main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Board Info Update

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
  2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Cool, thanks, YJN! I can see Derisa wanting to use this to publicize upcoming events and meetings...

- Rani

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Mmmm, maybe - and I know people are already bruiting the issue of "sticky threads" all about in the General Canada forum as well....but here at least (because, well, this is where I am) I'll say that from my perspective....I suppose it may be a good concept for announcements and such, but for the most part - surely if we wanted to just move a topic up to catch peoples' notice, then just bumping it, simply, as we can already do....surely that should suffice. Of course, I've never had to bump any topic just for the sake of bumping it....I'd like to think that I only bring it up when I have something useful to add, and ergo, to post. :) But as it stands....while the whole "sticky threads" idea might be useful for general forum announcements (not entirely sure *how* exactly) - haven't we been getting along pretty well with just generally bumping stuff up anyway, as need be? I mean, I do hope so. :)

Dawn.

4. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    When was the last time the "Welcome New Members" was upped, Dawn? Because that's exactly the kind of thread that myself or Derisa might decide should be "sticky", and would ask YJN to create a new thread on that subject that was sticky for the new members to read.

I'm not sure why our using this is even under debate, and I personally don't really care what people think of sticky threads on other forums. Derisa and I will be discussing this and letting YJN know if we require his diligent services.

Again, YJN, thanks for the heads-up!

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.