Board Announcement: New Header Navigation Layout

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kadue, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Tayschrenn Jedi Master

star 4
    Good idea, love it, well done.

Tayschrenn
  2. cavalier_one Force Ghost

star 4
    Takes a little getting used to, but I like it.

One suggestion:- in the Literature forum, we have the links to Timetales and the Timeline. Is there any chance of a link to the CUSWE?
  3. MushroomHead Jedi Knight

star 3
    Interactive history my a$$. I wanted flashing lights, dancing bobas and slow mo bannings and all i got was this lousy t-hread.

Otherwise ahm doon wit it, och that oi ahm.

At this rate you'll make it past n00b status in no time, kadue me young lad.
  4. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm liking this new feature. Seems really useful.

Erik
  5. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Looks great. Should save new users a couple of posts looking for the information.

Bravo! :cool:
  6. GasCabbie Jedi Master

star 4
  7. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    This is fantastic!!!!!
    It's a HUGE help in the activities forums, especially FanFilms, to have usefull reference threads in the header!

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun!
  8. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    We tried to pick the main threads that are often referred to. I think we managed to get the right one's for the AOTC and Episode III Forums. The biggest problems in there are questions being asked that have been asked many times before, redundant threads, and other such topics. It will take a while to read through the 100 or so posts in here. So if you have a specific comment and/or recommendation for the headers in the movie forums, please post in here or PM me. Thanks. :)
  9. Booster-1986 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry to be a naysayer, but i find that the header bar(s) are getting too complicated .. too much information. the best way would be to simplify the headers ... ideally pop-ups or rollovers ... I say this from experience as someone who does this in real life.

Having said that. the goal is one I supoport.
  10. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Point taken. I'm not sure if the system has rollover capabilities programmed into it yet. I will say that in terms of moderating and providing links, the headers are extremely helpful. It essentially made the most commonly used threads "sticky".
  11. aardvark Jedi Knight

star 1
    A great feature, but it doesn't look too good on my 800*600 screen. On the AOTC page, the headers fill the screen, you have to scroll down to find the threads.
  12. LittleJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, I'm glad this has been added. it's cool. I'm still getting used to it though - pages keep loading and i keep thinking 'argh! where'd that thing come from!?' ;) :D
  13. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It does look really weird, I think they should be below the navigation row...

Anyway, it's a good concept, but I don't think that the links should extend past "Terms of Service". Everyone used to ToS spilling into another row won't be bothered by it, and those who don't have ToS on another row won't be.

¤Night
  14. Melyanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Kadue - I know almost nothing about HTML, but you said that you can't separate the header and footer code. How is it that at the top, after the link to the forum, you have the title of the thread, but not at the bottom? Again, I know next to nothing about coding, but it would seem to me that if you could have one at the top and not at the bottom, you could have these at the top and not at the bottom.

Just a thought.

Mel
  15. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The 'Forum Announcements' seem a bit unnecessary in certain forums. Are these removable from the 'sticky' links at the top, or are we going to be looking at the same forum announcement for the next few months?
  16. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, the Announcement section can be removed. I just put that generic one up across all the forums so that everyone could see we had the option, and to direct all discussion here instead of separate threads in every forum.
  17. Amidala-Leia Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the new layout. It puts answers to questions right at the top and bottom of the page so people shouldn't miss them.
  18. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Padawn_JB Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's cool. Although I was like 'what is going on?' when I saw all these little extra things on my screen. :)
  20. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Sounds pretty cool. Good job, guys.
  21. DUSHONI Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks decent to me...
  22. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I really like it, it has more of an edgy look and with the new header, i doubt any newbie can resist but read it. :)
  23. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks Kadue. I like the new layout, the pinned threads are a big help. Some forums don't benefit from them as much as others though. I don't think they're really necassary in Community (as anything of importance would be in Communications or Welcome), but it's really, really nice having them in Collecting. :D
  24. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I think it's a great idea. Keep it up.
  25. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Give me a week and I'll love this. :)
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.