main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blurred Visions -Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU~*~NEW POST 10.8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I was so excited to see an update on this story LE. :) However, I hate that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are starting to hold back with each other, it will only make matters worse when the truth is revealed. :(

2. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    I agree with Padawan Kitara and Diane, too. Qui-Gon, just park that stupid pride and open your mouth, for Force's sake!

Dex was immensely troubled, when they departed, to discover there had not been one wisecrack directed at his cuisine while they ate.

That is troubling, indeed.

So what was he to do with Anakin?

Smacking him upside the head would be a great start. You make me love to hate him, you know that? And I usually don't hate Ani, he just pales when compared to lovely Obi-Wan. (And not just in looks, either.)

3. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Huzzah!

An update...finally (yea, like I have the right to complain about making people wait ;))!!!!!!

The post was great. Seems that Qui-Gon is running into a bit of trouble with both Obi and Ani. He's best be careful, else he end up back where he was before with Obi-Wan and completely loose all control of Ani.

Good Stuff...and I am guessing that what is yet to come is gonna be even better!

~The Captain

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Well, I have to give a huge thanks to diane, whose words in the Obi-Wan Workshop Thread suddenly jumpstarted me into another post, and I think worked me through the huge boulder that was wedged between me and the rest of this story. Thank you! [face_love]

And of course, thank you to my wonderful readers. =D=

PK Suspicions and mistrust abound. Indeed. :eek:

diane Perhaps both lies will be called. [face_mischief]

jeday Anakin could be a lost cause, but who knows? [face_devil]

Shaindl Thanks. :)

Sheila I was very excited to see some readers return. I've so missed writing this. It was always the best experience for me on these boards. Especially when I updated frequently. :( Thank you for your support. [face_love]

jedi_keladry I seem to bring out those sentiments towards Anakin in people. [face_blush] Thank you. :)

C_O Writer's block can be a real challenge. :_| But I'm glad to be moving forward with great readers like you. :D

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Two more hours found Anakin preparing for sleep, tossing his clothes in a pile and moving bare-chested toward his bed. He paused to place his saber with ever-reverent hands in a wooden holder he designed specifically for the beloved weapon.

A decade on Tatooine and a decade on Coruscant had taught him to be prepared.

There was a tapping at the door. He turned around to see his Master on the threshold. "Master?"

Qui-Gon took a breath, his keen blue eyes looking especially thoughtful--even troubled. "Padawan, I have always given you my trust."

Anakin felt a strange thrumming at his fingertips. Panic? No. Never. "I know, Master." He answered cautiously.

The man walked into the lamp lit bedroom with his arms crossed. His considerable frame threw a long shadow across the ground. "And in return, I've always assumed you would give me no reason to doubt that trust."

The apprentice's lips were like chiseled stone, pressed together. "What's wrong?"

"Anakin, I want to believe what you've said about Master Espella and that errand on the lower levels. And at the surface, I do." He glanced downward, to gather the strength needed to forge on, "But there is more to consider. More that, as a Master, I must consider."

The first molten sparks of anger ignited in Anakin's chest. "You think I?m lying?"

"As I've said. I don?t want to believe that. And I still trust you." Qui-Gon leveled his eyes. "Which is why I'm allowing you the chance to clear up any?inconsistencies that may exist between the story you've told me, and the one I will be told by Master Espella herself. I went to Dex's this afternoon with Knight Kenobi. I saw you, in an interesting area of town to concern business with a Jedi Master. Particularly Espella, who limits herself to lightsaber instruction and rarely leaves the Temple."

Anakin didn't avert his eyes from the intimidating stare of his Master. If he was to be revealed now, he wouldn?t do so in petty surrender. "If you truly trusted me, you wouldn't have to ask." His throat was bubbling up with ire, flushing his face. "You wouldn't have to run to Master Espella to hear her story!"

"I've accused you of nothing."

"Except deception, Master. A serious accusation, I would say." His fuming stare bore into Qui-Gon. "And wouldn?t a true Master, a devoted Master, already know the answer?"

Before Qui-Gon could muster a reply, Anakin had torn past him, leaving the Jedi in a cold stir of air.

