main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blurred Visions -Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU~*~NEW POST 10.8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticalMagic

MysticalMagic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    This story is so good LuvEwan. Now I can't think of anything else to type, so emphasis on my first point!!
    *MM*

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm just going to say ditto Sheila tonight :)

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Cascadia There's a pm in your box. :)

Shiela I'm kinda afraid to write the confrontation, with everyone looking forward to it... [face_shocked] :)

obaona Thanks :cool:

MysticalMagic Appreciate the review. And luv your name, by the way. :D

Padawan Kitara [face_love]

Be sure to catch tomorrow's post...And I posted the entire 'Matter of Strength' on ff.net, so I might not finish it on the boards.

4. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002

:D

[face_love]

I HIT ONE HUNDRED...AND A LITTLE MORE THAN THAT! YAY!

[face_love]

:D

:)

Thanks to everyone who reads!

5. Hromiko

Hromiko Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    I don't think Qui Gon's excuse is flimsy, he couldn't very well ignore the promptings of the Force. I mean sure it wasn't exactly the best idea to leave Obi, but how could he know what'd happen? You said he had faith in Obi's abilities in some previous post (I'm playing catch up for the last week), and he probably trusted the Force to be telling him the important stuff. It wouldn't've been right to stay with Obi just coz Qui liked him better than the queen. :) Boy, I'm hardly a Qui Gon fan, but some people are just so hard on him. ;) He obviously feels bad about what happened. Yeah, yeah, "I'm sorry" doesn't fix everything...

Great bunch of posts I just read, it's nice you write so often, I should've been checking more. I'm really looking forward to figuring out what went wrong between Obi and Qui, I mean other than the blinding thing, coz really it's not very Jedi-like to hold a grudge (which isn't to say it doesn't happen quite often...). Of course there could be a loss of trust being left unexpectedly to die at the hands of a Sith. :) I'm blaming it on taking Ani as an apprentice. Why? Eh, you'll have to explain that yourself in the story. :)

Hmm, look at the time, 2:30am, that must be why I'm getting loopy...

6. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Hromiko That's okay. I'm loopy all the time. 8-} Thanks for reading.

7. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    LE - just caught up on several posts - and it's going like gangbusters. You really grab your readers by the - AHEM - heart, and make 'em hang on for dear life. Great job, picturing QG's guilt and Anakin's brattiness. God, I hate that kid!!

Re uploading Word Docs. on ff.n - in a word, forget it. I know it must be possible, for I've read stories that include Word features - but the only time I've ever succeeded in uploading such a document, it came out exactly as if I'd used text, instead. So I no longer even try; I format it text-style, and use various symbols, etc., instead of italics, etc. If YOU ever find out how to do it, I'd appreciate a PM.

Great job, here. Keep it up - and I'm going looking for your story on ff.n.

CYN

8. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    CYNICAL21 I actually got some help from Cascadia, and two of my stories are successfully posted on ff.net. Thank you for your comments. Your work continues to be an inspiration to me. [face_love]

9. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    And 'A Matter of Strength' and 'Invasion of Mind' are on fanfiction.net now, in their entirety, though the latter may not actually appear until tomorrow.

Just wanted to tell y'all. 8-}

10. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan focused squarely on the door area, tuning in to the Force so he could sense even a wraith?s movement. His hands remained in taut fists, teeth clenched painfully. His breaths seemed to echo in the tense quiet.

For the umpteenth time during this dark, melancholy decade, he sorely wished he could see more than a veil of pure, thick black.

He heard a quick swoosh, and choked back an apprehensive cry. Who?s coming?!

Footsteps, light and brisk, approached. His nostrils were filled with the aromatic signature of Bant. Obi-Wan sighed, finally releasing the blankets from his sweaty grip.

The door closed.

The knight slumped back down to his pillows. Perspiration beaded his forehead. He felt rather hot, a tad faint. ?What---?

?I?m sorry.? Bant answered instantly. ?I told him to leave before and---?

?He was here before?? The question was offhand, as Obi-Wan tried to project indifference.

The bed creaked. Bant was now sitting at his side. ?While you were unconscious. He stayed a long time. Then I asked him to leave.? She paused. ?That?s what you would have wanted, right??

Obi-Wan bit his bottom lip, useless cerulean eyes appearing to be staring at the plain, spackling white wall. Silly notions floated through his thoughts. What if I talked to him?

