main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blurred Visions -Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU~*~NEW POST 10.8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh dear. Padme is pregnant and Ani doesn't know. I wonder what he would say if he did!!

And Palpatine is quite evil. I liked that he likes cloudy weather to clear. Typical!

Good job.

2. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I hope he does'nt decide to grab a bite to eat on the way back to the Temple. 7

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Jedi7 raises an interesting point. A growing boy like Anakin might be feeling a mite peckish right about then. Ooh, think of the fireworks! :D

Great job making Palpy eviler and eviler. Can't wait for the show to begin!

Shaindl

4. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Wow! Lots going on!!!!

5. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    **Next post is gonna be a loaded one, methinks. Might take a couple days for it. And I'm trying to finish up another half-done vignette that's been floating around for months. **

PK Yep. ;) Not a good combination.

Nat I looove writing Palpatine and it felt like a perfect time to insert that little evil reminder of what's to come. [face_devil] I live for those.

diane Padme is pregnant and Ani doesn't know. I wonder what he would say if he did!! Who knows... [face_mischief]

jedi7 Yikes! [face_shocked]

Shaindl Are you guys trying to give away all my surprises? :confused:

diamond :)

6. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    That was a wonderfully evil glimpse at Palpatine LE. :D

He wasn't one for basking in the sun, he preferred clouds to clear skies, but even he could admit that the day was strikingly beautiful.

Because it would bring change, like the first gray flake of snow in late autumn.
    :eek:

I can't wait to see what change Palpatine foresees. And I don't believe for a minute that this Ani is sorry for lying to Qui-Gon since he has become quite adept at it. It would be just like him to have a snit over Qui-Gon eating lunch with Obi-Wan even though he turned him down so that he could sneak out and call his wife. I can't wait for more LE. :)

7. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Sheila I can always count on you for those Anti-Anakin comments. :D He is rather nasty in this, but I think, in his mindset, he might believe he is sorry for what he's doing. Later on, though, that might change. [face_mischief] And it is a bit of a double-standard with Obi-Wan vs. Padme, isn't it? He sees Obi-Wan as a threat, but he can't see Padme as a threat to his Knighthood, and therefor to his Master. **shakes head**

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan edged forward in the line. Many of the patrons were leaving Dex's with take-out sacks, for which he was supremely grateful. Once they were seated, it would be easier to fall into deeper conversation, to reconnect after their time of slight distance.

It was his intention to visit with Obi-Wan more often, at least once a week, but he found himself busied by Anakin. Their relationship had suffered during the Naboo mission, the Master had to admit. They both had been?distracted, and it didn't help matters when he was forced to send the boy back to Coruscant prematurely.

And he had affairs of his own to deal with. He was receiving numerous guest speaking invitations, from sparring instructors and classes focused on mediation. Qui-Gon's methods were always nonviolent, whenever he could possible manage it, a trait that needed to be strengthened in many initiates and Padawans alike. He didn't view them as burdens upon his schedule, but they did detract from the time he could spend with Obi-Wan. He declined a few, but Mace and many others advised him he would be of immense help to struggling students.

There had been a lift in Qui-Gon's chest when he was told, albeit quietly and discreetly, by his Jedi comrade that his name was somewhat of a legend around the children's quarters at the Temple. He had always been a figure of mystique and interest to the younger sect, a towering man who had no problem defying the Council whenever he had the inspiration to.

But now?now he was the Master of Anakin Skywalker, the boy who had outgrown most of his childhood foibles, striding with confidence through the halls, the glow of destiny surrounding him. Qui-Gon had located and championed the Chosen One. He was a living part of the Jedi's greatest prophecy, a survivor of the epic battle with the Sith Lord. His reputation had lent a spark of admiration to the youngling's eyes--and perked their ears, to listen as he explained the pillars of the Code, or how to deflect a strike to the neck without a weapon, or the virtues of his own brand of stoicism.

Of course he had spoken to Obi-Wan since the day he voluntarily departed from the healers' ward, and from his place as the recovering Knight's caretaker. For the first several months, he stopped in for tea, during which he would be brought up to date on Obi-Wan's progress, and in turn would inform Obi-Wan of Anakin's latest advancements. But the past two months were hectic. Obi-Wan was slowly being allowed to take on more exercises for his mind and body, his sessions with Yoda and the psychologist concurrently increased. Qui-Gon and his apprentice left on a brief assignment.

Time had definitely caught up, to supply for the precious moments on Naboo when the hours held still for them.

Although, every now and then, it took pity.

Qui-Gon was smiling as they advanced in the line again. "You've gained more weight." He observed.

Obi-One chuckled. "Who knew that would ever be taken as a compliment?" He crossed his arms with a not-altogether-innocent grin. "But none of it can be attributed to the?uh?dishes served at Master Yoda's meetings."

