color. Elan is particularly pretty :)

~Nat

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much all, wasn't expecting this kind of response! [face_blush]

Miith - I can't actually remember what it was I said about Mara now, lol...though I can probably guess ;) Thanks for stopping by!

Glitbiter - Hello and welcome! :) Thanks for looking at my work, glad you like what you see. Never one for much of a rest, i'm keeping myself on my toes with a new experimental piece in the works, so i'm keeping the line art for that under wraps until the final piece is done ;)

TheOnlyJediPrincess - Hehe, thanks again for your nice comments! I need to check back here more often [face_blush]

NYCitygurl - Thanks very much :D Both figures took a while, in particular Vergere's feathers - i'll make a mental note not to do those again in a hurry lol.

17. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hee! **giggling** I MUST drop a note here, too (since I'm trying to hit this forum more often now! :D ), to say how much I love the Vergere/Elan image! I always wanted to see more of these two (the cover images were so small and abbreviated), and you've really been faithful to the written descriptions. I love the entire feel of this, with the flowing fabric of her dress and the flowing organic feel to their environment. As always, amazing work with the tattoos (those things make ME insane when I have to draw them! Thus...no Sith or YV for me! LOL!), and beautiful light, too! Great piece, my friend! =D=

FF

18. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Hehe thanks FalconFan and welcome back! Haven't seen you round these boards for a while. Glad you like them :D They took a surprising ammount of work as I said at DA - Vergere's feathers were a nightmare lol. No more fosh for a while me thinks! ;)

In fact, no feathers at all in the pieces i'm now working on - the line art scans aren't very good, so I guess i'll just post the finished articles :p

19. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Just a quick update with this...

http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/These-bones-I-present-to-you-79812400

Please remember to full view, or i'll give you my germs :p

I'm still working on the digital version, so that will follow soon, right now i'm going to bed because I feel uber sick [face_sick]

20. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Ooooh, I love the colours!~ Very creepy. It has a really nice, gritty texture - I love the way you paint.

Awesome! :D

21. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa...gruesome, yet with a delicate beauty... And I'm so sorry you're sick (...we must have touched the same teeming door handle... **cough-cough**)! I hope you feel better right soon!

I love the colors here--almost gaudy, compared to the solemn subject of the piece--I find it a refreshing contrast. **nods** The positioning seems so casual, as though he's meditating, or resting...again, a stark contrast. The details are wonderful--the upside down heart, the jewels in the eye sockets... Poor Corran...can you imagine how he felt when he saw this...? A chilling, but very effective illustration of a pivotal moment in the YV war: there was no question of negotiations after this. Great work!

FF

22. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Glitbiter :D it took a small portion of an evening, was waiting for the paint to dry that made me forget how lengthy doing things this way can actually be, though the instant results are pretty satisfying ;)

And thankyee falconfan! Sorry to hear you have that nasty cold that's going around, I have it too...fell asleep at work today actually, still didn't send me home though, work to the death and all that lol.
    The positioning was meant to mirror that of how I imagined it in the book, the crossed arms touching shoulder joints mimicking the Yuuzhan Vong form of a salute - kind of like the final insult if you will ;)
    You certainly knew how negotiations were going to end up after that, lol I agree. I was completely with Deign Lian through half of that book going...."Is Shai feeling well?" 8-}

What is placed between his legs is actually the concept I often used for a villip, being the one that Shedao Shai later passed on the rest of his err 'message' to Corran Horn with. :D

Feeling a little better after my injection of energy drinks, so I might make progress on the digital version. :)

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very good rendering of Elegos in his post hour, I have to say that looking at the image before reading your info on it I first thought of a prostate. But that's just my mind being preimposed fro having a friend with cancer in that organ for the time being.

Beautiful rendering of the mental image that book creates.

24. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Mitth :) And an interesting interpretation, everyone seems to see something different. That's very sad news about your friend, I hope they are ok soon.

25. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Some new line art i've been working on recently.

One of my YV RP characters, Subaltern S'uun Esh:
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/S-uun-Esh-line-art-80818902

And a request for Sector C-1138 at the world of star wars over at Yahoo, One of his many slave girls, and a very happy looking Hutt:
    http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Slave-Girl-Line-Art-80716867

I do have more on the way, though there might be a bit of a wait. My computer decided to explode last week, so i've had to go and get a new one...unfortunately my scanner is no longer compatible with the new one (thanks a bunch vista) so i'm having to hijack someone elses everytime I need to scan something new. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.