main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blurred Visions -Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU~*~NEW POST 10.8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Blurred Visions
    Rating: PG-13
    The events of Naboo end far differently. Three struggle to find their true place in a shifting universe, with shadows approaching, and the ultimate menace revealed.

*Disclaimer: The characters and Star Wars universe overall are the sole property of George Lucas. I receive no profit from the writing of these fictions.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Chapter One: The Flames of Jealousy

Anakin stalked down the hallway, his short padawan braid whipping behind his shoulder. His eyes were a piercing blue, though the color was almost unrecognizable due to the shadows that constantly hooded them. His long forehead was wrinkled, the space between his brows creased from brooding. His breathing was barely controlled.

The Temple Healing Wing was pure, bland white. A few generic paintings of scenery hung on the walls. The stillness of late night left everything stunted and silent. Doors were shut and the glow rods were weakened. His steps echoed, and lent the hall a sort of hollowness. In his decade as a Jedi (apprentice), he only occasionally visited this sterile area, the air thick with a medicinal stench. Mostly he could handle the healing of any injuries. He was never ill.

Of course, his lip curled, some weren?t as resilient as he.

Anakin stopped his musings. He stopped dead in his tracks when he sensed him.

Them.

The apprentice tilted his head, peeking into the medium-sized room. His Force presence was dulled to a mere, distant presence. Not enough for anyone to detect.

Not even his exceptionally skilled master, who once sensed a poisonous insect tinier than the tip of a needle, and caught it with the blade of his lightsabre.

The man was seated on a hard-backed chair that was bent slightly to accommodate his frame. His large, scarred hand rested against the forehead of the patient, who was clad in a thin, white hospital gown.

Anakin spared a moment to marvel at his own impressive shielding. Neither Jedi realized they were being watched. Certain he was going unnoticed, the padawan pressed his palm to the doorframe, and listened closely.

?We just returned from Zernin Five. Do you remember the look on the Senator?s face when you told him you were allergic to both spices in the dessert you had consumed?? A soft chuckle. ?But that was long ago. The senator?s hair is snowy now. Well, what?s left of it anyway.?

Anakin turned away in disgust. Was his master delusional?

?The healers tell me you actually spit out your medicine. Bant says directly it went directly onto her face. I would have liked to see that!? The master?s shoulders shook slightly with laughter. ?If it wasn?t for her sweet temperament, I think you would be in trouble.?

Anakin?s jaw tensed painfully. Through their mental connection, he felt his mentor?s emotion. The quiet joy of being reunited with him, despite the somewhat dismal surroundings. Skywalker could imagine the gentle gleam of those wizened, midnight blue eyes. The longing bleeding through a ten year resolve.

The hallway light flickered. Qui-Gon looked over his shoulder. Anakin bit down on his tongue and quickly stepped out of view, body rigid against the wall.

Slowly, he sensed the movement of Jinn settling back into his reminiscent state of mind. Anakin released a relieved sigh. He returned to his spying spot.

Qui-Gon was leaning forward in the chair, retrieving a small stone that had dropped in the abrupt scare. He held the delicate thing between two massive fingers, studying it, then raised his arm.

The smooth, red veined rock caught the glare of the dim lamp. From Anakin?s vantage point, it appeared to glow beneath the black surface. He noted that it was a peculiar object for his master to be in possession of. Qui-Gon was not one to indulge in knick knacks or souvenirs. And it was just a pebble, wasn?t it? Not a jewel or glittering gem. Not of any remote value.

Yet Qui-Gon seemed to treasure it.

Anakin was never truly intimidated by him. The reputation

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I get first reply!

At first I thought Obi-Wan had been a veggie for ten years. But obviously this happened on a solo mission after his knighting- but how long ago? [face_shocked]

3. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Interesting...

Up!

JS

4. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Cool.

I will be waiting for more.

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Anakin's a little angry - to say the least. Poor Obi-Wan. So is there any hope of recovery for the poor young Knight?

6. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Yay! Replies! This will be updated every day....no foolin'!

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

His room was laden with trophies and miscellaneous mechanical bits. Droid parts were scattered across the floor. Anakin kicked them out of his path, collapsing onto his sleepcouch. He stared up at the ceiling. Model cloud cars and ships were suspended mid-air by white, thinly coated thread. He sighed, closing his eyes.

The visage of Padme Amidala immediately sprung to his mind. Whenever he was frustrated, infuriated, she appeared. Not in the ornate trappings of a Naboo queen, but the simple, long braids of a handmaiden. Smiling at him in Watto?s shop, her gaze devoid of the usual pity he had encountered as an enslaved person. The warmth of the blanket she wrapped around him in the frigid spaceship, offering comfort in her perfect way.

Padme.

Then, the compassionate look she had given Obi-Wan in the bustling Naboo emergency center. Taking his hand, her brown eyes watering. The Jedi had not been awake to witness the precious present bestowed him. Anakin had been livid.

Master Qui-Gon was right. Anakin knew much of envy.

And if his teacher were to discover these feelings, he would be appalled. No one was allowed to think an unkind word toward Kenobi. To do so was not only un-Jedi like, but inhumane. After all, the knight suffered daily.

Anakin did too. Where was his support?

His wrath intensified. The plight of a Tatooine slave turned Jedi was insignificant beside that of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The entire Temple acted as if he were the first in the Order to ever be blinded.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    So....?

7. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow, I just found this and it's fantastic! Need more.

8. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :eek:

Obi-Wan is blind? :( And Anakin's being an idiot about the whole thing. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, very good! And posting every day makes me :D :D :D . ;)

9. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
  10. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Great post, LuvEwan. Good job of capturing Anakin in his usual brattiness and imaginary possessiveness of Padmé.