Qui-Gon felt the rumble of warm mirth in his throat. "Ah yes. Delicacies from the swamp."

"Gorghalian wet biscuits." The Knight's grimace mimicked, very well, the expression that came over most faces when that particular food passed through their lips. "A taste I sorely wish I would've remembered before I put it in my mouth."

"Hmmm." Qui-Gon couldn't help the laughter that broke free. "It isn't too often one is lucky enough to experience that first,

8. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, that was definitely the calm before the storm. That was waaaay too nice to last long. Bring on the fireworks, LE, we can take it. :D

Shaindl

9. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Now, Shaindl, I have no idea what you're talking about. [face_mischief]

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Your making it all to easy LE. There has to be a catch. Like the big bad memories coming back, or big bad Ani finds them (heaven forbid) having lunch togethr.

11. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked the little calm before the storm. I can just picture Obi-Wan's mouth clamping down as he bites into the old troll's bisquits... I just hope that things won't get back - but, of course, they will...

Good job.

12. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    I have to agree with everyone else here, this definitely looks like the calm before the storm. I do love the easy banter between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, and yes, I know, I should enjoy it now because it is likely to change. ;)

13. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    I'll go with that. It just keeps on getting better. :)

14. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Qui-Gon felt the rumble of warm mirth in his throat. "Ah yes. Delicacies from the swamp."

"Gorghalian wet biscuits." The Knight's grimace mimicked, very well, the expression that came over most faces when that particular food passed through their lips. "A taste I sorely wish I would've remembered before I put it in my mouth."

Hmmmmm, tasty. Good thing I had a light dinner tonight after reading this post. :D

15. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Shaindl No fireworks this post...but the fuse has already begun to burn out, if it's any consolation. [face_devil]

PK You know me too well. 8-}

diane Of course! :D

Sheila Yes...Enjoy it now. Moohoohaha.

Seraphena Thanks so much. [face_love]

MysteriousRaven13 Good thing. ;)

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Qui-Gon was accepting two menus from a scantily dressed waitress when the distinct call of one of his oldest friends filled the bustling diner.

"Well, well!"

Dex ambled over to their booth, wiping at his face with a tattered, stained rag. His wide form dominated the aisle, and his massive, loose-skinned belly peeked out from the white shirt and wrinkled apron he wore. His head looked as though it were almost piled atop his shoulders, with a graying black moustache concealing a plump upper lip. "This is quite a surprise!" He chortled, with his crookedly genuine smile.

Qui-Gon stood and was immediately enfolded in twin pairs of arms, receiving a jarring pat on the back when he broke away. "Good afternoon, Dex."

The alien laughed again, a thick, wheezing sort of sound. "Not every day you snot-nosed Jedi disgrace yourselves by comin' here. Were ya exiled?"

Qui-Gon chuckled and Obi-One smiled from his seat on the bench.

Dex's expression softened as he focused two pools of black on the Knight. The three had always had a great rapport, even when the kid really was a kid, and too uptight for his own good. As the years passed, Obi-Wan began to shed the confines of apprenticeship, and Dex was impressed by the level of dry humor the Jedi could so effortlessly display.

The two Jedi fit alongside the regular patrons of the restaurant. They didn't recoil from the crackling of grease or the occasional swear.

Simply put, they weren't under the illusion that some among their ranks were--they weren't little versions of the gods, just put down on the ground for a short stay.

So when they came by with a couple of inquiries, about a planet or a mining operation or whatever latest problem they were stuck with by the Council, Dex was more than glad to help.

But it had been---a long while since he saw them here, together. And much longer since he had seen the kid here.

It was a shame that someone as decent as Kenobi would be the target of something so ruthless. Dex felt a painful lump in his chest and he shook his head, catching the attention of Qui-Gon.

"Just be yourself." The Master mouthed silently.

Dex nodded, although the caution was useless. He only knew how to be himself--and it was still the kid, after all. He laid a blunt-fingered hand on his shoulder.

"You puttin' up with this guy?" He grinned. "That's a surefire way to lose your lunch."

Obi-One managed a slow smile. "Really? He told me the food usually did that."

Dex laughed. "Nah, he's always been a rotten liar! You're both just used to that fancy Jedi food. You don't know real grub. Speakin' of which, you guys know what you want?"

Obi-One started to say that he didn't, but the robust alien laughed again. "It's alright, kid. I know what you always like."

"And what about me?" Qui-Gon wondered, visibly amused.

"I know that, too. How else do I bring ya somethin' ya hate every time? That ain't just luck!"

Qui-Gon snickered against his fist as Dex disappeared through the swinging kitchen door.

