main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON board of directors

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    It's now the end of August and there has been no talk on the elections for the board of directors.

I am retiring as CEO as of the August 31.

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    As far as positions go, do we have/want a PR person?

3. darthsolvo

darthsolvo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2007
  4. Fantyx

Fantyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2006
    Public Relations.

Rob has always done pretty much everything to do with that.

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    yes and we need to have more people doing it.

That's why I want someone else to lead the group. if you do the same job for to long it takes the fun out of it. In a year or 2 I may want to run for CEO again but for now it needs to be someone else. This is supposed to be a anual election for board of directors and it's CEO.
    This would mean the first Sunday meeting in September is the election day, that's on the 7th. Everyone needs to come out. If you want to be on the board of directors you get to have your say or have someone there to represent you if you can not be there.

I do have a idea that would spread things out and that is each person picks an event or group thing and they are the one in charge.
    There are at lest 6 events that have to be worked out each year and you can do a different event each year.

for example one person in charge of the santa claus parade. that person contacts the parade commity and makes the arangements learns the does and don'ts. then orgainizes the group for what has to be done. Things like where the music comes from, how many people will be there, making contact with other groups to get them to come out with us and so on. It's not that that person has to do everything, in fact they can't. they have to co-ordinate everything to make it work, with getting the right people to help them with the right jobs.

6. Fantyx

Fantyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2006
    I'm setting up a proxy group in Windsor and can organize events here, but I don't think I'll be able to take any positions for London.

7. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'll come out on the 7th... I'm not very good at contacting people though, I'm better at oganization behind the scenes, and answering questions. I don't know that I would want to be in charge of an entire event if it means I have to be the one to make initial contact, I'd rather leave that to someone who is better suited to the job. Unless it's all done by email.

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    All of the contacts have been made already.

Santa Claus Parade
    Childrens Hospital
    Women's Centre
    Glen Cairn Centre
    even media that likes to hear from us.

For each project you will get all the contact info. It's just calling to find out the time and dates for events each year.

9. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    For those who do not attend meetings, here is the board of directors for 2008/09.

Rebellaka- board of directors CEO.
    DarthPapa- board of directors finance officer.
    Lord_Robert- board of directors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.