main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Board Colors...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    That seems really odd. Why would you leave all the images on a site you DON'T control? My host is pretty reliable. And my transfer levels are pretty low, but still...

Seems that TFN would WANT to host. The reliability of my host will directly effect the Colorado Springs board.

I guess it's no biggie. I've got 4GB of bandwidth a month and am not really using it right now, so might as well...

Just not good business practice.

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I believe the thinking is just purely for saving TFN bandwith, and some Fanforce's actually prefer to host the images themselves so that they can change them as often as they like without having to go to an admin each time to re-upload.

For me personally, I prefer the stability of having the images hosted with TFN, if the board is up, our graphics are up. Plus I doubt we will change graphics more than once a year.

But I have no say in the matter.

The rmff.net site is already paid for by the Denver group and has 35gb/month transfer, i've talked to Cory about hosting a springs site there many times, as soon as you guys are ready to go, let me know.

3. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
  4. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Thanks, Obi!

5. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    They've updated it, you're on the list!

6. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Rollover colors and hosting of images will probably be fixed tonight. I PM'ed Rox with the info and he said he would do it after work this evening.

This should fix problems for the likes of Na-gong who couldn't see the images because his banner ad blocker blocked them because they were on another site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.