main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bo Shuuda! Return of the Hutts

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Indeed, where are all the creatures? With claims being made of dozens or more pieces of concept art being seen, there seems to be a real lack of descriptions when it comes to non-humans.

my kind of scum likes this.
  2. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014

Aside from Rose, MSW have described a number of alien and creature concepts in their regular updates.
    A few of them here:

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/01/concepts-star-wars-force-awakens-fat-moebius-man/

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/12/c...ens-nomads-tuskens-tauntaun-skulls-wickermen/

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/concepts-star-wars-force-awakens-classic-heroes-exotic-city/

I assume this is part of the flashback to Luke's academy:
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/concept-star-wars-episode-vii-muppet-babies/

Flapjack4 and Rabs like this.
  3. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Definitely need all sorts of alien life in Star Wars.

4. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

The Hutts could show up in the Live Action Tv Series.

I Agree.

5. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Thanks, that's great. Interesting to see how these descriptions fit into the breakdown MSW has given us. I haven't seen much discussion about these pieces of concept art. Especially this article... http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/concepts-star-wars-force-awakens-classic-heroes-exotic-city/ ... involving Han and possibly Kira/Leia. No Finn?

Glad to hear more of some creature action anyway. Shame a slippery Hutt isn't being described in these articles though :)

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i got ripped off! i never got the pipe, cord and bowl in my jabba set. never gotten over it.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This is one of my biggest fears, actually. I hope JJ realises that Star Wars is not Star Trek. There were virtually no proper alien-looking aliens in his Star Trek films at all, with the exception of a couple here and there. Into Darkness, especially, was really lacking in this regard, IMO. Star Wars has always been light years ahead of any other sci-fi movies or TV shows when it comes to depicting aliens. After all it is set in another galaxy altogether.

Flapjack4, my kind of scum and Rabs like this.
  8. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    That's my main hope for the trailer. Moar aliens!

So far, we know we have wicker men, Rose, some aliens in her pub, Chewie, and possibly peanut-shaped, forest-dwelling squids. I'm really hoping that the Hutt council rumor somehow pans out, but according to MSW, there doesn't seem to be any sign of it.

9. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Could the squids be Kit Fisto's race?

10. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Nah we're talking classic tentacle monsters rather than humanoid according to MSW's description. Hope this one pans out, tentacle monsters are boss!

thejeditraitor and Wildcatbarry like this.
  11. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

There's a cantina. No one of our generation would miss that opportunity.

12. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Oh, I expect Rose's pub to be full of aliens. I'd just like a key alien character (apart from Rose). Would be perfectly happy with a council of Hutts, but could also go for something new. As long as it's an iconic design, and serves the story well, I'll be happy.

I am a little worried, though, as JJ gave us such a random and poorly-integrated use of aliens in Star Trek. Kirk is on an ice planet, and so he throws some beasts in there to run him down. I'm hoping that whatever key aliens he gives us for TFA, they are embedded in the story and the culture of the GFFA, such as Jabba, the Rancor, etc. Random beasties are fine, but they can feel a little tacked on. At least in ESB, for example, a huge part of the story was that the rebellion had to have its headquarters on a hostile planet. The Wampa fits into that larger thread. JJ's alien creatures in ST were just pure action-fodder, and not connected at all to the main narrative. And they didn't really look right for the environment either (especially the red one).

Give us aliens, but make 'em count.

13. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I don't think we have anything to worry about in regards to a lack of word on creatures, it's no accident the first thing we saw was Bob. In my mind that was a mission statement "We know what you like and you're gonna get it"

If we take any of the movies, each one maybe has 1 or 2 characters with a substantial role and are alien but each (aside from Empire) was populated with awesome creatures that we would never have even heard about in the run up to the movies. I see this as no different and I'm 100 percent sure we'll get some fantastic creatures to add to our action figure collections in the same vein as squidhead, yak face, hammerhead and prune-face.

14. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Agreed. It would be interesting to see the Hutts acting as a villain unwittingly working for a Sith Lord (moreso than in TESB).

15. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Well, I hope, AT LEAST, when Disney finally brings Star Wars Land (or whatever) to their Theme Parks, there will be a full scale Animatronic Hutt Throne Room you can walk (or ride) through...

16. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Pretty Ladies will wear their Leia Slave Girl costumes and have their picture taken - I have foreseen it.

thejeditraitor and LottDodd like this.
  17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.