Then, that wall slammed down. Erected of steel and borne of angry hurt, its purpose to shield him from?well, him.

Bant smoothed his hair, that always stood out in spikes, rebellious of her efforts. ?That?s what I thought.?

Obi-Wan nodded. He closed his eyes and contemplated slipping away again.

To sleep.

To that bleary, void place. Incoherent. So he could not hear the voices, whispering sharply that his life was a poison he forced down his friends? unwilling throats. Burden. Blind.

It was Bant who brought him back before he could being to go. ?I think you?ll be ready to return home tomorrow.?

He smiled, ignoring the growing ache in his temples. ?In your medical opinion??

She laughed. ?In my medical opinion, you should become a permanent resident.? Her inflection softened. Her soft thumb rubbed his palm. ?Personally, I don?t want to subject you to it. You?re still closest to my heart, even if you?re not always around.?

Guilt flooded him, and he grasped her hand. His days consisted of mundane missions that existed only to prove he was not ?out of commission?. Nights were ghosted by an intricately tattooed face, its glowing yellow and blood-stained eyes extinguishing his own sight. Little was reserved for trips to the healing level. ?I try, Bant. I---do what I can.?

The irritated flush drained from her cheeks. One look at this man, a stranger to his former self, and she was humbled. ?I know.? She smiled, and it killed her to know he was unaware.

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

He pressed the crisp credits to his nose, smelling the distinctness of them. The scent only procured through years of being exchanged by oily hands. A smile broke onto his rough, unshaven face.

Two dead businessmen.

One extremely satisfied client.

A quite pleasing equation, especially since the product of said equation was enough to buy him the sleek cloud car he?d been eyeing. And no hit man to deal a share out to.

He opened the desk drawer, and placed the stack of green bills in as if they were fragile glass sheets. He shut and activated the digital locks. After brief mulling, he shackled the mechanical ones on as well.

The man folded his hands to the back of his head. His ?office? was a smallish gray cube, with block walls and a noisy ceiling fan. Of course, he had a more impressive stead, near the country.

He grunted. Everywhere in this damn planet is country. Yawning, he stood and lazily strode to the room adjoined.

He immediately grimaced. ?Ugh, rank.? He recognized the pungent stench. Vomit was pooled in one crumbling corner. Not too far from that was a man, curled into a ball, shaking. With the pathetic fool?s s

11. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Okay, up's away! :cool:

12. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow LE two good updates. And a drunk Qui-Gon is never a good thing. It's so sad he and Obi can't sit together and work out their differences :(

13. MysticalMagic

Apr 16, 2002
    "And luv your name, by the way." WOW Thanks LuvEwan no one has ever said THAT before... your story is so good by the way, I'm hooked. When are Obi and Qui going to confront?
    *MM*

14. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    More, please. The highest compliment I can give. :D

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Doesn't Qui know the liquor won't make it better- only worse

16. MysticalMagic

Apr 16, 2002
    I agree with PadawanKitara.
    My god I can't stop replying to this story!

17. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Nice post LE! So it seems Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have not spoken in 10 years. It should be interesting when they finally do talk. I wonder what Obi-Wan's parting line was. I am sure you will let us know in your own good time! :D

18. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wonderful post, LE! Perfect blend of mystery and angst. And yes, I agree too about the drinking not helping Qui-Gon, the poor guy. He and Obi-Wan really need to talk.

Please post more. :)

19. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    You update too fast. ;) *is properly sheepish for missing last post*

Good posts, anyhow. I'm sad for Qui-Gon. :( Liquor don't solve anything, lil' man. *shakes a finger at the Jedi Master* Go talk to your apprentice! It's been ten years, you person! Go talk to him! NOW!

*is aware that she is shouting at an inanimate object*

And LE: go kill Maul! Pweez!

20. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    okay... Qui gave up way too easily... if he really wanted to see Obi, he would have tried and fought harder! Now hes getting drunk!!! No way... the guy is soooo stuck on his own problems! Come on Obi... you know you're not a burden to Bant!

Great Post!

~*Nik*~

21. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Ginger_Jedi I don't know about just sitting and talking everything out, but there should be some resolutions by the end...maybe. [face_devil] But everything's not going to be left tied up perfectly. Thanks for reading!

