main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bob Woolmer dies

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by halibut, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I highly doubt they had anything to do with his murder. However, if Woolmer had been involved in some illegal activity, or was part of a corrupt organisation, as high placed members of the squad they may have some knowledge of that.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, they're not suspects. May have been the last 2 (non murderers) to see him alive...

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Exactly, they are the two next leaders of the team you could say. Repeated questionings aren't all that unusual I imagine. Every news report just makes them seem like it. :p

4. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Oops, wrong thread... [face_whistling]

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Woolmer death 'exposed the dark side of cricket'

This is the first time I've heard someone connect this with Cronje. The rest of the article does paint the light on match-fixing. This speculation is rather disturbing if you think about it:

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
  8. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    conspiracy theory from a London cab driver:

the alleged fix was not the Ireland game but the West Indies game prior. Pakistan figured they would beat the other two teams easily anyway, and thus still make it through to the Super 8's; losing to the Windies wasn't the end of the world (bonus points notwithstanding).

however, they lost to Ireland, thus screwing everything up. however Bob still wanted his money, and it was refused. he threatened to go public, murder.

no doubt untrue, yet strangely plausible!

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Definitely. So do you think Bob is as guilty as anyone in accepting and being involved in match fixing?

I have been curious as to whether he just knew about it, or was involved, or wasn't but his team was behind his back.... *shrugs*

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I like the first one best;

"We're going to the third umpire..." *puts on sunglasses* "...me."

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

11. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    The Jamaican Police have released images from the CCTV in the hotel of a suspect they wish to speak with.

Footage clearly shows him banging his fist against the door and yelling for Woolmer.

They have released this pic in the hope that someone may be able to identify the person they are searching for.

In related news, Pakistani Cricket has announced a new training regime for the national squad. To maintain fitness levels during the off season, they will be taking up bob-sleighing.

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Like the first one.

2nd is a bit dodgy, but as a Brit I'm trained to find humour in stuff, so yeah that's quite funny as well (although I had heard it before)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.