main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blurred Visions -Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU~*~NEW POST 10.8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    "I can't tell ya how glad I am to see you friends with him again."

Obi-One's forehead wrinkled. "What do you mean?"
    :eek:

OH NO! I guess it had to happen sooner or later, but... :_|

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Good heavens- you throw it all in at the same time. Appearance of Bratkin and Obi finding out that things aren't as hunky dory as he was led to believe.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

3. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    YIKES!

4. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    This would definately fall under the catagory of Opps.

5. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    While I fully appreciate the wonderful updates you have been giving us on Mists I feel I must draw your attention back to this story. While Dex didn't exactly let the cat out of the bag, he sure let Obi-Wan know there was a cat to be had so I hope you don't leave us hanging for too much longer. My grip is starting to slip! :eek:

Aren't you glad I'm back LE?! ;)

6. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    nag nag nag Sheila- but she's right. More??

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    But of course!

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    DUMMMMMMMMM DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM DMUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

9. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Hopfully obiwan will remember this whole time that quigon has been there for him, it should make up for what quigon did on naboo.

And yes dummm dummmmmm dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

11. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    I've just found this story. I'm only on page eighteen (dated 12/10/02) so far, but I'm in it for the long haul, and I will catch up pretty soon. I plan to read this until I fall unconscious from fatigue tonight.

Amazing! Cubed! I love how you turn nouns into verbs, your stunning use of visual words. I'm not good at analyzing writing styles, I guess I fall into the "I-only-know-that-I-like-it" category of fans. But I definitely know that I like your style, LuvEwan!

12. jedi_keladry

Jan 25, 2004
    Up up up up up!

It took me long enough, but I've finally caught up. Hey, it isn't easy to plow through a hundred twelve JC Board pages using dial-up. I'll stick to lurking after this, until something else is posted, LuvEwan.

Up up up up up!

13. Trigger292

Trigger292 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    I had forgotten all about this story until I recently got a higher speed connection--just to discover I only had about 50 something pages to catch up on. Great story!!! You can't just leave me hanging here though after all my "hard work" (course reading this story was a pleasure....) Anyway, can't wait for the rest. :)

14. jedi_keladry

Jan 25, 2004
    Okay, something else is posted.

Up up up up up!

:D

15. Darth_Bunny

Darth_Bunny Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2004
    Up!

Don't leave us hanging, LuvEwan! This is an exquisite fic.

16. OBI_GURL_KENOBI1

OBI_GURL_KENOBI1 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    Hey OBI_GURL_KENOBI1 here! I just found this story yesterday and did some speed reading. I give u props on it it's one of the best I've read. Especially the Anikan bashing. LOVE IT! MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    **trudges in, hiding face**

[face_blush]

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, you guys. :_| This fic has always been the biggest challenge out of anything for me, and currently I'm in a real corner with it. Thanks SO MUCH for all your ups and wonderfully sweet comments. I'm going to start writing again on this mammoth, and try to post it in large chunks once summer starts...that's only nine days for me... ;)

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I love you summer break :)

19. jedi_keladry

Jan 25, 2004
    *Keladry does the happy dance*

Hooray!

20. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Don't diss yourself. I mean, this is over 100 pages so far, right? 100 pages of some very thrilling writing. :) Plus you've shares some other wonderful literature, easily over a half-dozen short stories, vignettes, etc., all of them irresistible.

While I would love to read more of this story (just so long as there's a happy ending ;)), you have a life too. You've got obligations you have to meet...and running from pillar to post just isn't fun.

Take it easy, and I look forward to reading you again soon, whether it's this story or another one. :D

21. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Well, I just got back from iceskating in hell, so I have a post for everyone! :D

Shaindl Oh, not good Nope. :(

diamond Uh oh! My reaction exactly!

diane I loved that you started to tell Dex about Naboo. I just Obi-Wan is up to it... That remains to be seen! :eek:

Sheila OH NO! Don't worry. It's a little calm for awhile now...not for long, but still... ;)

PK I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop Why, what would give you the idea that that would happen? [face_devil]

jedi7 YIKES! Indeed! ;)

Seraphena That woudl definitely fall under the catagory of Opps Definitely. :(

jenny Thank you for the review. [face_love]

jedi_keladry What an ego-booster you are! :D Thank you so much for your comments, and your ups. ;)

Trigger292 After so long, you've probably forgotten it again, but thank you! [face_love]

Darth_Bunny Thanks! ;)

OBI_GURL_KENOBI1 Thank you so much! :)

Lurkalidth Happy ending? Well... [face_devil]

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Qui-Gon was walking towards the table when he glanced out the window--and froze.

Strolling down the street was his apprentice.

What's Anakin doing in this area? What errand could Master Espella have assigned him down here?

He wanted to rush out and confront the boy, but Anakin was already disappearing into the crowd, and friends were waiting for him.

Besides, he probably has a legitimate reason for being here. Straightening slightly, Qui-Gon rejoined Dex and Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan, increasingly sensitive to his surroundings as time progressed, smoothed out the brooding lines on his face and folded his hands. Perhaps he didn?t understand Dex?s wording?had misinterpreted his meaning. In any case, it was too small a matter to bother Qui-Gon with. Why turn a falling star into an asteroid?

Still, he couldn?t dismiss it completely.

He was beginning to understand that he wasn?t wired to take much of anything lightly. He didn?t act on impulse. Every situation was under his scrutiny long enough to be viewed from numerous angles. No, he would not ask Master Jinn about Dex?s comment?but he would not forget it, either.

Qui-Gon resumed his place at the booth and took up his fork, but there was something noticeably different, albeit almost imperceptible, in his expression.

The bulging entrepreneur didn?t act as if he was aware, and was only too happy to revert the conversation to merry topics.

Both Jedi participated in the talk, yet much of the spirit had been drained from them.

And Dex was immensely troubled, when they departed, to discover there had not been one wisecrack directed at his cuisine while they ate.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Obi-One passed the small, cold lead ball over and under his fingers, weaving it through like a thread. The movement redirected the panic from his heart to his hand, and he focused his mind entirely on that task.

But no diversion could last through the tumultuous emotion, the confusion that had bombarded him without warning.

"I can't tell ya how glad I am to see you friends with him again."

Again?

Obi-One turned his hand so that his palm faced upward, and the ball rolled into the middle of it. Again? When weren?t we friends? I don?t recall? The frustration tightened his fingers around the cool, round object. Even now, there was such an unimpressive list of what he could recall. Over half was already returned to him, he reminded himself?but at the shore of unknown waters, with a single question rising, it was as if he were a stranger to himself all over again, and unarmed against the current.

Perhaps it would not consume him so, this strange comment, foreign to his recollections, if it wasn?t for Qui-Gon?s behavior afterwards. Obi-One knew his former Master was not present during his conversation with Dex, but regardless, the man wasn?t the same once he returned to the table.

Jedi could sense thing

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Suspicions and mistrust abound. Isn't that what started the problems int he first place?

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Qui-Gon needs some sage wisdom. Maybe he could talk to Mace or Yoda. The apprentice thing doesn't seem to be easy for Qui-Gon... I still think he should call Anakin on the lie!

And Obi-Wan needs to call Qui-Gon on his!

Good job.

24. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Hope that Qui-Gon can work trough the suspicions and mistrust. If he cant't open up to Obi-Wan and be honest with Anakin both'll be lost. :(

25. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    PK and Diane summed it up for me. Nope, not very original, am I? :D

Great job, LE - so glad to see you've come back to this. :)

Shaindl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.