MysticalMagic It's always great to hook a reader...especially one with such a neato name! 8-} Okay, I'll get over that now...

obaona Any compliment is a great one. Thanks for continuing to read. :D

Padawan Kitara Can't argue with you there. Unfortunately, too many believe it to be a solution. :(

MysticalMagic Can't stop replying? Well, what's wrong with that? [face_laugh]

Shiela Yep, timing is everything!

Cascadia Talk is cheap. Qui-Gon should grovel at Obi's feet! :mad: .... :)

vader_incarnate Maybe I'll keep Maul around, just to annoy you. Hey, maybe he can even kill Anakin! What do you think? [face_devil] [face_laugh]

Nikita Maybe it's better that he gave up than stressing Obi out while he's still recovering. And about the liquor, I thought he needed another vice. (Not that he doesn't have his share!) Just another obstacle to overcome, I suppose.

'Til tomorrow!

22. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *waves a hand* Kill Anakin. I don't care about him all that much-- he annoys me muchly. Just try not to kill off the twins, Luke and Leia, because then I would really be sad. :(

My screenname actually refers to a fic of mine where I decided to darkside Luke Skywalker. ;) So-- I'm not as obsessed as I seem! 8-}

Keep Maul around? *giggles* The only reason he annoys me is that my six-year-old brother wanted to dress up as him for Halloween. I can't stand to look at red paints anymore.

Doesn't that just send all you preconceived notions of me crashing down around your ears? ;)

23. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *waves a hand* Kill Anakin

LOL!! [face_laugh]

Looking forward to a postie LE :D

24. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    vader_incarnate I wouldn't kill Anakin...that would meddle too much with the original. Besides, I have nothing against Luke 'n Leia. :)

Ginger_Jedi Thanks for the reply :D

Here's the post...

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Padme sat at her desk, a sleek oval top of Naboo?s finest wood. The sides were carved so that cherubs were holding it up with chubby hands and plump arms. Her office was quietly elegant, the walls painted to resemble the Naboo landscape. Her pale pink gown fit to her thin frame. Silk flowers trailed down the garment, spilling out at the bottom to form a breathtaking ring. A simple scarf of the same color and fabric was tied loosely around her neck. Two tiny sprays of baby?s breath held deep brown hair back from her temples.

Her cold, sweaty hands were clasped tightly together.

For all she knew, Anakin Skywalker could have never attained his dream, despite Master Jinn?s valiant efforts.

Or worse, he could be back on that sunburned land. The cruel, lawless world of Tatooine.

Releasing a breath, and momentarily sealing her eyes, the Senator pushed the holorecorder?s play button.

The red light blinked to life before her.

For a split second, she was stalled, mouth open.

Then the nervous schoolgirl fell away, to make sufficient room for the politician. She leveled her gaze, cleared her throat, and began:

?Chancellor Palpatine. You have always held our planet close to your heart, and offered every protection possible. Now, I must again call on you. On behalf of Queen Jamilla?On behalf of our people. You are a valued friend of mind. That you must already know.? A small smile. ?And I believe it is in Naboo?s best interest if-?

She hesitated then, the words fighting emission, before they came pouring out in a slurry. ?If you dispatch Jedi to aid in our kidnapping epidemic. Local authorities have been unsuccessful. Ileana Zimn, once married to the suspected ringleader, has agreed to aid our investigation. Though she has proved to be vital, the influence of Jedi upon the situation would increase our chance of foiling this underground system.? Her chestnut eyes darted to the floor, so near to closing the lashes brushed her cheeks. For all her professional training, she couldn?t bare to look directly into a mere recorder anymore. ?I eagerly await your response.?

Padme shut off the machine. More than you know.

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Ileana grasped his hands with hers, both pairs held at shoulder height. Their lips pressed. But it was not a delicate or tender experience. Sizzling, red-hot passion pulsed through the stale air. He pulled her to him, and she could feel the firmness of sculpted muscle.

?You haven?t told that Senator broad anything, right?? He gruffly asked between kisses.

Her mouth upturned. A lock of reddish hair fell into her face. Light blue eyes sparkled lovingly. ?Not anything accurate.?

He grinned.

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
    I know, totally devoid of Obi. Don't worry-tomorrow will probably be a jumbo-sized post, it being a holiday and all. :)

25. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You write these characters so well. Padme seemed so much like Padme. Your descriptions are always vivid and enjoyable to read. :)

Must have Obi post soon! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.