Board Announcement: New Header Navigation Layout

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kadue, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Force Ghost

star 5
    didn't Casper Knightshade come up with this idea? he kept talking about it a while ago
  2. LUH-3417 Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't like it. too much stuff to look at.

-Captain Bringdown and the Buzzkillers
  3. Bail-AnBillies Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks kinda congested...other than that cool :)
  4. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The header for the Literature forum is great! Thanks a bunch.
  5. Malazaf Jedi Youngling

star 4
    More menial tasks to do via buttons!

Nirvana w/o the enlightenment or virgins.
  6. Maverick_Mcloud Jedi Knight

star 1
    nice to see people doing this stuff and so quickly it was only a week ago fan films was talking about geting a new layout
    THANKS TO MUCH!
    keep up the good work!
  7. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    Looks awesome... more neater and cleaner :)
  8. death-sticks Jedi Master

star 4
    woah!!!! kinda creepy.

i haven't been on in like 24 hours so i sign on and see too many linky thingys! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  9. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    One opinion. I like, but can then " Jedi Council Forums » Administration » JC Communications » Post A Reply " part always be at the top? It would be more helpful than the links at the top, IMO. Otherwise, it's grand :)
  10. skibum Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great I dea would have been better before the movie came out but cool.
  11. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    This feature was needed very badly, especially the links to offical topics. Great job guys.
  12. Malazaf Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I don't like it as much, any more. Too many things up there. Too large and boistrous.

I'll just have to stay in comms or something. ;)
  13. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    THANK YOU GOD!

~Neszis~
  14. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    RMCOY - I don't think that we can do that. We can certainly add links to the board row that begins with your login name, but I don't think we can add new rows. That being said, I do have an idea that might be able to trick the boards, but I haven't had the time to code it and test it. It is on my agenda for tomorrow night.
    -- Of course, there are other options to that if they were to be looked into ;) ~ If your experiment doesn't work the way you're hoping it to, you could create a new table after a line return on the login menu, have it coded with the page background style sheet tag, have it a certain dimension wide, no text, and then below that have the links. That should work just as well, and it'd be closer to the board, making it more "appealing" imo. If you'd like, I can write up the source and send it to you. I have an idea how to work it already :)

--edit: Okay, so I decided to code it out and show it. I put it on my local FanForce board (so the colours and banners aren't the regular JC ones), but hopefully you'll get the idea. Here is the Sample Idea I came up with. Basically, the links are on the same table as the user information, but it is separated and looks neat. It also keeps the top uncluttered and the threads aren't repeated on the bottom.
  15. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    It seems like a bit much at first, but I'm sure it will grow on me. It's a nice feature. Good job, guys.

Not to rush or anything, but do you have an estimate on when it will be in teh Games Forum?
  16. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    As far as I know, we don't have anything planned for the Games forum header at the moment. But we welcome any suggestions you and others may have, so please post them here.
  17. goldbubbly Jedi Master

star 4
    I like RMCOY's sample, is there any way y'all would consider that? And could it be implemented?
  18. JediCandy Jedi Master

star 3
    It is too busy....couldn't it have been done with drop down menus instead? Such as, an "Author's Help" that drops down to show grammar, QA, FAQ, etc.....?

JediCandy
  19. Anakin_Skywalker20 Force Ghost

star 5
  20. quigon70 Force Ghost

star 5
    loads of stuff looks gooooooooooooood

now to view the rest of it
  21. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    For the Games forum, I would personally suggest:

Games Forum Index/FAQ | Jedi Outcast: Official Discussion Thread | Star Wars Galaxies | Knights of the Old Republic | Games Forum Index/FAQ

The Games Forum Index being twice because people need to see it. If that seems too tacky, then perhaps one of the console war threads. And if room permits, perhaps the JC.N GL Gaming Lounge thread. Just my two cents. I guess jp gets the last word on it, but he's gone for a few days.
  22. rouge-reblekid Jedi Knight

star 1
    cool I like this idea very cool
  23. SunsetBlvd Jedi Youngling

i don't like it. i don't want to start drama, so i'll just leave it as that.
  24. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    There's an error with this, I've just noticed. Since the new tables were added, on the bottom of the screen where it shows Category > Board > Thread Name, The thread name isn't appearing at all. So far, this is only on the boards that have the changes made to them.
  25. DarthMaulX2 Jedi Master

star 1
    It should be lower, underneeth the nav links to go up a directory.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.