main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blush Brush -Jaina vig, angst. slight Jag, Zekk, & Kyp, pre-TJK

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I came up with this. Its kind of personal, in a way. It takes place right after the Unifying Force. Jag had been gone for roughly eight months.
    ~~~
    Jaina Solo sat on her bed, staring at herself in the mirror on the wall. She looked gorgeous. Her hair was slightly curled. She wore make-up. Her clothes were perfect. One would think she was going out that night.

She wasn't.

Jaina was alone. The man she loved was far away. She had driven all her friends away. A couple of pilots had asked if she would be interested in going out that night. They said they would call. They had not called back for an hour. Jaina had been excited. She was ready to do something fun. She had gotten herself dressed up kind of knowing she'd be staying home. That's how it always was. She was always dressed up with no place to go.

Jaina held the brush to her blush in her hand. It was very nice; collaspable. It was silver and gold. She loved it. Nobody thought she could enjoy such things, but she did. Her mother had given it to her years ago. Jaina had stood in front of her mirror putting on make-up. She knew they wouldn't call back. Nobody did.

She had pushed everyone away. Zekk, her first real crush, was gone. They had grown apart. Jaina ran her finger over the bristles, remembering when she would do something simple like braid her hair to try and get his attention. She would get so frustrated when he didn't notice. One night her mother had told her that boys just don't notice things like that. It didn't matter now. He was just a friend, but now, he was more of a distant aquaintence.

Kyp was almost gone too. Kyp was a Master on the Council. He had been everywhere putting the galaxy back in its place. She missed him. She had never loved him. She found him attractive at one point, but that was it. Her and Kyp had helped each other, then began to drift. There was nothing she could do about it now.

Jag was gone, too. There was no a waking moment when she did not wonder if she had made the right decision. She missed him more than anyone, even Jacen. Jacen had gone off on some mystical hunt. She was hurt by his leaving, but if thats what he wanted to do, okay. It was harder with Jag. She missed him so much. She missed his arms around her. She missed his kisses. She missed hearing him whisper "I love you" in her ear. She never wanted to lose him.

Jaina stared at the brush. She moved it toward her cheek and swiped it across. There would be no call. There would be no one to come. She dropped the brush and walked to the fresher. She took a wet cloth and wiped off her face. She brushed away the lonely tears.

Jaina sat back down on her bed, picking up the brush again. It was soft to the skin, yet course. It was almost like her. She was rough on the edges, but soft to some. She slowly slid the gold piece up to encase the bristles, then brought down the silver cap and pushed down. She slipped the brush back into its spot in her small bag. She then laid down on her bed and stared at her hands, trying to ignore the painful cry of loniless.
    ~~~

2. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    *meep* That was so sad. And oh my goodness, very well written. I absolutely loved how it sort of told her stroy through her thoughts while she was getting ready, very nice setting. Amazing! :)

3. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    So sad...:_| very good. more?

4. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    So sad and so real, FelsG! :(

I'd be willing to bet that an awful lot of us have spent hours like that...

Beautifully written!

oldj [:D]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| So sad and so beautifully done! =D=

6. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    That's so sad. I know I've been through all that. You discribed it perfectly.

7. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    BottledUpInside Wow. That's quite a compliment. Thank you! [:D]

SoloFel_RebelGirl Thanks! I doubt there will be more. I don't know where I'd take it.

oldjedinurse Unfortunatly, that was my night last night. I decided to write a fic about it. Thanks!

VaderLVR64 Thanks!

princess_melissa Thanks!

8. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    :_|

Oh, poor dear, I feel so sorry for her - which is really good considering I usually am not much of a fan of Jaina. But this is just so heartbreaking! *cries*

Lovely, thanks for posting!

Ys, Fia

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, that was just heartbreaking. I could feel my own loneliness stirred by this. Excellenct viggie.

10. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Fiana_Novarr Wow, thanks!

Healer_Leona Thank you!

11. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Nice Vig. Very realistic. Poor Jaina.

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    SpiritofEowyn Thanks!

13. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    wow that's really good

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    goddess45 Thanks!

15. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    wow... good job.... ill keep reading

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    skywalkerlover00 Thanks!

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Upping just because. :)

18. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    awwwwwww

that really was quite sad, glad u upped it goddess i would have missed it otherwise.

even if it is J/J it was still beautiful.

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JayaMioneDurron I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Thanks! :)

20. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I read this and could have sworn I replied...

Guess not, but I'll rectify that now.

Overall, I was very impressed with this angsty piece. You've captured Jaina perfectly, I think. Always alone, always dressed up with no place to go. Her own thoughts and fears... mirrored by your own. I was saddened to read that a similar experience inspired this sad, lovely viggie. I am however, glad you thought to share it with us.

Thank you, FelsGoddess.

21. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Oh that was so sad, but it felt so real. I think you did a great job of capturing Jaina's feelings at a specific moment in time. Well done =D=

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_Max I think many of us have had nights like that. At least a fic came from it. Thank you for reading!

TKeira_Lea Thank you very much!

23. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wonderful Fels.

It's so sad that she wound up alone. :_|

Hopefully she won't stay that way. [face_praying]

24. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Lola64 I hope she doesn't. [face_praying] Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.