main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba and The New Mandalorians

Discussion in 'Literature' started by razzy1319, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Is it possible for him to recruit stormtroopers who are clones from his dad? or are the stormtroopers totaly subservient to the empire?

2. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Wouldn't the clones of his dad be a little...well...old? If any of them were still alive, they'd have to be pushing a hundred biological years by the time TUF rolls around. On top of that, Boba himself wouldn't be too young at this point in time. Didn't he lose an arm or a leg somewhere along the line, too?

3. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Is it possible for him to recruit stormtroopers who are clones from his dad? or are the stormtroopers totaly subservient to the empire?

The clone troopers are supposedly under the control of the Empire and only the Empire. And, as 7-7-7 said, by the time Boba might have need for stormies (Vong war), none of the Jango clones would be in fit condition.

Didn't he lose an arm or a leg somewhere along the line, too?

As of the last part of his tale in TBH, his right leg is something like 50% mechanical, I believe.

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    First it would be hard to recruit clones from Jango, for two reasons. The first almost all of them would've died in battle serving the Republic or the Emperor, as they were totally loyal to the Republic.

The second is the advanced aging process which is seems to be about 2.25 biological years to 1 chronological age. So basically any trooper that lived to be 25 chronological years old would be approaching 75 or so in biological age. In short, the clones would've been long dead by the time of TUF. Boba probably got some Merc's to join him or people who had an equal hatred of the Vong. Or maybe he found some Mandalorians and reformed a small clan.

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    That was only the first batch. Many more Jango Fett clones made it into the Empire and hopefully lacked the craptacular aging problem that is infantile to have had.

Also, any children they might have had.

6. Lord_Marrak

Lord_Marrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2001
    So it IS entirely possibly that Jango's Clones had children/families of their own?

If thats the case, then shouldn't it have been possible that the Imperial Stormtrooper also had this "option" available?

Speaking of Mandalorian's, in KOTOR(1) I noticed there wasn't well.. Mandalorian helmets (aka Jango and Boba Fett) only armor. Where as the "Assault Mandalorian Armor" had a "Royal Gaurd" look to them. Could this mean that the Sith were indeed in league with the Mandalorians?

Judging from a comment I saw earlier about the "interest" that Vader and Palpatine has in the Mandalorian armor (from the book Mandalorian Armor), and the rumors that it is also mentioned in Episode III makes me think that it is entirely possible the Sith and Mandalorians joined....

But thats just me :)

7. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Boba's NEW Mandalorians are Fenn Shysa's OLD Mandalorians from Mandalore. Plus some newer recruits I'd exspect. Boba Fett was sent on a mission to kill Shysa, but he didn't have to. Becasue Shysa ended up dieing saving Fett from and unknown means. Boba Fett took the Title of Mandalore, and after a time unleashed the Mandalorian Army on the Yuuzhan Vong. This is where we get our 3 liberated planets in the TUF.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Cool, where's that from?

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Definitive article on the Mandalorians from latest issue of Insider.

10. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Mandalorian Article found in issue 80 of Insider

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Bloody hell, means I have to go into town sometime this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.