main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Board Header

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLeia, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Just thought of something else... At the top we have the welcome etc stuff, then the jedi council forums and stuff then the logged in as etc stuff right?? Then at the bottom we have the welcome stuff and then the jedi council forums stuff... Is it possible to have it the other way round on the bottom?? So instead of it being:

TOP:
    Welcome to Fanforce WA | Local Bios | Outer Rim Calendar | The Dog's Bitchin' Box
    Contacts - Darth Soup | Fallen Angel | Soneil | SithLeia

Jedi Council Forums » FanForce Australia & New Zealand » Western Australia » Post A Reply

Logged in as: FaLLeN-AnGeL | Logoff | Private Messages | Options | Help | Translation | Faces | Markup Codes | Archives | Terms of Service

BOTTOM:
    Welcome to Fanforce WA | Local Bios | Outer Rim Calendar | The Dog's Bitchin' Box

Jedi Council Forums » FanForce Australia & New Zealand » Western Australia »

It's

BOTTOM
    Jedi Council Forums » FanForce Australia & New Zealand » Western Australia »

??

Does that make sense??
    Coz I keep getting lost trying to find the WA bit to go back to the main page, I keep clicking on the wrong thing... :D

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Whatever is on the top is automatically on the bottom - its not possible to have it reversed, sorry.

3. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    As Shara said, we can't mirror it, as much as I'd love to. Whatever order it goes in at the top is the same at the bottom. One of the little drawbacks to it.

A solution to being able to tell the different links apart could be what NZ has done, with each section having different coloured links. Something to think about.

I've fixed the links, but something that I brought up was that the original colour choice for the announcement section (currently having 'Welcome to FanForce WA') was impossible to see. I chucked in "firebrick", but if you guys want a different colour, tell either Shara or me and we can change it in seconds.

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Looks excellent.

5. Pris

Pris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Meh, take it as you will, all I'll say is that I know a perfect chavinist when they ignore me.
    Mind you, it can't be helped ... I suppose it's the only way someone as closed-minded would behave.
    Women are equal with men. When will some people learn ...

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't know what brought on this sudden dig but I won't bother arguing. If I've done something to annoy you then at least tell me before going right off the thread's topic and criticising me on the forums. I can only assure you that I haven't singled you out for any special treatment. I've been pretty much ignoring everyone lately due to non-forum commitments.

7. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Um... O-K...

Well, no that fire colour looks good to me for the title. Its a simular colour I used for the Outer Rim designs. Lookin good to me.

8. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I still think we don't need the part that says 'Welcome to Fanforce Western Australia' if we are going to have a thread that says exactly the same thing...

9. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    It would be, but that area is where the announcements would usually go. We can just remove it entirely when nothing is needed, but it's up to you guys.

And please do not derail threads with personal grievences that have nothing to do with the topic. [face_plain]

10. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    How about keep the title 'Welcome to Fanforce Western Australia' as it is but change the link 'Welcome to FanForce WA' to something like 'Welcome' or 'Introduction' or even 'About the Boards'

Anything really just so it doesnt read the same.

11. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Well, I'm guessing "So you've decided to check yourself into the looney bin" wouldn't go too well (and is more suitable to other FF's ;)), so how about "Intro to FF WA"?

12. Pris

May 26, 2002
    Um, it is legit ... I'm questioning the reasoning of putting someone up as a contact who has a strong bias against women.

13. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    By announcements do you mean when the next meet is happening or something like that? If so, then how about we put "Don't forget Clare and Drew's engagement party on the 6th of July!!" Or something along those lines...

14. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Yeah, stuff like that, F_A. :)

I'd only recommend it for important meets (like that one), though. :)

15. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    No, it's not a meet, but it is a major event which people should not forget about... :D

16. Pris

May 26, 2002
    Yeah, but the point is, political boards matters are left aside, no "Outer Rim" events are a part of this, no people who dislike us are to turn up and bitch to other people about us.

Fair enough? It's our party, for our engagement. Not a meet.

17. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    A good idea in the first place then Pris would have been not to advertise it on these public boards, isnt that right. ;)

I cant see anybody on here being that mean anyway so you should beable to enjoy your wonderful event.

18. Pris

May 26, 2002
    It was simply a convenient means of telling people from here (with a couple of exceptions, yourself, of course, included) whom we are good friends with about our party.
    Don't get picky; and as is obvious, many non-OR and non-Fanforce events have been advertised here before ... why pick on this very one, hmm? I wonder ... [face_plain]

19. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    *tries to get back on track*
    It's looking good, not taking up too much space... Whoever thought of doing that, it was a good idea... I think I should stop being so helpful... :D

*goes back to playing Insaniquarium*

20. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Slow down...

convenient means What happen to email, icq, a nice letter, a phone call.

Don't get picky; and as is obvious, many non-OR and non-Fanforce events have been advertised here before ... why pick on this very one, hmm? I wonder ...

I'm not pickin here, your the one who complained. I was simply offering advice that if you let people know by email or letter instead you wouldnt have thoughts about people doing things like that. You chose to broadcast it on here so why are you complaining, hmmm [face_plain]

I was simply offering advice and trying to be nice, dont turn on me coz your upset for no reason. I want you to enjoy your special day, really I do. So leave it at that.

21. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Actually SK, the people who were formally invited revieved both e-mails and letters from the abovementioned couple....

As you haven't recieved either, it seems conclusive to say that you are not invited........pity.

This was just a place of prior announcement before the official invitations were sent out.

22. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    You just answered what I was talking about :) Anyway...

Do we have anything else to add up there at all?

23. Pris

May 26, 2002
    DS is right; it took a while to come up with the invitations, so we gave people prior notice here. It's convenient for them.
    It's a goddamn party. Not everything on these boards concerns or revolves around yourself, as much as you'd like to think it does. And yes, you are picking. If you have objections to advertising every non-Fanforce non-OR event on these boards, then go back through every single one of those threads and complain. THEN I'll know you're serious.
    I chose to broadcast it here. Deal with it.
    I'm not upset for no reason, I'm upset because you got huffy and indignant for no reason. As you've been told time and time again by many people from these boards, grow up.

24. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Huh!

I have nooooo idea where that came from.

Anyway... movin right along.. again

25. Pris

May 26, 2002
    LOL!
    Stop editing your posts after other people reply, and then it might make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.