"So, this dish that I always like?" Obi-One bit his lip. "Do I really?"

This time, Qui-Gon laughed heartily.

16. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    That was really cute. I liked the part about Obi-Wan checking to make sure that he really liked the dish and Qui-Gon laughing. Good, calm post. Okay, so when does the speeder hit the fan and spread blood everywhere????

17. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    "So, this dish that I always like?" Obi-One bit his lip. "Do I really?"

This time, Qui-Gon laughed heartily.
    [face_laugh]

I hate to see these good times end LE. I loved the interaction with Dex. :)

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I likehow Dex thinks that Obi has mellowed over the years.

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    IT'S COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    It's almost painful to watch this knowing what awaits them. But I can't wait for things to get really ugly, because then Obi- Wan will be able to show them all what he can do.

That little scene with Dex was really cute. :)

21. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was hilarious. I love the way you have written Dex.

22. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    diane Okay, so when does the speeder hit the fan and spread blood everywhere???? [face_shocked] Such a morbid attitude--not an entirely incorrect one, though. 8-}

Sheila Thanks. :)

PK ;) That's kinda the vibe I got when I watched the scene between him and Dex.

Jenny [face_devil] Why, whatever do you mean?

Nat It has been a long time since we've seen Obi-Wan, hasn't it? :confused:

Seraphena Thank you. :D

For awhile, they simply engaged in light conversation, not feeling the pressure to speak in any measure of seriousness.

Dex brought them their steaming plates. The heat wafted up around Obi-One's face and he smiled--he refused to think that he was nervous about eating a meal.

If all else fails, I'll just swallow-very fast. He planned out in his mind as he picked up a cold fork. Unless it's still alive, of course. He swallowed. Oh gods, what if it's still alive?

"C'mon now, kid. You look like you're in front of a firing squad. No one's died from the food yet."

"'Yet' being the operative word." Qui-Gon muttered. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to visit the lavatory?Strange, considering I'm usually running to it after I've eaten this slop."

Dex's amusement projected richly in the cramped space. "Have a blast, ya ingrate. I'll just be re-corrupting your old apprentice here."

"Then, may the Force be with you, Obi-Wan. Gods let it be with you." Qui-Gon deadpanned, with a sly grin, before departing.

Dex gave a bark of laughter, then plopped down on the vacated bench. "Don?t listen to 'im, kid. Without my influence, ya wouldn't be the fine, upstanding gent you are today."

Obi-One smiled. Faint color rose on his cheeks. "You and Master Qui-Gon must be great friends. I've never--heard him act that way before."

Dex rubbed at his bristly chin. "Yeah, we've always had a special relationship. Usually, I'd kill a fella who badmouths the food the way he does."

"How did you two meet?"

"Ha! You ask that kinda question to such an old codger. I barely remember what I ate for breakfast this mornin'." He sobered a little as he looked into the sightless eyes. "I do remember, real well, the first time I met you though. Ya came in here with Qui-Gon, your head not even to his shoulder. Ya barely said a word and all ya ate were ice cubes."

"How exciting I was." Obi-One smirked.

"But after awhile, ya became a food vacuum and I had to barricade the kitchen to keep you from eating the place out of business."

"Oh geez." The Knight groaned. "From all that I've gathered, I've had quite the reputation of being--a hog."

Dex chuckled. "There's no nice way of sayin' it. But, once you grew up, you were pretty much back to your preferred menu of ice cubes. Either way, ya drove ol' Jinn nuts." He wet his lips. "I can't tell ya how glad I am to see you friends with him again."

Obi-One's forehead wrinkled. "What do you mean?"

Dex's jubilant expression fell to grave. He saw Qui-Gon returning to the booth and frowned at his confused companion. "You're telling me he didn't--" But then he stopped himself. Not my place. Definitely not.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Qui-Gon was walking towards the table when he glanced out the window--and froze.

Strolling down the street was his apprentice.

What's Anakin doing in this area? What errand could Master Espella have assigned him down here?

He wanted to rush out and confront the boy, but Anakin was already disappearing into the crowd, and friends were waiting for him.

Besides, he probably has a legitimate reason for being here. Straightening slightly, Qui-Gon rejoined Dex and Obi-Wan.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

What were you saying about fans, diane? [face_mischief]

23. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, not good.

Unfortunately, it would appear that Qui has regrown his blinders to double-thickness. That's going to cause him some serious grief in the not-so-distant future. And with Dex making an honest mistake, the can of worms is about to have its lid blown right the hell off.

Can't wait to see what knots you cause, LE! More soon?

Shaindl

24. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm saying the fan has started to rotate and the speeder is on its way....

Great job. I loved that you had Dex start to tell Obi-Wan about Naboo. I just hope Obi-Wan is up to it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.