main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BmXXX: Profanity, Violence And Strippers. It's Got My Seal Of Approval.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Bmxxx Don't worry, the website is not X rated or anything.

[image=http://www.bmxxxx.com/bannedads/images/ad_04.jpg]

For those who aren't familiar with the game, it's basically Tony Hawk on a bike. But now it's going one step further. In the wake of GTA people are starting to see the marketability of more adult content/humor in video games. You can expect to see pimps, ho's, doggies going at it, balloons going at it, pretty much everything going at it, pron and strippers, lots's of strippers. [face_mischief] But this just ain't a gimmicky video game, it still has some rock solid gameplay.

Features

- With the addition of Flatland riding, we now feature over 2000 different tricks.

- Create-a-Rider and Park Editor gives you the choice to create your own BMX experience (clothing optional).

-Mind-blowing mature content that will have you belly laughing and coming back for more.

- Hilarious scripted events written by Hollywood's best comedians.

- 8 massive levels featuring superb game design and all of the freestyle BMX disciplines like park, street, vert, dirt and flatland.

- Authentic competition levels - compete against other hardcore riders at UGP's Roots Jam 2002 or at the fabled Rampage Skate Park.

- Challenge your friends with a wide array of split screen multi-player games plus, for the first time: Paint Ball BMX, Strip BMX and more

Certain events are triggered by you doing moves with your bike. For example there is one part where a school bus pulls up and all the kids hang their butts out the window to moon you to which you can respond by grinding your bike across their butts. Or another incident has a guy on the guillotine you can do a trick off the lever to send the blade down and lop off his head, resulting in a nice squirting fountain of blood :eek:

[image=http://www.bmxxxx.com/thisisbmx/screenshots/images/screen_03.jpg]
    Pimpin Ain't Easy.

Apparently there are missions in the game where you have to help out your friendly neighborhood pimp. Who rewards you with one of his fine ladies. There are also missions where you have to give some of his Ho's a lift, so they can meet their next customer, I'll let you figure out a proper reward for your good deed.

[image=http://www.bmxxxx.com/thisisbmx/screenshots/images/screen_01.jpg]
    As you can see clothing is not an option when creating a rider. :D

Oh yeah I forgot about the strippers. Apparently there are strip bars that you can go to and when you do your treated with video footage of strippers performing in a bar.

They have a teaser video up at the official site I posted above. Which I won't link to because of the use of two naughty words and humping balloons. :p

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) i(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\::::i
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

2. Kenobi217

Kenobi217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2002
    I have a bad feeling about this..it seems like they are just attempting to cash in on the new violence/adult content fad..but maybe it's because I've never really liked BMX games..who knows.

3. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    An even better game is Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Valley Ball ;)

4. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    When I first heard about this game, it sounded like utter crap on a disc. I complained about how Acclaim had gotten so desperate that they'd decided to ruin a perfectly good game by putting all that crap into it. But the thing is, the game is starting to shape up. It doesn't look too bad after all. The only thing is, if it does include all the stuff they're talking about then it'll be rated AO and alot of stores don't sell AO games and stuff. Hmm...I wonder what'll happen then.

5. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    DOA EV seems pretty tame compared to this, it's just girls in bikini's with super bouncing silicone.

[image=http://199.72.125.57/Wayne/gifs/anim/beavis4.gif]
    "I want my violence, profanity and strippers, NOW! :p :p :p

All kidding aside this game is being developed by the same guys that made Dave Mira Bmx 2 and Agressive Inline(great game). So I'm pretty sure what we'll be getting is some nice solid gameplay to go along with all the outrageous content in the game. The gimick will sell the game but the gameplay will hopefully keep us hooked.

-----signature-----

6. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    It actually looks to be a pretty decent game. I may rent it when it comes out just to see what it's like, but this isn't the type of game I generally buy. But the press negativity I see coming from this title isn't too good.

Hah... DOA Volleyball... with a confirmed nude mode, last I heard. That should be interesting.

7. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    anything with profanity, nudity or hot polygonal women has got my vote :D

8. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Itagaki himself stated there would be no nudity in DOAX some time ago, I believe.

9. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    "Hah... DOA Volleyball... with a confirmed nude mode, last I heard."

Last I heard, it was confirmed that there was no nudity.

Heh, Nai just barely beat me to it.

10. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Wow, that was a close one.

11. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    No, according to OXM there is a swimsuit that doesn't have a top.

12. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Did they actually report that or is it just speculation on their part? Either way, I'm more inclined to believe the creator of the game than OXM.

13. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    This game sounds lame. The gameplay will probably suck and the only reason that they are putting all of the erotic crap in it is so that you can get a bunch of 13 year olds to buy it. It is a pure marketing ploy and a waste of time and money. Go get a real game.

14. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Watch it Vezner, it's getting plenty of money from 17 year olds as well.

15. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    If that's so, they can get their rise by checking out their Daddy's Playboys. Some people need to control their urges...

