main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett and Jangotat (Cestus Deception Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yuuzhanvong1000, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuuzhanvong1000

Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    I was just thinking, if Boba Fett found out about Jangotat's son, what would he think of him? And technically, how would they be related? Because the clone's refer to themselves as "brothers", so I guess the son of Jangotat would be Boba's nephew, but since Jangotat and Boba have the same genetic material, the child could technically also be Boba's son, this would make a great fanfic. Feel free to use it.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Boba distanced himself from the Clone Troopers just like Jango did. To Jango Fett, his troopers weren't his 'children', only Boba was.

It might weird him out alittle bit but I imagine it occurred to him that the Stormtroopers might occasionally leave a little bundle of joy on the world's they pass by.

So during his Bounty Hunting career...not much.

HOWEVER....

When Boba is rebuilding the decimated Mandalorians, I think it is possible he might seek out the children of Stormtroopers though. They would be the best source of "Mandalorian blood"

That's just fan speculation on my part though.

3. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Boba Fett has his own child (a daughter I think) which would genetically be a half-sibling to Jangotat's son.

EDIT: In a genetic sense, Boba is also the father of Jangotat's son.

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Actually more like cousins.

Clones are just identical twins really

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Wouldn't identical twins have a very slight variance in their genetic code? One that wouldn't make much of a difference in how they appear, more like one twin being slightly shorter than the other though they still look alike.

6. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Differences are unlikely. The point of an identical twin is that they shared the same initial egg and sperm, and thus genetic code, with something wonky happening in the first cell divisions so they end up separate entities with the same genetic code. Now, mutations are possible, just unlikely. :)

7. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"Boba distanced himself from the Clone Troopers just like Jango did."<<

Indeed, thirty one months into the war he was having no trouble killing them. I don't think Boba would hesitate to kill baby Jangotat if he had to (although I can't see him murdering the baby out of cold blood).

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Boba Fett has his own child (a daughter I think)"

The baby's sex has never actually been established either way.

9. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Didn't the Gamer article say it was a girl?

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Nope its very careful not to establish any sex to the child. The article is about the child's mother only, and the child is mentioned only in relation to her.

11. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Personally, I want to see a story about an ARC trooper that hears that Jango chose one clone to be his son, and goes AWOL to try to murder and assume Boba's identity. After all, if you were one of Jango's clones, wouldn't you be jealous of the one single clone that he chose to be his son and have the freedom to fight for himself and make his own choices?

12. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    There's an ARC called Spar who was one of the initial "test batch" of 100 ARCs. Something went wrong with him and he went rogue.

13. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Wouldn't identical twins have a very slight variance in their genetic code? One that wouldn't make much of a difference in how they appear, more like one twin being slightly shorter than the other though they still look alike.

The DNA is identical. Slight differences in appearance are due to the whole nature vs. nurture issue. For example, with height, only the range of a person's height is determined by genetics, the rest is due to diet and other external things.

14. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    After all, if you were one of Jango's clones, wouldn't you be jealous of the one single clone that he chose to be his son and have the freedom to fight for himself and make his own choices?

Sure, one might be jealous, but killing boba won't make a clone into Jango's "son" and/or give him the freedom that being a clonetrooper with slightly tinkered genes already denies him. I think the clones, as shown in Cestus Deception and elsewhere, are proud enough to consider themselves as brothers of Jango.

Still having a clone go rogue and feel that he has to prove himself as better than the unadulterated Jango genes (Boba) could make for an interesting story... although the matchup might not be even.. Boba's a kid but has Jango's independent thinking and weapons and ship. the clone might be more physically matured, trained through jango's training regimen, but wouldn't have the arsenal unless he stole it from the army or elsewhere.

15. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    There's an ARC called Spar who was one of the initial "test batch" of 100 ARCs. Something went wrong with him and he went rogue.

What's the from?

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Since the clones have been genetically manipulated to age more rapidly, I wonder if this accelerated age progression will be passed down to any children they sire?

AG88

17. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    >>What's the from?<<

I'd wager Geonosis & the Outer Rim sourcebook.

18. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    Sure is.

19. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    What's the from?

THAT, YOU IDIOT, THAT!!! :_|

20. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Just a quickie: as far as the Gamer stuff, my understanding was that it was ranked somewhere just above fanfic, near Infinities, in the EU hierarchy; does that still stand?
    *Personal view - none of it's any more real than the rest, so Good Stuff=Canon; if it Sucks=chuck it!*

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Gamer is as canon as Literature.

Sorry.

22. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Clonetroops can reproduce, then?

This then would imply the Giraffe Necks didn't build clones just to fight, which would contradict a multitude of sources. Unless the Jangotat doesn't intend to marry, and the thread is specualting what Fett would think of any union's offspring? I haven't read Cestus yet.

23. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Boba distanced himself from the Clone Troopers just like Jango did.

o_O How did he distance himself from them? He trained the early ARC troopers personally. He hired some of the best mercs in the galaxy to train the commandos. Until they wound up on opposite sides of a war I would say he was quite close to the clones.

24. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000

Clonetroops can reproduce, then?[hr][/blockquote][/b]
    Yup. At least the ARCs were granted that particular...ability. [face_thinking]

Their "heavy field artillery" does not fire blanks.

25. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    The OS confirmed clones could have little uns way back in 2002, just after Ep2 came out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.