He sealed his eyes. "Now I know." He whispered.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Anakin had enough wits about him to grab his cloak before fleeing the apartment, and he pulled it over his half-naked form. Every step pounded in his head. His head, spinning and shouting and crying out from the pain.

What did you expect? The deception was real. Did you think it would never come to light?

But to combat the voice was another, a voice that sounded foreign to his own, an inflection sour and cracked.

You are the Chosen One. Who shoul

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    What is that saying? "only a guilty person runs from the scene of the crime?"

You screwed up Ani!

I love that parting comment LE- gave me shivers!

6. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    He sealed his eyes. "Now I know." He whispered.

Let's hope Qui-Gon's newfound knowledge will make him keep an eye on Ani, I don't trust him one bit.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    And now it gets worse since Qui-Gon's eyes are opened. And Anakin's anger grows - always away from himself towards others more innocent than he.

Good job. Keep going!

8. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, wow, poor Qui-Gon. Why do I suddenly think it's going to come down to a battle between Qui and Anakin? How heartbreaking that would be for him to have to make a choice between his two Padawans.

Great job, LE - I'm so glad you're continuing this!

Shaindl

9. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    "Listen!" don't you hear that ominous music, I do and it can only mean trouble! [face_beatup] 7

10. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    PK I think Anakin's screwed up in more ways than one. :(

Sheila Thankfully, I think Qui-Gon's new knowledge will stick. ;)

diane I think that's always how Anakin's been about his anger. I mean, in AOTC after he killed the Tuskens he spouted about it being Obi-Wan's fault. *shakes head* [face_shame_on_you]

Shaindl Now, between those two, who would you choose? 8-} Seriously though, the last chapter(s?) are going to be downright awful for Qui-Gon.

jedi7 Someone turn up the volume! [face_devil]

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Obi-One's head was tipped against the back of the armchair. It was odd the pieces that came back to him, when he was lounging, and his mind was floating along the lazy lines.

From soft darkness rose lyrics from a song, the name of which he, of course, could not remember. A few of the words were a haze, but the rest shone clearly in his thoughts. Not slow, not fast, and he let the music string through like a dream.

When there was an uproarious pounding at his door, he was moments away from sleep, his half-lidded eyes shut completely.

Loathe to move, the Knight wet his lips and called, "Who is it?"

"Anakin Skywalker."

Obi-One sat up. An unexpected visitor, to say the least. But not unwelcome. Every encounter with someone from his past was another chance for discovery--although, he was a bit weary for such unearthing tonight.

He stood and made his way carefully to that place in the permanent pall where he knew the door would be, then palmed it open.

A rush of cool air came at him. For some reason, especially chilly, Obi-One observed. "Is there something you needed, Padawan Skywalker?"

"I just thought we could talk."

The tone was a little sullen, but not much different than Obi-One remembered from their previous interactions. There was the risk of awkwardness, for he was not well acquainted with the young man. But, as Qui-Gon's current apprentice, Anakin Skywalker would have at least a few things in common with Obi-One. Hopefully. "Certainly." He gestured with a hand towards the living area. "Come in."

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Qui-Gon knew he should go after the boy. This was no way to leave things, even for tonight. It was not his aim to upset Anakin. On the contrary, he had hoped this would bring them closer, bridge the gap that had stretched out since their mission to Naboo.

But Anakin had perceived it as a great mistrust on Qui-Gon's part.

Decades as a Master of the Order. I would have liked to have been better at it by now.

He started to leave the room, but his feet were bound to the floor, as memory and sentiment bled from every crevice.

This room. These walls. Over the years, they had housed hours of laughter, learning. For him, this space represented his life's work--and the only family he could ever truly claim.

But things were changing. He could sense it, as strongly as he fought it. Anakin was not the child he had been. Nor was Qui-Gon the same man he had once been.

Yes, things were indeed changing. Qui-Gon reached out to where his apprentice's saber was cradled, his fingers dancing on the edge.

Have I failed again?

What other choices had he? The Force was his ultimate guide, and he could not steer from that path divinely carved. And Anakin's mistake was not deadly Although, at that moment, Qui-Gon thought that maybe his heart would be the one to fail.

