main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blurred Visions -Obi/Qui/Ani/Ami AU~*~NEW POST 10.8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    So, it looks like the Jedi are going to return to Naboo. This should be very interesting. :D

2. MrEggbeater

MrEggbeater Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2002
    Man o man! What a stinko fanfic! I could've pulled a better story out of my butt! And I have, long story.... Try harder and maybe you might earn my respect. But don't hold your breath. After all, you suck harder than a hoover. :mad:

Viva France!

3. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    What kind of reviewer are you, MrEggbeater? If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, just refrain from posting!

And I don't understand your "viva France" at the end. What does that have to do with anything? I'm French and love my country, but frankly I can't see a reason to put that here.

I loved this post, LuvEwan, and I'm a fan of your work! ;) Continue soon!

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Post later today. Just uppin'.

5. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Cascadia Thanks for the compliments! [face_love] And I read the latest installment of 'Remnants in the Mind'. Wow. [face_shocked] Totally blew me away.

Shiela Hopefully it will be interesting. :) Appreciated the reply.

Mr. Eggbeater I bet you smell (and look) like bantha poodoo. 8-}

Nat Thanks for defendin' me. But I can hold my own against that guy. I've dealt with him before. :mad:

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Anakin wiped at his nose with a tiny, fisted hand. Black circles rimmed his lower eyes. He had spent days in this smelly, boring place. Hours upon hours, just sitting on a plastic chair, sucking on complimentary lollipops. The artificial fruit flavor was growing tiresome. When would he get to go back to that wizard Temple again? Couldn?t they just leave the other Jedi behind? What good was he now anyway?

He shifted, folding his short legs so that his knees touched his chest. He rested his chin on them, head titled. The boy sighed.

In all the time spent here, he had been left in the empty waiting area, unless Master Qui-Gon decided it was alright for him to stay in the private room.

But that wasn?t good either. A bunch of annoying beeps and bloops, nurses coming in and out. And not even a single holo-zine to read. The older man would try speaking with him in polite (boring) conversation, though he was visibly distracted.

Then there was the worst part of all. Seeing the apprentice laying there, with that weird bandage wrapped around his eyes. All those tubes hooked to him, like he was a machine or something.

It was just a burn, wasn?t that what everyone had told him?

That was easy enough to fix.

It really shouldn?t have taken this long!

Qui-Gon must have read his mind, because he suggested Anakin should go and rest in the other room.

Anakin begrudgingly obeyed.

Now he was here, looking at the wall, waiting.

He didn?t understand what spell the padawan had placed on everyone. Didn?t they know he was the Chosen One? Qui-Gon was going to give Obi-Wan up, for a boy without training of any kind! A slave. That made Anakin better than him, even though Obi-Wan always regarded him with a snotty air. He?s just jealous.

Then, he heard the swoosh of material against the ground. He leaned forward to discover who was approaching.

His heart leapt into his throat. He stood up straight and beamed.

Padme was here!

Clad in a gray, beaded dress, the sovereign was walking right toward him.

Anakin resisted the incredible urge to jump up and down.

But , she suddenly stopped.

At Obi-Wan Kenobi?s door.

Her slender hand went to her mouth, stifling a vocal reaction. Moisture trickled from her widened eyes. She was shaking her head.

The boy took a step forward.

Padme looked up, catching sight of him.

He offered a weak, uncertain smile, a little wave.

Her head bowed. Her shoulders shook with silent sobs.

Anakin returned to his chair and plopped down, continually entranced by her. Agony lanced through his chest. I can feel her pain. She?s hurting! His lips quivered. His eyes narrowed. He looked beyond her, at the sleeping knight. Rage erupted in a fiery blush on his cheeks.

His fault.

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Abruptly, Obi-Wan began to thrash and moan.

Qui-Gon frowned. ?Obi-Wan??

The handsome features twisted. A sharper cry.

?Obi-Wan?!?

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
    Anakin watched a doctor sprint into Kenobi?s room. He smiled inside.

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Palpatine was thinking.

Still sitting long after Skywalker had departed, he was lost in contemplation.

The seeds had been planted. Now Jinn, that despicable simpleton, could offer peals of rain needed for growth. The boy was already certain he was the gold among dented tin in the Order. Arrogant?and resentful. What a lovely combination.

The elderly man chuckled, a sour sound. Fool. Prodigy that he was, Anakin Skywalker could not compete with the po

6. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Um, anyone there???

*echoes*

I didn't think the post was that bad! :_|

7. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Already impatient after a mere half hour? Yoda would send you off to meditate! ;)

Very nice chapter. Anakin is and was a prat. On the other hand it's (sort of) understandable, him being recently removed from his known environment and his loved ones... and the only ones he trusts and likes in his "new" life, Qui-Gon and Amidala, seemingly don't notice him. But his arrogance and attitude are hardly bearable...

More Obi-Wan please!!!!!! :)

Nicky

8. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm not impatient! [face_devil] Well, maybe a little ansy... Don't worry, Nicky, tomorrow's post is completely, utterly...OBI! [face_love]

9. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow... I've been lurking here but WOW! This is a great fic and I really love it.

10. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Wild_Huntress Thanks for switching off that 'lurker' mode. :) It's so much more fun when you reply! :D

And just wanted to tell everyone that in addition to my regular post tomorrow, there will be a new vignette. So watch for it!

LuvEwan

11. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post! :D

12. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks for the compliments on my fic, LE. [face_love]

Wonderful post. Anakin sure is a jealous little boy. And Palpy is just so arrogant.

