main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC BOARD GAME NIGHT! Saturday, October 14th at Jada and TK-2970s [Potluck]

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    On Saturday, October 14th TK-2970 and I will be hosting a board game night! We have:

SW Trivial Pursuit w/ DVD
    SW Classic Trilogy Monopoly
    SW TPM Monopoly

We are going to do a "potluck" so everyone bring a dish to share [and if you [face_batting] at TK-2970 he might make a cheesecake ;)]

Spouses, children and friends are welcome! [We have children's games also]

TK-2970 and I live in Gastonia close to I-85 and Wilkinson Blvd.

We will PM directions to those who are going to attend.

Questions?

[As an FYI - we have an indoor cat and the dogs will be outside. Our house is non-smoking but if anyone smokes they can go out on the front porch].

2. Jedi_528

Jedi_528 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Sounds cool! Count me in. [face_dancing] And yeah I do have a question. Do you want me to bring some extra kids games? I have I Spy for kids 4 and up and something called Remote possibilites which is like a General knowledge and trivia kids game. Oh and TK, ah, [face_batting] Now go make some cheescake...and [face_coffee] !!! [:D]

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Absolutely! That would be great!

I also want to mention that this is the first of many game nights we are planning and locations will vary.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I've started my two Chilis! [face_dancing]

I'm making an all meat [sans beans] chili that will be mild to medium [according to me :p] and a Chili with Meat and Beans that will be [face_skull] [face_devil] [face_skull] [face_devil] [face_skull] [face_devil] [face_skull] [face_devil] [face_skull] [face_devil] :eek:

If everyone could also bring 1 thing to drink. I'll have decaf coffee and some Iced Tea and Apple Cider for the kiddos.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    If anyone needs directions PM me or TK-2970 before 4:30pm. I doubt we'll be able to get on after that.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We had a fantastically good time last night even though there were just a few of us! [face_dancing]

We laughed, we ate, we were silly silly people.

First of all, a big BIG thank you to Jedi_528 who gave me an early birthday present - a CD and the DVD of "This is Spinal Tap" . . . Rock n' Roll!!!! :cool: [:D]

So, in attendance were:

Me, Jada
    TK-2970
    Jedi_528
    TB0976
    Dogme . . . yes, she really is a board member [face_laugh] She just can't vote. :( :p
    and various younglings

Here are some pictures from the evening:

Jedi_528 and her new best friend, Dogme:
    [image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Board%20Game%20Night%2010-14-06/2006_1014024.jpg]

TK-2970, Jada, Jedi_528 and TB0976
    [image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Board%20Game%20Night%2010-14-06/2006_1014028-1.jpg]

Two misc. shots [children's faces are blocked . . . for safe keeping ;)]
    [image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Board%20Game%20Night%2010-14-06/BoardGame2-1.jpg]

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Board%20Game%20Night%2010-14-06/BoardGameA.jpg]

And, the special guest of the evening, Backpacking Luke and Yoda! [face_dancing]
    [image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Board%20Game%20Night%2010-14-06/boardgameB.jpg]

Everyone found out something about me last night . . . I'm an extremely competitive Trivial Pursuit player. [face_blush] And I like to win. ;) We had such a great time. Even my daughter and her friend who aren't into Star Wars sat with us to play it because we were having such a great time. And Jedi_528's son really enjoyed playing . . . when he wasn't entertaining us with his magic tricks. :D

But of course Dogme stole the evening by making friends with everyone. Nothing like a big black lab who thinks she is a lap dog kissing everyone right on the lips. 8-}

We really had a great time and I'm looking forward to doing this again. Hopefully we can do it somewhere in Charlotte next time. Our plan is to make this a regular happening and TK-2970 and I have been collecting little "prizes" for future games to give out to the winners. [face_batting] ;)

7. Jedi_528

Jedi_528 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Hey Jada,
    You're welcome! I know you'll enjoy re-livng those rock and roll eighties with Spinal Tap! And I just LOVE your dog! "Dogme"...YOU ROCK!! LOL! And so do you guys!! Yes, I did learn that Jada's competitive and kicks butt in the world of SW trivia, and TK gave us a run for our 'chips' so to speak , as well (ah trivia chips that is). Looks like relative "newbies" like myself better catch up lest we suffer the fate that C3PO is always warning of: "We're DOOMED!!" Anyway, thanks. We'll have to do it again sometime.

We were in the mood for Ep.6 last night after playing the game, and I found a new favorite line from ROTJ:
    "It's against my programming to impersonate a Diety!" (C3PO) [face_laugh]

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Some of 3P0's lines are the best. :D

Yes, I am a bit competitive. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.