main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Board Customization

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    As many of you know, we have the option of customizing our boards. This is something I'd like to do, because our boards are fairly tame. We've talked about changing the banner before, but never of adding several of the other features. Changing the banner, because of its technical requirements, would be something that would take some time and certainly lots of prior discussion. In the near term I'd like to do the following:

1. Add a row of links along the top to important threads, such as our Bylaws and the welcome thread. We currently have a link to our Website at the top that I'll certainly keep around.

2. Add a marquee (scrolling or otherwise) along the top to announce meeting times.

3. Adding a "contact your chapter rep" line somewhere.

4. Making the Bylaws and the welcome threads sticky.

All of these things can be done relatively quickly and easily. See the Bloomington and Indy boards to get an idea of what I'm talking about. I'd like to get everyone's input on this. If we want to change the banner as well, which doesn't strike me as urgent, we'd need to discuss it here and at the next GM.

2. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    In addition to the By laws and Welcom page being "sticky", why not have a general "calendar" sticky as well, to post meetings and times, and can be edited.

3. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    As in a calendar, calendar? I didnt know we could have a calendar on the boards. Good idea.

4. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Here's what I'm thinking as far as the links at the top: link the the Website (already there), Bylaws, a new welcome thread giving E'ville Jedi info, a meeting calendar (Red's suggestion), and a contact the CR link. Anybody have any other suggestions/ideas for links? The marquee will have the next meeting posted on it, and I think I'm going to go with the scrolling variety. As always, I'm open to suggestions. I won't do anything until after the GM, so post here or bring your ideas to the GM.

5. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Perhaps the following should be sticky, or scrolling.

ALL HAIL WILHELMUS!

6. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    We could also have scrolling:

FUDGEPACKERS WELCOME

:D

7. TC517

May 14, 2001
    :D Indeed.

8. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Poor Jennifer...

9. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Depending on how you look at it...

10. JediAtticusFinch

JediAtticusFinch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2004
    No matter how I look at it, I still see "poor Jennifer" :p

:D (for some reason this is a trend now? :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.