main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

boards.theforce.net - file not found

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JediANGELA, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Well, it works in other browsers now.
    Eh. Weird.

~ James

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Sometimes, for some reason if you get someone to link you to The Boards, they work.

3. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Update from AcklayComeHome, he still cant get on, 404 errors galore. he was on when i was gone, but now he still cant get on.

4. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Yeah, he was telling me over at Coruscant. :(

I thought this downtime was over... I hope it doesn't hit me again.

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I had this problem for a few hours today. Tried a 2nd browser, same results.

I'm glad we're back to normal. I just hope no one lost any important posts for fanfic or other stuff.

I noticed the problem when I tried to click on an active topic notification link and it said the boards could not be found.

6. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    reporting in for myself this time, i just got the black screen then the redirect for the first time tonight, so its not over yet. [face_plain]

7. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I had this problem a ton tonight - it'd work for like 30 seconds and then I'd get nothing but black screens and errors for a good 10 minutes. I attempted to resolve it through IGN, but their tech support stuff wasn't that helpful. :) Seems to be ok for now...we'll have to see!

8. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I got that stang message for 8 hours or so today. Plus I still can't access tF.n main. Anyone else have that problem?

Yeah, the black screen combined with the rumors of takeover wasn't the best combination for me today.

9. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Yeah, had it as well, about 3 hours from some 8-9 hours ago. Was just ready typing post, lost the text :(

Oh well, good reason to go to bed earlier finally for once this week.

Quite likely DNS: from a (linux) machine at work I logged into the DNS lookup failed miserably. Now it lists two IP adresses(?!)
    --
    [bouke@rowlf:~ 501] host boards.theforce.net
    boards.theforce.net A 216.35.19.131
    boards.theforce.net A 216.35.123.107
    --
    Or was there a host that was down, followed by another taking over, then DNS not being updated for everyone?

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd say that I wasn't able to get on for 9 of the past 12 hours.

11. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    It happened to me too, couldnt get on all day then tongiht i was able....

12. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm only able to get here via a proxy at the moment.

13. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    This, is an April Fools joke too?

Pretty awful one if so...

We want to discuss NEW Webdoc, not look at File not found page, when coming here just cuz it's a prank! [face_plain]

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's working fine for me now. One thing you can try - when you get the 'file not found' try a right-click with the mouse on the page and then click on 'refresh' in the list. That sometimes works.

15. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I dunno, it really wasn't working yesterday... all the links were broken for me, typing in the url didn't work... does anybody know what went wrong?

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think it was DNS problems - it has happened before. TFN Main was down also.

17. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I had this problem last night, too. TF.N main page was sporadic...some times I could get it, sometimes I could not.

18. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    JayaSolo I had the same very frustrating problem yesterday all day!!! I was receiving my update or favorite poster emails and couldn't even use the links in the emails to get on... all in all extremely frustrating! But it has happened on other occasions as well, so I just gave up after well over an hour and took a nap! I still couldn't get on last night when I got up so I'm happy to see the boards are accessible again today! :)

~Goddess Jaina~

19. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    As for as I know, it's not a joke. We mods have been having a heck of a time accessing the boards as well. I can't get it from my computer for more than five minutes at a time (then I have to go somewhere else for five minutes and try again). But my mother's computer (which I'm on right now) has no problems.

Dana

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    had that problem for 5 hours yesterday.

now today...the damn YJCC will not load!!!!

21. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Yeah, I'm still getting errors too...looks like a routing problem of some kind because SOME of the pages (not all mind you) will work one way of getting to them yet not another. (e.g. manually browsing to it from the top level of the boards vs. clicking on an e-mail link) I've tested this on multiple browsers so it must be something else. Any thoughts?

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've had no problems so far today.

23. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    I had a couple errors this morning but things are looking a bit better as of this afternoon.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've been getting this problem again a bit since I came on about 10 mins ago - once when trying to edit a post so I lost my edit..

25. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    None of the banners are loading. If I wait for them to load I get an error. If I hit stop, the rest of the page loads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.