main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Board Wide Spoiler Policies

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Raven, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    A spoiler is defined as any information about Revenge of the Sith not officially released by LFL before April 2nd, 2005. Information released by LFL on or after April 2nd is considered a spoiler. All spoiler policies must be adhered to until May 23rd, 2005, or as indicated by forum.

Boardwide Spoiler Policy
    Posting spoilers in the clear in non-spoiler areas will result in an immediate banning. Except where specifically stated otherwise by moderators, spoilers hidden by any means (for example but not limited to leaving spoiler space and creating ?highlight-to-read? areas) will be treated as if they were posted in the clear. Which is to say if you post a highlight-to-read spoiler you will most likely get banned.

Posting spoilers in signatures is considered by the Mod Squad to be equivalent to posting spoilers openly in non-spoiler areas, and will result in the deletion of the signature and an immediate banning.

Spoiler policy around the boards:

Communications: Spoilers are allowed as appropriate on a thread-by-thread basis, and all instances of spoilers must provide warning, either around the spoiler itself or in the title of the thread containing the spoilers. Users are to refrain from posting spoilers unless absolutely necessary; unnecessary posting of spoilers within Communications may result in a banning. For example, the Icons thread may contain spoiler images if permitted by the Icons moderator, but no other spoiler material.

3NS: No spoilers are allowed. All materials which have been released after April 2nd are not to be discussed in the forum until after the release of the film. All other official information is allowed, expect in the threads labeled [HCSF] or Hard-core Spoiler-free. Thread titles which pertain to official information must be kept vague. General Grievous may be mentioned by name in all threads and any thread title.

3SA: All spoilers are allowed.

Literature: Spoilers are allowed within the novelization thread and the Episode III thread. Literature moderators reserve the right to create more threads with ROTS spoilers. Regular users are not permitted to create threads with ROTS spoilers. Posting spoilers outside moderator approved threads results in an immediate banning.

Amphitheatre/Senate: ROTS discussion is not permitted. Linking to ROTS spoiler threads is permitted, so long as the link provides clear warning, in the sole judgment of the forum moderators.

SW & Film Music: Spoilers (new and old) are allowed in the Official ROTS Score Spoilers Thread. Trailer/TV ad-specific information can be discussed in those respective threads. No spoilers should appear anywhere else.

Fanfiction: Spoilers are allowed in stories along with the requirement that the writer clearly labels the fic as having spoilers both in the story title as well as in the very first post. Discussion of spoilers is allowed in the Episode 3 Spoiler Fics thread in Resource. However, this thread is not for general spoiler discussion, but for discussion of spoilers relating to fanfic writing.

Saga: Spoilers are allowed in the forum, but only in this thread. Anyone posting spoilers outside of this thread, intentional or not, will receive an automatic 24 hour ban.

Collecting: Spoilers related to the collectibles are allowed in this thread. No spoilers should be posted anywhere else.

Your Jedi Council Community: Star Wars Spoilers are ABSOLUTELY not allowed to be posted, and you WILL recieve a ban if you post any(this includes linking to spoilers EVEN

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Very much appreciated, Gandy :).

I support tough enforcement of the spoiler policy, and harsh bans for those who violate it. The rules are visible for all those who care to read. Ignorance is no excuse.

3. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
  4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Sigs?

This? :

Posting spoilers in signatures is considered by the Mod Squad to be equivalent to posting spoilers openly in non-spoiler areas, and will result in the deletion of the signature and an immediate banning.

5. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Dude, that SO wasn't there when I asked.

...was it?

And does that include links to spoilers, even with warning, as that is the most conservative rule on the boards?

ETA: It was edited after I posted. At least I know I'm not being crazy :p

6. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    This? :

I think Gandy tacked that one on after carmen asked ;).

Of course, it's also appreciated, even if I do see it as common sense.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Cool. Can't wait for the movie to come out.

What does TPM board stand for?

-Jason
    Fire Fighter
    Jackson 105 Fire Department
    Coraggio. Honor. Orgoglio. Dovere.

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003

The Phantom Menace. :)

9. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001

My faith in humanity takes another small hit.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    That's what I figured, but why don't we have a AOTC board listed then?

-Jason
    Fire Fighter
    Jackson 105 Fire Department
    Coraggio. Honor. Orgoglio. Dovere.

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    All wings haven't reported in yet. As the forum mods tell us their individual policies, we've been adding them to the list.

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    That's only four days after RotS comes out. I'd think it'd be at least a week. Theres something like a month for books. Hell, if everything goes as planned for me, I'll be seeing RotS on the 22nd, if not, it'll probably be way further on....

13. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Excellent work. I hope this clears up the confusion that seems to plague these parts.

14. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    A tough but fair spoiler policy that I think will be effective. Good job, Raven.

15. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    That's only four days after RotS comes out. I'd think it'd be at least a week. Theres something like a month for books. Hell, if everything goes as planned for me, I'll be seeing RotS on the 22nd, if not, it'll probably be way further on....

yeah, but people are going to want to talk about it asap. i think a 4 day wait is more than enough. if you want to wait longer to see it and not be spoiled just stay away from the JC for a bit.

Nice to see this up :)

16. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Now if only the trailer stuff was considered to be "spoilers"... Ah well, I know that spending time away from the JCC is better for me in the long run, anyway. :p

Thanks for the info, Ravdolf. :)

HCSF for 41 more days

17. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Meh. I'm probably going to end up staying off the boards untill I've seen the movie anyway. I'm sure there will be a bunch of n00bs who come in after May 19th and start posting ROTS spoilers/movie stuff everywhere (except 3SA :p ). Meh. I can't wait untill I see it :p

18. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "That's only four days after RotS comes out. I'd think it'd be at least a week. Theres something like a month for books."

It will take everyone under 2.5 hours to see ROTS. It takes some people much longer to read a book.

19. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Added Fan Films.

Rick McCallum loves you!

20. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I wanna know with all these board policies in-tact, are mods going to post on the main page: One million posters banned today, don't let this happen to you. Don't post spoilers or miss out on TF.N. Then we could have a contest. Everone is banned until there is only one poster left and then the ban on spoilers is lifted. You could have a counter on the first page:
    Bans for spoilers, so far.... Anybody thing of doing this? :confused:

Also a picture with a particularly grusome picture of what you did to an illegal spoiler poster would be a nice touch IMHO. [face_devil] :D

21. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I bet Celebration 3 forum is a NO NO also.

22. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Is posting a line from the novelization in one's sig, if that line contains no spoilers, a no-no?

23. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Yes.

(except if it's something that was known before April, like things in the trailers or something)

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Alert any spoiler mod to someone who has dialogue from the novel in their sig.

25. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    When was this unstickied? And why? It's still true... o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.