main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bo Shuuda! Return of the Hutts

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Although I have seen several early spoiler reports, and heard a few rumours, I have yet to see a thread on the possible Return of the Hutts.

The rumours I have heard are thus:

1, Leia asks a council of Hutts for funding for the Rebel Superweapon.
    2, Several full sized puppet Hutts were created for the film.

I don't know if either of the above are true, or have been discredited, as it has been a while since I have heard either.

I am very interested in how this plotline (if legitimate) plays out. Leia has already killed one Hutt, which might not sit too well with the others.

I am also very interested in Hutt animatronic technology.... Puppet Hutt trumps Digital Hutt any day of the week, but Puppet Yoda just wasn't the same in (the original cut of) The Phantom Menace. I assume now they will be done with a mixture of puppetry and digital technology ala Where the Wild Things Are.

I also have a suspiscion (but no evidence), that if Disney has made these Hutts, they may only be a Cameo in The Force Awakens, but they may plan to utilize them further in the Spinoffs or future sequels.

2. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm fairly certain that several sources have now said they're pretty certain that the Hutts won't play a part (which is disappointing, in my opinion).

HankSolo and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I would love it, and they played a big part in my own little EPVII story/synopsis.

But I haven't heard anything about Hutts in EPVII at all.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  4. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
  5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Random pic post.

Mod edit: Inappropriate

Flapjack4 and Bennihana like this.
  6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Maybe they will play a part in the Live Action TV series.

7. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Yeah, I was hoping to see Leia confronting the Hutts, that would be a great scene no doubt. Maybe it's from Arndt's draft?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    (If the rumours are true) They wouldn't have built them if they were from a discarded draft...

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    As I said in a different thread, I've been reading through "The Han Solo Trilogy" lately and have really gained a new appreciation for the Hutts... It would be great to have more on-screen expansion of their culture, etc, but I really doubt they're the kinda thing we'll see more of with the new direction Disney is going. Guess we'll see in December!

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Surely they will use the Hutts, look how successful Pixar was with Shrek. LOL

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    If they were constructed I think OP is right and I have a feeling the Hutts are gonna be for a spin off but it would be awesome if they made an appearance in TFA :)

Just thought I'd throw this into the ring though....I was working on a comedy show before Christmas. A full size rubber Jabba costume was constructed for a Carrie fisher skit....is it possible someone caught a swift glimpse up at the workshops and put 2 and 2 together to make 5?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I thought I heard there was concept art of Leia surrounded by her guards talking to several Hutts, but the idea of Hutts as a practical effect didn't work out, because shooting them was too difficult due to their size. Therefore it was abandoned. It was a rumor and I can't remember from whence it came.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  13. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    The Hutt's can pop up as many times as they like for me over the trilogy, there does seem to be a dearth of creatures in these TFA rumours. So far we have Rose, Bob and Naka. But where are all the deadly species hiding?

my kind of scum likes this.
  14. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002

You underestimate Bobs powaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Dak Oolron likes this.
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I hope we do see Hutts. MSW doesn't seem so sure now, though, although their last article on the Hutts mentions a source saying that the scene in question was incredibly hard to shoot because all the Hutts were practical creations.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  16. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Are you suggesting that Bob aka Uber the main antagonist was under our noses all this time? Fiendish!!

Dak Oolron and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  17. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Bob is the trilogy's main antagonist (see:The Emperor.)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    only if the story calls for them.

19. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I'm sure it is story pertinent if the scene, as alleged, is Leia negotiating with them... supposedly for a loan.

Do the Hutts know she killed Jabba? Surely there are rumors, but is there evidence? What does Leia have to trade away, other than her dignity, to get what she needs from the Hutt Lords?

Of course they could always plop one in the background as added "color"... like a Rodian here, an Ithorian there. (They already did it once with Gardulla), but I think they will be utilized more significantly than that. It may only be one scene or sequence, it may be nothing more than a hologram. But I believe that scene will have some weight to it. (pun fully intentional)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  20. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
  21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Probably just background characters.

22. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Puppet yoda just wasnt the same in phantom menace = now the hurts have to be half digital. No I don't think so.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  23. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Hutts in suits?

I would love to watch a Hutt in TFA, but i also suspect they will show up in either one of the spin offs or the scheduled live action tv series. But it will have to be a vicious, hardcore version. They are gangsters, not comic side kicks, puppets you laugh at. They will have to show the darker side of it. When i was a boy, i had the Kenner Jabba playset, and boy we had a lot of fun with that. Salacious Crumb, i don't know where he is now, we lost him, he is buried somewhere in the woods, but we did not care that much. Much worse when we lost a Kenner Leia Organa at Bespin figure. Only to later find it, in my friends dogs mouth. Dog had bitten the head off.

[​IMG]

24. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Favourite toy EVAHHHHHH!

Othini and my kind of scum like this.
  25. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    That was my favorite toy as a kid too. Loved that thing. (and the new 3 3/4" set from Hasbro a few years ago is amazing - came with the pillows, even. So detailed... but I digress.)

I was really excited for this scene when it was first rumored. After seeing the Hutt council in TCW, I would love to see more of them show up live action. And while I usually have no problem with CGI, I agree that puppet Hutt is the best Hutt.

Honestly, so far, TFA is seeming to be *very* human heavy ala ESB. I'm hoping the next trailer shows us more alien life.

Dak Oolron and Othini like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.