main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blurred Visions -Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU~*~NEW POST 10.8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Seraphena He might. [face_mischief]

Sheila Eh,you might classify it as a fib. It will be explained in a short while. ;) I had hoped Qui-Gon wouldn't come across as a total jerk, since he is a partial victim in this. :( Thanks for your feedback, as always. ;)

diane Yep, not a good situation for anyone...well, except Palpatine. :D

diamond Thanks! [face_love]

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Sheila and Diane are thinking along the same lines I am. I must assume Palpy is encouraging these little jaunts?

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Forum Moderators: Amidala_Skywalker | Kit' | Mistress_Renata
    Forum Announcement: Please visit the 2003 Winter Fan Fiction Awards Excerpt Thread located here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fan Fiction Archive | Official Story Index | Before the Saga Forum | The Saga Forum | Beyond the Saga Forum | Writers' Resource Forum | Fan Fiction FAQ | Moved Stories Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jedi Council Forums » Fan Fiction » Classic JC Fan Fiction Board (Reply-Only) » Message Posted!
    Logged in as: Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl | Logoff | Private Messages | Search | Options | Help | Terms of Service | Faces | Markup Codes 8-} 8-}

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What's unsettling you? The boy's a demon in Padawan's clothing! THAT'S what's unsettling.

For such a wise and usually compassionate man, he's being a real moron when it comes to Anakin. I suppose, though, that where he's learned not to be blind in one area (throwing a Padawan to the rocks, as you said) he's just transferred it to another.

Great post, LE - can't wait for more!

Shaindl

5. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    PK [face_mischief]

Jenny Come again? :confused:

ShaindlMaybe he just needs a brain transplant. He's not using the one has too well..or maybe I'm not, since I'm the one writing him this way. [face_shocked]

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Obi-One flexed his fingers around the cold handle of the weight. It had been nearly five months since the operation began to stitch what was so ruthlessly torn within the fabric of his mind, and each day fibers were strengthening, threads intertwining, so that the patchwork's picture was becoming more clear to him. Often, the returned memories were a warmth wrapped around him in a chill--or a smothering blanket, covering his face so that his periphery was a dismal cloud of disappointments, failures and overwhelming pain, stealing his breath.

But eventually the air would flow free again.

As it did while his muscles tightened to lift the weight and he grunted, working in another strained repetition before releasing his grip. A cool sheen of sweat stood on his skin and he was admittedly tired, but a smile brushed across his mouth.

Master Windu was instructing him in basic saber technique and once he was reminded of the fundamentals, stances and blocks, specifics came easier, and he found himself slipping into dizzying new routines--then would be informed by a deep, pleased voice that these shocking revelations were remnants of his former fighting style, that the heady fuel of adrenaline was not fully responsible for the quick parries and blows he was executing.

Reaching for the first few handholds in a climb, cloaked in shadow, it's difficult to visualize your feet landing solidly on the summit, the heat of the sun burning close and intense on your shoulders.

But, Obi-One was slowly realizing, even as one approaches their goal, it doesn't become any more feasible.

Warmth was beginning to drift to the crown of his head--and Obi-One could scarcely believe it. His hands were raw from mending and climbing--and still, he wanted to attack his own sense of hope.

He knew now that there was a part of him that distrusted success, that peered suspiciously at the fluttery beat of his heart. Obi-One learned to stand at a sort of attention, rigid, to prohibit his mind from wandering?to entertain happy notions.

There were recovered shreds of shadow, of curling up in a corner and cursing himself for putting faith in a life of good times and good friends.

It was when Tahl was murdered, when he was locked in a strange place, chained, in damp clothes, when he could feel his chest sinking to his belly.

He had an intrinsic reflex even now to berate himself for daydreaming, while his schedule demanded he join Master Yoda for a session, then complete another workout, and a million other things that would surface.

The wall communicator buzzed, and he grabbed for his cane tipped against the couch. He despised the thing, but until he was given clearance from Bant--he already knew bribery wouldn't sway her--it was companion to his legs, clicking with each step.

He pressed his finger to the talk button. "Yes?" Ah no, I forgot to address myself.

"Obi-Wan?"

Surprised, he smiled. "Master Jinn. Yes, yet it's me?I haven't quite mastered the correct procedure in answering the communicator yet."

"I'll forgive you this time." The elder Jedi chuckled. "I was wondering if you'd eaten yet."

"No, I haven't."

"Anakin's been called away by an errand, so would you like to have midday meal?"

"Sure."

"I was thinking we could go to Dex's?Do you remember Dex?"

Obi-One's shoulders slumped minutely. "No. I-I don't think so."

The responding voice didn't hold any somberness. "Well then, we'll have a lot for you to catch up with. I'll just come by and get you."

"We can meet at the Temple entrance." Obi-One offered. It wasn't that he was too proud to wait for Qui-Gon's arrival, but he hadn't met with the Master in almost two months, and since then he had adapted well to the mapping of the huge Jedi dwelling.