8-}

16. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Personally I don't understand people getting excited about pixilated nudity when there are so many sources of actual nudity in the world. It seems kind of odd to me to drool over some high-tech cartoon character playing volleyball topless, or riding a bike topless. Not to mention it will probably lead to some problems. Parents will buy it for their kids, thinking it's harmless "How can a bicycle game be bad?" Maybe they'll even get warned it has an M-rating, but I've seen parents gloss over that. I just know some mom is going to walk in, see little Timmy staring at actual strippers on screen, and suddenly little Timmy doesn't know why he doesn't want to bother with the bike part any more. Then Joe Lieberman is called.

So, with an M rating, the game isn't meant for kids, but if an adult is buying it... why wouldn't the adult just buy a Playboy or subscribe to Cinemax?

I'm not a fan of censorship, and so certainly I'm not going to rally against the game. In fact, I'm all for it. I just hope companies don't expect me to buy a game simply because there's nudity in it. Plot and playability will always draw me in over gimmicks. ... Unless the gimmick is being able to steal a tank and run over pedestrians. ... But that's not really a gimmick is it? That's playability baby!

17. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    I just don't like it when it is obvious that this game is being made to appeal to teens and their hormones. It is major exploitation. I also personally think that blatant immorality is a big problem in the world today. I am probably the minority in this crowd but I also have the freedom make my gripe. ;)

18. Darth_Spiegal

Darth_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    *Agrees wholeheartedly with Vezner*

I don't want to go on a rant, but this kinda thing is lame.

19. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>This game sounds lame. The gameplay will probably suck<<<

Umm, Vezner the gameplay will most likely be up there with Agressive Inline (great game), It's being developed by the same people. Gameplay should be pretty solid. :D

Wampas It's the humor involved in the game that should make it fun not the nudity. Take a look at the teaser trailer, there's no nudity to be seen anywhere but there is plenty of humor. Hell that pimp in the trailer alone is enough to make me want to buy this game.

-----signature-----

20. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Yeah but the point is that they could have made the game "funny" without the use of immorality. I'm sounding like a stiff here but seriously, the blatant nudity is getting out of hand now days.

21. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I think the difference is when something is a major selling point, without being a factor in the game, and when it's an important part. Obviously you couldn't have Grand Theft Auto without carjacking and all that carjacking comes with. But you said that the trailer was funny without nudity. So why put it in there, and why make sure that every gaming magazine is aware of this? Plus, I think the company is overlooking one major flaw. What about gamers who will shy away from the game because of the nudity? If the gaming companies are seeking a more adult audience, than that means people with wives and kids. "Hey honey, I'm buying a BMX game... it has strippers." "Sure thing dear." Some people might not buy it because of the nudity.

I don't have the same problem with immorality that Vez has. After all, I think a little artificial immorality is good for people. It's serves the Id quite well to run around in a virtual world and do unthinkable things. Now, I do think there are boundaries, and this game isn't crossing them by any means, but I still think from everything that I've heard, the nudity is out of place in this game. It would have made more sense in Leisure Suit Larry, or even the Sims where activities center around getting involved with people.

22. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>But you said that the trailer was funny without nudity. So why put it in there, and why make sure that every gaming magazine is aware of this?<<<

Wampas head over to the official site and see if you can find any mention of nudity. Check out their features section, you will notice no mention of nudity. Even in their release statement there is no mention of nudity. Their focus is on humor and BMX stunt riding thats what they are using to market the game.

Press Release

>>>From pedals to pimps, to stunts to strippers, BMX XXX has consumers abuzz with its envelope-pushing humor and jaw-dropping scenes. Featured on the August cover of Game Informer magazine, the game will feature thousands of scripted jokes and events created by some of Hollywood's top comedic writers. BMX XXX has been a very hot topic among the media, who had the following to say about the game:<<<

How is not catering to the Disney crowd a flaw? GTA3 did just fine with it's murder and mayhem, in fact isn't it the PS2's highest selling title in Europe and North America?

-----signature-----

23. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    It may not be in the press release, but in every video game magazine I've read, there's always a picture of some woman on a bike with a black bar across her chest. Maybe it's not in the press release, but until the game is released, the gaming company does control what images are released to the press.

And yes, GTA3 sold seven million copies and is still selling more, but I think people view violence and nudity differently. It's a strange thing, we expect kids to grow up and eventually have relationships with other people, but not run around shooting one another. Yet somehow, parents are more likely to let their kids see horror films than movies like Porkies. It's harmless fun versus the perceived taboo.

But as I've said before, I don't mind that they're putting things like this in a game, just as long as they don't expect me to buy it just because of that.

And I do have a question. The reward for high scores is video clips of strippers. Can these be turned off, so that the game has more of a PG rating, and what about females that play? I know a few women at work that play Tony Hawk. Do you think they'll play a game that rewards them with female strippers?

24. Dire_Wolf

Dire_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Well alot of you are sayiing how nudity is bad, but the fact is that sex sells. Sure they may lose the little kiddies and the females but that fact is that its likly to attract more males, and they are the larger part of gameing.

My feeling is that if a company want to make a game like this lettem. Who cares? And Why would you care? If you dont like it. fine. your choice. Its not like anyone is forceing you to play it. What get me is parent groups trying to tank a game because its "bad". My veiw on that is "you dont like it...dont play it. And do your job as a parent and dont let you kids" Its the same with T.V. Instead of making sure the kid doesnt watch violent T.V. they want it all off T.V. I say do your job and leave other people alone.

25. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.