And about the new vignette: If it's anything like Not My Intention, then I'll be once again swept away by the beauty of the words. I can't wait to read it. :)

13. Trigger292

Trigger292 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    LuvEwan--I just found this and it's very good...I keep having to come back and check to see if you've updated yet. Good work! Hope to see more soon. :)

14. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    Boy the brat really fixated all of his anger on Obi-Wan from start. It is just so easy to despise the little twerp. :mad:

Great post! I love the way you are slowly showing us what happened in the past through the eyes of the different characters. :)

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great flashback.
    Sorry to see that troll attacked your fic. I've seen him/it on other threads in the past. Hopefully he'll vanish again like usual.

16. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Could Anakin be any more despicable? Well... I'm sure he can and will! :mad:
    Very nice post, however a bit too short. It's too well-written for us to be satisfied with this length! ;)

*Eagerly waiting for more*

17. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    obaona Thanks! :D

Cascadia :) The vignette won't be ready yet. Unfortunately, I completely forgot the Hospitality Marketing essay due tomorrow. So by Wednesday or Thursday.

Trigger292 Yay! Another reader! [face_love]

Shiela Thanks for the compliments! 8-}

Padawan Kitara Yeah, hopefully he'll vanish for good. [face_devil]

Nat Short? Short?! I guess today's post could be a paragraph long! :mad: ......... [face_laugh]

Here's today's all-Obi post...By the way, I've had Episode II since midnight...How sweet it is! :cool:

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Two: Discord?s Winter

Autumn?s shriveling has met its end
    Dried leaves and bare trees
    The sky darkens and snow descends
    Smothering frost all one sees

The chill freezes a dormant heart
    Troubled soul, seek out the warming cinder
    To wait out this suffering, what has been endured from the bitter start
    Fix your hopes upon the horizon, and survive discord?s winter.[/b]

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan rubbed his fingertips over the raised letters of the cold, otherwise slick nameplate. His memory was remarkable vivid, but most trivial things were smudged with age. He could picture the square shape?shapes were simpler, because those were able to be felt. Colors were difficult. He recalled the nameplates were all gold. But what was that? Sometimes Bant used to refer to his hair as a ?ginger? shade-was that the same?

A trembling hand went to his forehead. Stop it. It doesn?t matter anymore. What difference does color make? He managed to key the entry code, then waited for the gush of air to alert him the door was open.

He stepped through into his apartment. Immediately, his focus was secured to his mental layout of the rooms. Twelve steps from the door to the couch. Three from there to the armchair. And the bedroom? Let?s stick to the basics for awhile. Pace yourself, Obi-Wan. It was a bit strange. He always referred to himself inwardly that way. His words were too instructional for private dialogue. They almost sounded like---never mind.

The knight returned to his task, beginning the short, carefully planned trek. One?two?three? He kept an arm raised, in case, for some reason, he was off.

He sensed his destination and, with a measure of caution, lowered himself to the soft cushion. Obi-Wan sighed, relaxing against the back.

His wounded shoulder ached dully. He massaged the damaged area. But the pain didn?t recede. He probably should still be in the healing ward.

This was a natural part of recovery, though, and what purpose did staying in that place serve? Bant needed to tend to her other patients. His situation didn?t really warrant around the clock care now. Rest was just as easily attained at home.

His muscles were sore and his limbs were heavy. The weariness was collecting in his head.

Obi-Wan stretched out on the overstuffed piece of furniture. He was in the process of finding a comfortable position when his arm collided with a hard object. The Jedi frowned. He pulled it from beneath him.

At once he recognized the smoothed wooden cane. Does she ever know when to let up? In her quiet, nondescript, sneaky way, Bant had slipped that cursed thing in his personal space! Sometimes I wish she was brash and loud and try to force the cane into my hands. Then I could yell at her and not feel terrible afterward! But, how could one ever be remorseless after treating Bant harshly? Honestly, you couldn?t.

However, her darling personality didn?t make him want to use that walking stick anymore than before. He dropped it to the floor and fully reclined.

He heard the air conditioning, pleased by the gentle stirring of a breeze in his hair. A sleepy smile stretched his lips loosely.

Obi-Wan lay for a few moments, sliding from his languid state to the numbing caress of unconsciousness.

Then, a horrible specter rushed to the front of his mind. A red and black mess. The dem

18. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    The length is fine, and I'll try to be patient and wait for the vignette. :)

Poor Obi-Wan remains haunted by that encounter with the Sith, but he won't take his frustation out on sweet Bant. Makes me wonder if Obi has any outlet for all of that frustration or whatever he feels.

Wonderful post!

19. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
  20. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I think he'll end up taking his frustration out on Qui-Gon. [face_devil] 8-}

Great post. :)

21. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    :_| My poor bonny.....
    ...Great post LE. ;)

22. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Is Obi ever going to be the same again!?!? He's soo lonely I want to reach out and hug him!!!! Does he have a chance to regain his sight at all? Qui you'd better be pushier and go see the kid!

23. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    At that moment, he missed the company of others. The support only those closest to him could provide.

He would not accept whatever was offered. He shied from the warm arms that sought to envelope him.

And grew colder.

This is perhaps sadder than his lost eyesight. He seems to have lost himself. :(

Great post LE!

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor Obi-Wan, he doesn't want to look weak by leanig on his friends for support. He is going to find out pretty soon what a mistake that is!

25. MrEggbeater

MrEggbeater Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2002
    Where have you seen the glorious King Eggbeater? At the TM Alliance? At the Habbo Hotel? In Blender Land, home of the Eggbeater? I demand an answer!

And to Nat, what are you talking aboot? I'm not French, ya cheese eatin' surrender monkey! Your just having delusional problems...

Viva la Canada, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.