Ghosts wreathed his consciousness. Eyes of gold and green, a gaze of chiseled blue ice. His only lover, Tahl. And the apprentice who fell from his shelter, to the Dark chasm beneath.

Then there were the eyes of no discernable color, the shifting seas of cerulean and jade and slate. The eyes that moved aimlessly--for they saw no direction, no distance.

Obi-Wan. How can Anakin understand that I must atone for that sin? How?

Qui-Gon swallowed a jabbing boulder that lodged in his throat. Obi-Wan. Anakin.

And for some reason, ephemeral to his mind, those names brought back the moment when Anakin th

11. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    And for some reason, ephemeral to his mind, those names brought back the moment when Anakin threw Obi-Wan to the hospital floor.

He was out the door before his loud curse could echo in the dimmed Padawan quarters.
    :eek:

Obi-Wan's not in the hospital anymore and hopefully if Anakin tries to hurt him Obi-Wan will kick his sorry butt. :mad:

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    He is finally fiduring out that his little angel isn't so angelic

13. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Great realisation scene, LE! Poor Qui; he's tried so hard and had so many failures, and they keep coming back to haunt him. All he needs now is for Xanatos to show up and say "Hi, I'm home!" to make things complete. :D

Looking forward to more!

Shaindl

14. darth_keladry

darth_keladry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2004
    Anakin had been on the verge of tears. Now, they dried, replaced by something far less emotional. Far more intense.

If Chancellor Palpatine had been there in body, although he was surely at Anakin's shoulder in sinister spirit, he would have recognized the expression that overtook the young countenance.

And he would have smiled.

Yikes!

How heartbreaking that would be for him to have to make a choice between his two Padawans.

Well, I know whom I would choose, but my motives are certainly different from Qui-Gon's. Though the reasoning behind them would be the same.

Good grief! At least Anakin didn't take his lightsaber with him, though that's no guarantee that Obi-One is safe.

Even blind and somewhat incapacitated as he is, though, I still think Obi-One could kick Anakin's @$$. Without Jinn's help.

Listen to the Force, Obi! Don't let Anakin take you by surprise!

And for some reason, ephemeral to his mind, those names brought back the moment when Anakin threw Obi-Wan to the hospital floor.

He was out the door before his loud curse could echo in the dimmed Padawan quarters.

Though I guess I am glad that Qui-Gon is on his way.

15. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Up! I'm re-reading this (again), and it's much easier to find if it's on page one.

16. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    For some reason, this section kinda poured out of me. It didn't take very long--I hope that doesn't show in the writing. :D

Sheila Well, I don't know how much butt-kicking will happen in this post. But don't rule it out in the future. [face_mischief]

PK Definitely not angelic. [face_laugh]

Shaindl Xan you say? :D *runs off to add crazy plot twist*

keladry I don't know how much Qui-Gon will be able to help this time around.

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Anakin stood in the living area of Kenobi's apartment. It was not an easy thing to do. The man's presence, a strangely prominent light within the Force, was resonating from every inch of the place. And since his first days in the Temple, Anakin had resented-even hated that presence.

He could easily explain that to himself. If ever there was a tangible enemy of his life, it was this man, who turned his back on Qui-Gon, placed Padme's life in danger due to his own ineptness. That in itself was enough to earn Anakin's mistrust. But the last straw, the breaking weight, was that neither his Master nor his wife blamed Kenobi for his severe errors. Perhaps this blindness was contagious, spreading to the minds of otherwise intelligent people.

Luckily for Anakin, he was immune to whatever draw Obi-Wan Kenobi seemed to have on the rest of the universe. What he saw when he looked at the other Jedi was a failure, a lost and unworthy cause saved from exile by the scars around his eyes. If only he realized his own inferiority, and resigned himself to the shadows of this place, where he belonged.

But then Anakin remembered-there was a long time during which Kenobi had remained a resident of the darkness here. It had made no difference. Qui-Gon found ways to reach him. Anakin had to admit it. His Master had drawn Kenobi out.