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    :eek: Interesting beginning to this story! Anakin is a brat, as usual. I liked the way Qui-Gon sent him to his room to meditate on the dangers of envy. [face_laugh] I think I will like a fic where Qui-Gon still cherishes Obi-Wan and is not too blind (no pun intended) to see Anakin has faults.

Also, I love a writer who spoils us readers with daily posts! Thanks in advance. :)

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Blinded [face_shocked]

13. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Kewlness, an excellent start. I can't wait to see what happens next.

14. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    *is waiting for next post*

;)

15. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Thanks for the comments! :)

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Ten Years Earlier

The elegantly carved doors slid open, revealing a vision born of grisly nightmares. Thick yellow horns emerged from a hairless, red and black head.

Initially, Obi-Wan believed it to be some incredibly effective mask.

But no, the tattoos covered inch, the ink drenched into each pore. Demon eyes, saffron with the bloom of blood-red surrounding the pupils, stared at the Jedi.

Qui-Gon had vividly described the creature after his jarring encounter among the sweeping sands of Tatooine. Words, however, could not rightly illustrate the horror before him.

The presence of it, the Sith, was attempting to poison his soul. HE felt the evil closing in around him. Raw, uncontrollable hatred pulsed in the dark one. Desire burned in the shriveled organ beating inside his chest.

Obi-Wan looked away, a cool bead of sweat snaking down his forehead. Amid the chaos erupting in the Force, he heard the calm voice of the man beside him.

?We?ll handle this.? The message anchored him. He was not alone.

Instantly, he was shedding the comforting weight his cloak provided, letting it drop. Obi-Wan reached for his weapon, running his fingers absently across the familiar grooves of the hilt. Without a glance, he knew Qui-Gon had done the same.

In eerie unison, the four blades ignited.

Apprehension lanced through Obi-Wan?s stomach. The foreboding, shadowy dreams and subtle, warning waves in the Force?it was all leading to this terrible moment. The apprentice?s eyes fell to the ground, shiny to the point of reflective, and saw his own face. He was disturbed by the uncertainty beating in his features.

Then, the time was gone. The battle began.

~~~

Padme paused to impatiently shove a stray lock of mahogany hair from her eyes. Blaster bolts shot cleanly by, the copious streaks creating a strange sort of zig-zag as they were set off from different angles. A tortured, surprised cry assaulted her ears.

She pressed against the icy pillar, couldn?t prevent the errant thought from passing through her flustered mind: My fault.

Perhaps the cynics had been correct all along. Naboo, that wondrous world that was her home, deserved a more sage, experienced leader. Not a fourteen year old girl who had yet to shed the last thin layer of youthful naivete. She had known malice, written in the history books she devoured, but they were stories of the past. Padme Amidala had not been aware these Federation villains would so readily stain their hands with the blood of her people.

Her mental deliberations were cut short, as a bolt sped toward her. She let out a yelp, ducking. The ball of fiery energy was embedded in her chest.

As she collapsed, Padme wondered if the searing agony had caused the strange fluttering of her heart.

~~~~

Qui-Gon dodged another strike. He found that his suspicions were valid. This warrior was intensely skilled in the Jedi arts. Yet, the trademark movements were twisted with an alien ruthlessness. When the Sith swung his double-sided lightsabre, the red, humming blade coming towards Obi-Wan?s head, the master understood what was needed to secure a victory.

They could not hold back.

He came at the dark figure with a savagely hard kick. His foot smashed into the concealed face. The Sith was only moderately affected, though, and managed to knick Obi-Wan?s arm in the process.

Then, suddenly, a loud alarm sounded in the Force. It drove its plea to the core of Qui-Gon. The queen.

And, without even a syllable of explanation to his apprentice, he set off in a blur.

Obi-Wan spared a second to catch his departure. The Sith swept his sabre at the Jedi?s feet.

The young man flipped over the horned head and struck at the powerful weapon.

One of the blades was shorted out.

Obi-Wan could not react to the small win. He continued his offensive.

They fought, traveling through the hangar into the power center. Their steps clattered against the metal flooring. The padawan tr

16. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Just upping myself! (grins sheepishly)
    C'mon, it's not that bad...is it?

17. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I just found this fabulous fic! and daily posts :) can't beat that!

Great posts...keep 'em coming! As always, love the interaction between Obi/Qui/Ani.

18. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    :_| OBI!!! My Obi can't be blind! HIS EYES! NOOOOOO!!! :_|

19. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Not that I really needed the fuel to hate Qui!

Excellent post!

*Will rant later*

20. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post! And I can't believe Qui ran off! :mad: That was just plain stupid.

21. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    You are right, some tension is needed for the angst. BUT, Qui-Gon left Obi-Wan to fight the Sith alone without a word or thought. :mad: And Maul, how could anyone, Sith or otherwise, look into those eyes and then... and then... :_|

Great post. Looking forward to more. :D

22. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    I'm usually supportive of Qui... but how in the heck did he think Obi could beat the sith by himeself, when together they had a hard time!??!?! Hello!?

And then you go and leave us hanging dangerously! Now get jumping and give us a post!

~*Nik*~

23. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I can't believe Qui-Gon ran off like that either. :( Really disturbing way to end the post, LE.

24. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    I should be wicked, in the spirit of Halloween, and leave you hanging for a few days... [face_devil] But instead, I guess I'll give you a little snippet 'til tomorrow.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Master Yoda wrapped his small, wrinkled hands around his gimer stick. He sat on a round, plush chair. The closed blinds could not keep out all the light. His face was striped with shadows. The light breeze rustled the white wisps of hair at the crown of his head. His elfin ears trembled slightly.

Nothing was as it should be.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

25. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Love the imagery. [face_love] And a slightly chilling post at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.