main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boardwalk was great!! Thanks all for coming!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    That was so totally awesome dudes and dudetts!

I'd like to thank Matt for suggesting this and involving all the really fine people from San Francisco Fan Force, I'm hoping you all had a really great time, from how long you were there, I suspect you were. :)

I'd also like to thank those others that came from all over, Stockton, Tulare County, Livermore, etc to hang out and have a ball with us.

I'm sure there will be plenty of blackmail in the coming days with all the photos that were taken (*grumbling Sid gets out his thinning wallet and curses*).

Congrats to MK and co-conspirators for NOT hurling on their fifth time on the Giant Dipper, the Boardwalk staff also thanks you, as well as the nice but quiet folks at the Royal Taj who served an awesome meal.

I met a ton of people, no doubt I?ll be trying to recall your names (*blush*) from my faulty memory for some time, but with a Republic to rebuild, I hope you?ll understand.

I will categorically state for the official record that the people from SFFF are the nicest bunch I?ve met, and would love to take you all home!

Er, ahem?

Okay, that was over the top. Sorry, got carried away. Besides, we?re living with seven cats, no more room at the inn, but still you folks are great, and we?d be happy to hang with you anytime.

Looking forward to our next outing, all the best,

DLS

(copy of this placed on SFFF board so they don't miss it)

P.S.

Next day kit:

*More sleep
    *Aloe Vera for sunburns
    *Tums (Indian food great stuff, but I pay the next day)
    *Time OFF the feet
    *A big smile and lots of reminiscing

And another note to all those who have been so kind to all us in our first months at this: Thanks for your posts, your humor, your support and your interest. This place is a lot more fun with you out there.

Okay, now to I've got to feed those cats before they EAT ME.

/wave

DLS

2. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Thanks for pulling everything together! What a fun idea, I had a great time with everyone, friends old & new!!! I ended up with some pretty rosey cheeks haha, but not as bad as I'd expected! (Next time, the big ugly hat is coming out!)

It was really fun to put some faces to names and get to know a bunch of you in person... now I have incentive to get my bum to the boards more often hehe. I'd love to chat with any of you if you happen to use yahoo or aim... my screen name for both is "lilcreekster". Alhtough if you want to chat on aim, shoot me an email at lilcreekster@yahoo.com so I can add you to my buddy list :) (otherwise I'll always look invisible to you hahaha)

Looking forward to the next event!! (Where I shall be even rounder 'round the middle hahaha)

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I have to say, this was a really awesome event. I had a total blast! I'm glad that I finally had a chance to meet people, both in the SCFF and the SFFF. You guys were great. It's often awkward to join in with a group of people who already know each other, but I found everyone (again, both SCFF and SFFF) to be very friendly and welcoming. I'm really looking forward to attending more events and getting to know people better. :)

I know that a couple of people were taking pictures. Film will obviously take a bit to get developed and all that, but I was wondering if pictures might be available for viewing online at some point?

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    THIS WEEKEND ROCKED!!! Starting off with Sid giving his (now traditional) "State of the Empire" view of the universe from whatever nearest high-point he can find. ( In this case the balcony inside Neptune's Kingdome" Which was immediately followed by Anakin (Jedhead1)and Kenobi posing on the same balcony and giving their thumbs-down to the Emperor. (pics to be following at some point!). I also wish to Thank Kai for the wonderful "pinky dare" which resulted in a minimum of 5 (or did it turn into 6 or 7) times on the Giant Dipper and especially to Luke (AnasianSkywalker) for not hurling on me during that last ride (and I expect a thank you in return from Luke to me for not hurling on HIM during that last ride!) =D= :D

Not only had the pleasure of puting faces to screennames, but to actually meet face to face. Add to that now having even more new friends and it was just an unbelievably great time. I haven't laughed this hard and had this much fun in what seems like forever. Thanks to all of you! :D A BIG THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR COMING AND PLAYING!!!!![face_dancing]

Can hardly wait to meet up again. So, let the planning begin for the next event! I know that we have been talking about a Pirate Party on the beach...(hmmmmm? How about it?)

As for me...I think that I'm going to go sleep for a week!

Night all! (copy of this on SF Board too!)

**Kenobi out**

P.S. And, Sid, you are either really tired or the hardship of creating a new Empire is getting to you. Tulare County was neither represented nor are we associated with them in anyway...VISALIA ONLY was there from our neck of the universe: (snickers at Sid)

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    That was a VERY fun event. I think there need to be more Jedi pinkie dares in the future. Also kudos to Master--Kenobi for teaching me Sooper Sekrit Jedi Sign Language (the arm waving up and down from the elbow "meeting up at the roller coaster" sign, for one). I feel my education is coming along nicely. ;)

It was great fun putting face to screen names...and REAL names to screen names! Although there are some of you I'm having trouble transitioning. Sid remains "Sid" in my mind, in spite of knowing his real name, now. Rather funny. And Adyn, we have to get our hobbit groove on together at some event in the future. Think of the photo ops!

Yes, we'd talked a bit about exercising our Pirattitude in the near future, and also wasn't somebody talking about the Presidio...? Or did I hallucinate that in the bright Santa Cruz sun?

And, was anybody else a zombie on Sunday? I felt like a wimp the whole next day! Perhaps it was just being deprived of all the good company of the day before... :)

- Kai

6. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Yes, I hate to admit it, but Tulare had to go representationless...ed..er. This time. [face_plain] I would love to have gone, but... I must be strong. [face_worried] I can wait for the next one, I can..., it's no good, I can't do it!! :_|

There, I feel better now. Yeah it sounded like you all had a blast, but finances said otherwise for me. Comic-con on top of two months of summer vacation kinda drained the 'ol bank account, but I did have two months off :p, so it's a fair trade.

I've never been to the Boardwalk, or to Santa Cruz for that matter, and it sounds like a lot of fun. So when the next visit rolls around don't be surprised if you get one more to add to your intergalactic group. They do allow wookiees on the roller coasters don't they... 'cause it ain't wise to upset a wookiee :D

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Thanks again for having this event. Myself and Lise aka Supportive Wife Unit enjoyed meeting you guys. Would have loved to have done dinner and talked more 'wars, but alas had a prior engagement. :(

8. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i agree! i had a great time too! taeriel i wanted to let you know that i only have a few pics, mostly of us during the day, but there is one with dark lord sid in it and that is here

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbuXDho2bNmHQ

feel free to order any from shutterfly and chk the SFFF boards for links to other members' pics. i will mention at our meeting this weekend for you too if some have not posted online. ;)

9. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    So for the most random question of this thread: has anyone happened to come down with a cold-type bug since the event? I started getting a scratchy throat last night, and one of my first thoughts was that I could have picked something up at the boardwalk on Sat.

10. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Nope here, ...the only thing Ive contracted is a serious case of dontwanttogotoworkinia.

Hope you feel better :)

11. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Sorry to hear your not feeling well. I did have a scratchy throat the next day, bu that was from all the screaming and laughing.

The only thing I came home to was to discover that Mulder, my computer, had finally decided to finish his transition into the Force. However, after a brain transplant, he is up and running again, as you can see by this post.

:D

Ok..lets start planning our next event! :)

Force Out, Dudes![face_peace]

SANTA CRUZ BLOODY ROCKS!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.