Yet, Anakin was more than willing to work with Qui-Gon as a team. Where it had been the Master's mistake to lead Kenobi out of the Temple's distant backdrop, it was Anakin's duty to put him back.

Even Kenobi would understand it, one day. He was never meant to receive Qui-Gon's tutelage. Destiny was not so difficult to attain, that there was an obstacle at absolutely every turn. Eventually, Anakin's Master would know it too.

So Padawan Skywalker studied the shadowed room and its occupant with an almost detached air. The rage was still very much alive, running thick and fiery through his veins. But acting purely out of anger had cost him before. This time, he would be calm.

Obi-One felt momentarily for the couch, then sat on the edge. "Sit if you like." Then, he put a hand to his head, waving the other to bring up the lights. "I'm sorry about that. It doesn?t come natural anymore."

"That's alright." Anakin replied, careful to keep his tone neutral.

"What was it that you wanted to talk about?"

Anakin resisted the urge to leap right to the core of his passion. It was better to begin slowly. He had waited ten years for this moment. "Do you remember Senator Amidala?" There was the slightest tremble of emotion in his voice, "Padme?"

"Yes. The Senator from Naboo."

"I've just spoken to her today. She wanted me to extend her wishes for your complete recovery. She was pleased to hear you are regaining your past."

Obi-One smiled faintly. "Tell her I am grateful for her concern. She is a fine person."

"Yes, she is." Anakin had to breathe in deep before he continued. "I guess you might not remember, but she'll always felt a sort of?debt toward you."

A few wrinkles appeared on the Knight's forehead. "A debt? You mean because of the mind wipe?"

"That," The boy agreed, "And for what happened during the battle. After all, Master Qui-Gon was distracted trying to protect her. It's only natural she would feel a little guilt, although I think you can see that it's unfounded."

"What are you talking about?"

Anakin feigned a surprised tone. "What? You know, don?t you?"

Obi-One's heart was racing in his ears. "No. I don't. I don't know what

17. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, somebody beat the kid senseless, would they? What a little cretin. What will happen when Qui gets there? I doubt Obi will share who told him about Naboo. What will he do when he eventually discovers Anakin's betrayal? Not good, not good.

But good for us! Great post, LE - and no, it didn't show in the writing. :)

Shaindl

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    :mad:

beating him senseless would be too kind- throw him off the temple spires.

19. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey, look who caught up at last! Hehe, some very interesting posts. I see that Anakin has continued his Sithly wickedness... That was a harsh thing for him to tell Kenobi, but I'm just glad that he didn't poke a hole through Kenobi w/ his lightsaber... Anakin is certainly annoying...

20. Darth_da_Vinci

Darth_da_Vinci Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    :eek: ?

:mad: !

*Sputtering*

Why that...little...Sithly...

TWERP!!

[face_shame_on_you]

The way Qui-Gon reacted, I was scared that Anakin was going to try and murder Obi-One in there. But this is worse.

*Kel ignites her lightsaber and chases the little brat down the halls of the Temple, yelling at the top of her lungs*

The Brat is mine. [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup]

21. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    beating him senseless would be too kind- throw him off the temple spires

Throwing him off the temple spires is too kind as well. How about someone just skewer the little pain and roast him over an open pit till he's done extra-crispy and than feed him to a Nexu.

I hope Anakin gets the daylights beaten out of him. :mad:

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    You're right Raven; much better idea [face_devil]

23. MysticalMagic

MysticalMagic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    BOO!
    Oh my GOD...I'm not DEAD!!!!
    I bet you thought I was...If you remember me, lol. I actually used to read your story everyday. But, unfortunately I got...distracted. (It would seem for a long period)
    Anyway...I was perusing ff.n, as you do...and I came across your name, and I recalled this story and said OH MY GOD...then I became enthralled, spent hours catching up, read this latest update, and killed Anakin...*Looks guilty and runs away*
    *MM*

24. Darth_Chickweed

Darth_Chickweed Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2004
    *Keladry hoists this massive, fabulous fic back up to page one and runs off, singing a silly song with Larry*

25. darth_keladry

darth_keladry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2004
    Give me a "U!"

U!

Give me a "P!"

P!

What does that spell?

UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.