main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Board Game Night!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Okay, I was thinking....one of these nights we have a board game night. A few of us could bring board games and we play the one that everyone seems interested in! Tell me what you think.

Edit: this could also be a night for RPG-ing.

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey, that's an awesome idea! That sounds good to me, but it'd probably be easiest for me on weekend evenings, that way I could bring the whole clan and you all could meet them.

3. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Good idea...

I've got Monopoly, Trivial pursuit & Life (SW versions of course!)

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    And I have Pass Out! Ok Ok...I am just kidding....but I used to have it :D LOL!

5. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    Oooh, Star Wars trivial pursuit! FUN!

6. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    It'd be interesting to see how all of us would do at a game of Star Wars trivial pursuit, or just plain trivial pursuit for that matter. I can never find anyone to play trivial pursuit with me!
    Hey, maybe we can also bring video game consoles for anyone interested in playing that stuff. So, maybe instead of just a board game night, it can be a whole game-filled evening with board games, role-playing, and video games. That'd be fun. And what would be even cooler is if we could get people to bring their PCs and we could set up a LAN and get some star wars or non-star wars network games running! YEAH, THAT SOUNDS GREAT!! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

Ahem... sorry. Got a little carried away. Let me compose myself and I'll get back to y'all... :p

7. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    sounds fun to me! I love the idea of having video games there as well... since some of us have xboxes and some PS2's and some of us don't have anything

8. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    I can contribute these games...

1. The Kenner: Star Wars, Espcape from the Death Star board game.

2. xbox and Knights of the Old Republic game.

3. Star Wars Chess for the PC

4. Star Wars Monopoly

9. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I can contribute my PS-2 with Bounty HUnter,Clone Wars, and TPM for PS1

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay i have only two questions...

when and where? do you want to maybe wait until after the next meeting due to the fabric hunt next week and then the costuming workshop the weekend after that and then we have the next meeting?

and where will we hold it?

I have several trival pursuits-including the star wars one and the star wars monopoly...

11. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    My mom said it would be okay if we held it at our house, she just has to know when it will be. If my house is a problem for anyone then it's okay, we will find another location!

12. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay now just when... maybe after hte next meeting?

13. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    sure! You could all follow us home or something...I'm sure that would work out fine, just have to let my mom know

14. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    after the next meeting sounds good. that would be, what, the 21st? or maybe we could do it on a saturday evening or something?

Either way, what I have to contribute:

PS:
    Star Wars Games:
    The Phantom Menace
    Jedi Power Battles
    Demolition
    Masters of Teras Kasi
    Other various Playstation games

15. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    hum maybe that saturday would be good...

LadyN why don't you go ahead and decide what evening is good for you okay? Saturday before the costuming workshop or the next meeting or after the next meeteing. it is up to you its your house and your idea...

16. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Saturday before (or after) the costuming meeting sounds perfect! I will let my mom know when I get back home (I'm at my sister's apartment)

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    the saturday night before the workshop sounds fun... you neve rknow how long the workshop will run espeically as we are getting closer to halloween-I know i have a lot of work to do that day...

let me know what time and i will be there...

18. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    okay! Saturday September 13th from 4:00 PM to 8:00 (??) if that time is a problem for Anyone just let me know!

PM me for the address or what not (I am not too good with directions so you'll have to use Mapquest until I drive some more...)
    '

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay sounds good to me... will be there most likely around 5 ish or so.. gotsata work...

20. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay um... quick question...

who can bring what again... this way we don't have 9 triva pursiuits and so on...

I can bring:

SW Trivia Pursuit (as well as Genus and another one)
    SW Monopoly
    A Harry Potter Trivia Game

sorry no video games here....

21. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I have my PS2 with Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, and TPM Game for regular PS

22. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Just a reminder that the Game night will be This Saturday from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at my house! For directions and cell number just PM me :)

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Okay, this ticks me off, as I was SOOOOOOOO looking forward to playing some games and whatnot.

I will *sniff* not be able to come. :_| My parents decided to visit this weekend, and imagine what a host I would be to leave my wife to fend for herself against my parents. Not fun. Plus, she'd kill me, I think.

So, since it won't work out, I will have to wait till next time. I'm trying hard not to be bitter about it, but DAGNABBIT! :mad:

However, I can contribute if anyone is interested in some Star Wars PS1 games:
    Star Wars Demolition
    Star Wars Jedi Power Battles
    Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi

If anyone wants to play these this time around, let me know so I can figure out who to get them to before the weekend.

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    that stinks you won't be able to make it BHalo... I hope that you can make the meeting on the 21st...

have a hopefully sane weekend...

LadyN... sitll planning on being there

25. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I will see you there!! Does anyone know how to play checkers? We bought a Lord of the Rings checkers set and the instructions on how to play are very vague.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.