main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam of Nuchtern, Sep 4, 2012.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    It's Tommy Darmody dude Jimmy didn't rise from the grave to get revenge on Nucky

The actor obviously isn't nearly as young as the character is supposed to be, but according to the wiki he's 15 so it's just on the verge of being unbelievable to me.

I liked the finale a lot. Every character got what was coming to them. I liked Narcisse getting shot in the street. What a great ignoble death. I absolutely adored the glimpse at television a future Nucky will not get to experience, but also conveys a kind of wonder at the format that the show itself is coming to us from.

This will be one of the best shows of the decade, but unfortunately so few people will see it.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It was a satisfying enough finale... the reveal of "Joe Harper" as Tommy was terribly unsurprising, though at least satisfaction was had in seeing that my prediction that Nucky wouldn't survive ended up being correct. The 1897 flashbacks really should have ended last week, but hey, a few more minutes of Marc Pickering's 'Nucky' wasn't the worst thing. I also figured that Gillian was going to end up out of that loony bin, but in a way I suppose her being trapped there is fitting end to perhaps this show's most complex villain.

Other thoughts!

-It was nice to see that Nucky & Eli made peace, and that Eli was left was just enough to get his life back on a better track.

-Capone's conversation with his son was perhaps the best scene in the finale. The moment he has in the car, before formally turning himself in, was rather good as well.

-I liked Margaret admitting that she had her part-to-play, that she wasn't so innocent during her time with Nucky. One also wonders how many more business dealings she'd have with Joe Kennedy.

-Although it was understandable to see Narcisse's assassination, in a way, it would have been better to have left him off under Luciano's control... a fate in some respects that would have been worse than death.

-No main theme intro this time... an interesting choice.

-As Luciano reminded his fellow Syndicate members, pay your taxes.

It's been a really great run for this show. Even with the annoying qualities of this abbreviated final season, one really can't complain that much.