"Alright then. I'll be t

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm glad he is recovering, though slowly. I just hope that the final betrayal (and his blinding) won't come at Dex's... but you might do that just because!!!!

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    No Diane- Don't give her any ideas!

8. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    tension is building, and I love the description of Obi-wan working to get his memory back and remember all he's learned.

9. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I have a feeling that there will be a lot of remembering as soon as they get to Dex's!!

10. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    diane I might? [face_mischief]

PK [face_devil]

Seraphena Thanks. [face_love]

diamond :D

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I was considering that a nice happy post until all this foreboding talk of Dex's diner started, now I am worried. :( Can't wait to see what you have in store for us and Obi-Wan LE. :)

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh boy i have a feeling obiwan's about to remember stuff he would of rather not remembered, poor obiwan, i hope he doesn't turn all cold and stuff again, i like this obiwan better, and i hope him and quigon will stay as they are, even after he remembers all.....

13. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Yep, good things can't be waiting at Dex's. And I just have to say, Qui, you went two MONTHS without seeing him, after all the promises you made about not losing touch? I know you have a commitment to Anakin, but really, you couldn't have found five minutes to visit? I am really losing patience with him!!! :D

Great job, LE!

Shaindl

14. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Sheila Nice, happy post?! [face_shocked] I thought you would've known me better by now. 8-}

Jenny I like this Obi better too. :D

Shaindl There'll be an explanation for those two months. After all, they're both busy guys! ;)

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

The Jedi Temple entrance was a crisp manifestation of what the Order strove to be: a sterling monument of purity, with clean, reflective steel untouched by grime, as the residents within were to model their own hearts.

But it was something of a pipe dream, a particularly well-known member of the Order thought as he approached the belly of the massive room. Because deeper within the building, rooms were dingy with age or abandoned, walls of energetic Padawans were plastered with bright posters.

And then?there was someone who outshone the esteemed, glinting space, like the moon among tiny stars.

Qui-Gon smiled, resting his hand on his past student's elbow. "Hello, Obi-Wan. It's been a?long time."

Obi-One reflected the expression he couldn't see--and didn't need to. "It has been, hasn't it?"

Qui-Gon brought his arms around the other's shoulders in a quick embrace. In truth, it was tremendously difficult to distance himself from his former Padawan while he knew the man was enduring rapid changes and inevitable pain?the Master's heart constricted every time he was reminded of the randomness of it. One moment could bring the swirled recollection of childhood, sweet and gentle, the next could be anything, every minute of the day held the potential of unearthing..

What a selfish fool had been so wrong in burying.

A 'long time' had been an eternity to Qui-Gon Jinn.

The separation appeared to have been more kind to Obi-One, who leaned into the friendly hug with a heightened confidence, as though he was slowly shedding foreign skin over his months-long recovery, and could move more freely.

After another second, Qui-Gon pulled back and saw realms of revived character in the unfocused set of eyes. More and more, my Obi-Wan. "You've made progress, little one."

Obi-One nodded with the pale stirrings of a flush on his face. "They did some scans a dew days ago. Fifty four percent of my memory has returned."

Simultaneously, Qui-Gon's heart lifted and his stomach dropped. Fifty four percent? Over half already. Force. He cleared his throat. "That's remarkable, Obi-Wan. And wonderful.

"Of course, I expect nothing less from you."

Obi-One grinned, sensing the shared warmth, able to feel a deeper communion now than scarcely eight weeks before.

"C'mon." Qui-Gon ghosted his fingers over his upper arm. "Let's go."

The streets were crammed with life forms, some strolling and some with a sense of great urgency, shouldering through the crowds with serious or irritated expressions, obviously cursing whatever entity decided there should be anyone blocking their way.

Qui-Gon was worried that in the compacted chaos he would lose Obi-One, but not wanting to make the other Jedi feel incompetent by keeping hold of his wrist, he relied on the sharpening Force talents of his companion to keep them in sync. It was an instinct Qui-Gon constantly stifled--he wanted only to protect him.

The Coruscant sun blazed above. Qui-Gon squinted, seeing the old-fashioned diner through the clusters of hungry populace.

He suppressed a groan. Lunch hour.

Once they were detached from the stream, the bearded man sighed, looking over at Obi-One. "It's a little busy." An understatement, considering the line that began at the register and ended somewhere outside the door, even curving around a bend.

"Makes me wonder if any of these people have actually tasted the food here."

Obi-One smiled. He couldn't recall any instances when Qui-Gon was genuinely flabbergasted. "Makes me wonder why you would be so eager to eat here, then."

Qui-Gon laughed. "Well, let's just say it's not the choice of cuisine."

They trekked to the tail of the line.

15. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Still don't buy the explanation, LE. :D I still think he should have gone to visit. Although, once Obi does have all his memories back, they will have a lot to discuss, won't they? Bring it on, dear - I haven't read any good angst in ages. :D

Shaindl

16. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Who said that was the entire explanation? [face_mischief]

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved the line at Dex's. LOL. I guess the food must be really good!! Poor Qui-Gon is worried about "that" memory. As well he should be. And I'm with Shaindl on why he hasn't been to see Obi-Wan. Give him a better excuse...please!

Besides, I need a good angst fix!

18. Forbidden_Donut

Forbidden_Donut Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2004
    This is a good story. I am glad you continue it.

19. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I still say that Qui-Gon should actually tell Obi-Wan about what happened on Naboo. I think that would go a long way towards diffusing the situation and would give Obi-Wan further reason to trust him. [face_plain]

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Sheila's suggestion makes a lot of sense, but he would have to spend a lot of time explaining Naboo, and by the time he is done with the backstory, Obi will probably remember the rest.

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    OH NO getting closer and closer yet, but maybe it wont be so bad i mean obiwan will remember the whole time quigon was there with him on this past mission....

22. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Is it me or did I miss a lot lately? :D Sorry, I've been really busy because of school lately, so it's absolutely not because of a lack of interest in this story. ;)

It's great to see Obi recovering his memory, even though he does seem to be a little depressed. I wonder what will happen when he meets Dex - I just love this character.

You're doing a great job, LE!

23. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    diane Don't worry...when do I ever neglect the angst? 8-}

F_D :)

Sheila For Qui-Gon, it would be easier said than done. :(

PK Good counterpoint. ;)

Jenny Very true. :)

Nat Glad to see ya! :D I can understand schoolwork, I went from having english and art first semester to gov't/econ and chemistry. :_| I'm so happy you're still enjoying. [face_love] Hope the stress lets up.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Palpatine drummed his fingers, slender slabs of fishbelly, freckled by liver spots, against the window pane. There was a vibration throughout his body, a thrum of great anticipation, as he stared out at the bright, mid-afternoon sky, a polar opposite of the inky darkness within him.

The Force was a great pool of black in his heart, and today it was bubbling? it knew, in the way it always knew, what was to happen.

He wasn't one for basking in the sun, he preferred clouds to clear skies, but even he could admit that the day was strikingly beautiful.

Because it would bring change, like the first gray flake of snow in late autumn.

It would come slowly.

And eventually, it would cover?it would smother everything.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Anakin pressed his eyes shut and steeled his emotions. This was always the hardest part, more difficult each time he was forced to do it.

"I better go, Padme. I'll call again--when I can."

"I know you will." She replied, her voice a projection of pure warmth and love, lessened none by electronic communication. "I miss you."

"Miss you too." A silence fell, and in it they could both feel the pulse of something always left unsaid, but that lived within both of them, waiting.

'Forget the Jedi. Come to me. Come home.'

'I will.'

But today was not the day, was as dreary as the rest, despite the dazzle of the unimpeded sun above the Padawan. "Bye."

"Goodbye, Ani."

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Padme turned from the comm, her lips pursed to hold back a sob.

Dorme stood in the doorway. Both women were swathed in weak light, diluting their features enough that they truly did appear to be exact reflections of one another. The handmaiden moved to stand beside the Senator. "You didn't tell him?"

Padme smiled sadly, shook her head. "No."

Dorme's eyes narrowed in concern. "Milady, how much time do you have bef--"

"That doesn't matter." She interrupted. Her hair was collected in a clasp at the base of her neck, revealing the new fullness of her face, the deeper flush and fair glow. A few tears escaped and trailed down her cheeks. "Being a Jedi is his dream. There's an entire?.there's an entire prophecy devoted to him."

A hand rested on her shoulder. "But he is devoted to you, Milady. He escapes there to speak with you."

"And that should be enough for me." Padme huffed. "I knew what I was getting into."

Dorme waited until their eyes met. "And so did he." She squeezed her friend's hand, then left the room.

Padme closed her eyes against the onslaught of more tears.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Anakin exited the booth, moving into the crowds of lower level citizens. He would never meld in with them, he stood out most anywhere he want, but it was doubtful anyone would recognize him in the first place.

He found himself thinking of his Master as he strolled, of the invitation he declined in favor of speaking with his wife. He regretted it only because it most likely hurt Qui-Gon, who probably dined at the apartment, as he usually did when Anakin was called away on an 'errand or 'assignment'.

I don't want to lie to you but?there isn't any other way.

He had his justification--he just wished it didn't pain him so much.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    so they are already married here? And she is preggers?

25. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Humpf! No need to pretend to feel guilty in front of us, brat! We know how selfish you really are.

I don't know what you guys think, but I really feel like he's only concerned about Qui-Gon because of the effect it would have on him.

Loved the passage with Palpy here. It had been a long time. ;) It's great how you manage to take something as soft and nice as snow to turn it into something aggressive. Very well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.